Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«300 »
No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

Elements is really great so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

If it weren't for Jake, I just don't know how much more of this show I could handle.

I'm actually liking Elements a lot, mind you, but there have been so many episodes over the years that I've found lackluster that have been salvaged by Jake. He's probably been the most consistent character throughout every season.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

When was the last time CN advertised for this show? They'll show commercials for garbage like Ben 10 and whatever else forgettable shovelware that lasts for two weeks tops, but won't even give this thing a chance anymore? The ratings are going down because people have forgotten this show even exists.

On-topic, I wonder if they're ever going to update the standard AT intro. Because Finn has had a machine arm for awhile, and now there's demon Jake.

The Ayshkerbundy
Mar 22, 2016

they've made a few breif promos for the elements premiers and each of the DVD releases of the mini series get their own ads, but much of what little advertising Adventure Time gets nowadays is on social media

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

They'll ramp the advertising up again when we reach the final episodes. Sort of like Regular Show.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here. It's gone now.

I've just given up trying to watch this on CN because I. AM NOT. A PSYCHIC.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

1924-2016

Das Boo posted:

owned non psychic nerd.

Say Nothing
Mar 4, 2013

RRG?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Monk make thee?

Any word when Elements will be available on Amazon?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Sure, that happens to Jake, but Sweet Pea stays Sweet Pea

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

The Merkinman posted:

Sure, that happens to Jake, but Sweet Pea stays Sweet Pea

Actually his second horn regrows as well, so while he's Sweet Pea he's a little less so than before..

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

In Rodd We Trust!

Elements was very good, although I feel like the scientific practice of clamping powerful magic stuff to other magical stuff is probably highly untested.

It's really cool that out of a blown out volcanic wasteland, a frozen hellscape of infinite nighttime, and a toxic slime reservoir... Candy Kingdom was still the scariest. The scene with Treetrunks haunts me.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I think my favorite part of all of Elements is when Fire Wyatt is strangling Mr. Pig and Treetrunks is watching and clapping

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Das Boo posted:

For a show like this, who watches live TV anyway? Surely they're hurting themselves not making sure it's specifically an On Demand thing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Taear posted:

For a show like this, who watches live TV anyway? Surely they're hurting themselves not making sure it's specifically an On Demand thing.

Cartoon Network's streaming is honestly really bad, too, as far as reliability goes. At any time one of their shows will be delayed on one service for six days for no apparently reason. The last episode of Samurai Jack didn't show up on Google Play until six days after it aired on TV.

Mr. Mojangles
Dec 15, 2005

Did anyone else catch the reference to the Nickelodeon-pilot when Finn looked at the Snow Golem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzSH1KTVw68#t=32s
"Ice to meet you..."

I remember watching and showing everyone that pilot and freaking the gently caress out when I read that the show was picked up by Cartoon Network.

Mr. Mojangles fucked around with this message at May 11, 2017 around 11:18

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

get beefy bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQHgZDuKtA

Do you spurn my fluids?!

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!

Fun Shoe

I only hear Mr. Meeseeks when listening to Lemongrab now.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN!

That's funny, I only hear Lemongrab when I see Meeseeks

business hammocks
Aug 20, 2006

Total Clam

I only hear Mr Sprinkles any time I hear either of them.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 3, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

Ive really been digging the mini series but i feel like the endings arent as satisfying as the intense buildup. but i understand its a kids show with limited episodes so... thats ok i suppose.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN!

Yeah, the Deus Ex LSP happened so suddenly it really killed my story-based erection in favour of a quick resolution. But I'm not super fussed because it's still a good show at the end of the day.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

"Why is it blue?"
"It's always blue."

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=y...e&v=fpiFLqEKfX0

Weird choice, CN!

The Ayshkerbundy
Mar 22, 2016

it's kinda like how the season 2s of SU and UG were advertised as seasons 2 and 3 while the season 3s were advertised as seasons 4 and 5

Megaspel
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Ive really been digging the mini series but i feel like the endings arent as satisfying as the intense buildup. but i understand its a kids show with limited episodes so... thats ok i suppose.

I feel like it's the journey, not the destination, I didn't really get the sense it was building up? Maybe I'm just managing my expectations but I do like the bulk of the episodes so I reckon that's more important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glam rock hamhock
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations Doctor!!!

You're addicted to being powered up!!

Now get in there!

Grimey Drawer

Very late but I finally got around to watching elements and man that really ruled pretty hard.

Also, whoever changed the thread title: good job!

«300 »