Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
A kickstarter for Finnish and Russian Winter War figs went up, which would be great because I would love some Finns for Bolt Action:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1030835091/winter-war-wargaming-miniatures

I want to pledge but I'm a little nervous, one because they're offering free shipping, which seems like it could eat up a lot of their revenue.
Two, because all the stretch goals are free, which looks set to increase their costs exponentially. Is it normal for stretch goals to be free? I thought they were usually done as additional buy-ins after a successful kickstart. I don't want to pledge nearly a hundred dollars just to see this turn into one the "we hanged ourselves with our own success" kickstarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Ugh, its rules does that annoying thing where you roll for attack and roll for defense. I can understand the appeal from a design perspective, but requiring twice the amount of rolling for every attack action, which I assume happens regularly, gets real tedious real fast. That, and the fact that it introduces an incredible amount of variance would annoy me too.

Wouldn't more dice rolls make the game less swingy though, since as a sample size increases the average of the actual outcomes will more closely approximate the mathematical probability?

Also, I've been using this to keep an eye out for new boardgame kickstarters:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/166154/2014-kickstarter-boardgame-projects/page/1

• Locked thread