Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
He's just happy to get called back to play a busted-horn demon dude again by someone.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whispers fuckin rules. I do kinda feel like The Lich should be a terrifying enough villain that his plans can't be defeated in one single 10 minute episode but this one was so good so who cares

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Escobarbarian posted:

Whispers fuckin rules. I do kinda feel like The Lich should be a terrifying enough villain that his plans can't be defeated in one single 10 minute episode but this one was so good so who cares

I mean, that's kind of always how it's been (maybe 2 or 3 episodes), the lich just always comes back. Even now there's copies of the lich-hand in every universe except the main one (plus Sweet Pea). He's definitely not gone for good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I just feel like it means more that they're always multi-parters, like it was always a world-shattering event before Crossover. But this really is the tiniest nitpick of all time

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
One of the selections on Finn's mecha-arm was "Cursed Scroll." That's uh, that's not ominous at all.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Shitenshi posted:

One of the selections on Finn's mecha-arm was "Cursed Scroll." That's uh, that's not ominous at all.
I loved how one was "spindown dice," the 10-sided dice with sequentially numbered faces that you can use for life/energy counters in card and tabletop games.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shitenshi posted:

JazzFlight posted:

I loved how one was "spindown dice," the 10-sided dice with sequentially numbered faces that you can use for life/energy counters in card and tabletop games.
Somebody on the writing staff likes their MTG and tabletop RPGs.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

Somebody on the writing staff likes their MTG and tabletop RPGs.

And also Argonian erotica.
In abstract at 4:50 there is a clown in the tree hole watching Finn. Is this a new or old hidden background character?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
"Ketchup" is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the series to date. Goddamn I'm gonna miss this show. From what I've read there are 16 episodes left before it ends

e: also I loved the callback to BMO's own involuntary homicide

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Homura and Sickle posted:

"Ketchup" is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the series to date. Goddamn I'm gonna miss this show. From what I've read there are 16 episodes left before it ends

Three buckets was the last episode produced for Season 8. Season 9 is the last season, and seasons are produced in multiples of 26. So we've actually got 26 episodes left.

(This despite Cartoon Network saying that we're partway through Season 9. That's just marketing bullshit so that they can eke out more money from people who buy the seasons -- they can cut what should be Seasons 8 and 9 into three seasons, thus artificially inflating the price people will pay to get their hands on the show.)

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Open Source Idiom posted:

Three buckets was the last episode produced for Season 8. Season 9 is the last season, and seasons are produced in multiples of 26. So we've actually got 26 episodes left.

(This despite Cartoon Network saying that we're partway through Season 9. That's just marketing bullshit so that they can eke out more money from people who buy the seasons -- they can cut what should be Seasons 8 and 9 into three seasons, thus artificially inflating the price people will pay to get their hands on the show.)

Adam Muto stated that (counting the shorts, which make up the equivalent of 2 11-minute episodes), the series as a whole will be 142 half hours. seasons 1-4 were 13 half hours each (52 half hours total), season 5 was 26 half hours, 6 was 22, 7 was 20, and 8 was 14. that leaves 8 half hours for season 9 (chowder and flapjack also had unusually short final seasons, so there is precedent)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I think Fern's turnaround was pretty laid out! He was constantly angry about things.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I just wish I could buy the seasons. For some reason 7 is out on DVD but not on Bluray.

Basically everything about how Cartoon Network handles home video makes me angry.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They quit doing commentaries and features too, not that they ever really figured out how to do commentaries for 12-minute shows. One of the Adventure Time seasons is just a bunch of the crew watching all the episodes in a row while having a barbecue or something. I think they were also hamstrung by having a big split in the audience between genuine little kids and adult weed smokers.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

That commentary (for season 2) is pretty fun but yeah, a lot of the stuff a grown adult would be interested to hear had to get cut out. Though Pen Ward replaced the gaps in the audio with a bunch of weird music noodling so that's fun, too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

misadventurous posted:

That commentary (for season 2) is pretty fun but yeah, a lot of the stuff a grown adult would be interested to hear had to get cut out. Though Pen Ward replaced the gaps in the audio with a bunch of weird music noodling so that's fun, too.

There's a really funny part where one of the animators mentions including a beloved personal creation in a crowd scene and everyone immediately starts yelling "why would you say that?" at her because saying it's the same character on tape means that Turner owns the character. It turns out to be ok for some IP law-related reason, but it's a fun glimpse into what it must be like to be a free-spirited artist working for a monolithic mega-corporation.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I just got to the Season 8 episode with Treetrunks and her, uh, other family

Jesus Christ I love this show

e: gently caress YES JAMES BAXTER

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Tempted to change my name to "Son of Rap Bear" now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wait they are just gonna show 4 of the last 8 episodes in one night? Am I reading that wrong?

It honestly feels like everyone forgot about this show, including the channel that it's on.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
8 episodes til end of series? Really? gently caress!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
What is the source for there only being eight episodes left?

EDIT: apparently the show had 284 total episodes ordered? So we've got another dozen or so to go.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 3, 2017

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

The show has been slowing down... solving old mysteries, etc... I don't see how it can continue any longer and wrapping it up now would be as good time as any. I just hope it's a good send off.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Wait they are just gonna show 4 of the last 8 episodes in one night? Am I reading that wrong?

It honestly feels like everyone forgot about this show, including the channel that it's on.

Zeruel posted:

8 episodes til end of series? Really? gently caress!

2 of the last 8 half hours (4 of the last 16 11-minute episodes assuming there aren't any half hour specials)

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Finally. New episodes are around the corner. *blows dust off the AT thread*

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

And Hulu finally has season 8 available! I can get caught up just in time to be left behind again.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Madurai posted:

And Hulu finally has season 8 available! I can get caught up just in time to be left behind again.

I think Hulu's season 8 is the same as CN's (mid production season 7 to the Islands miniseries) rather than production season 8 (Two Swords to Three Buckets)

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I think Hulu's season 8 is the same as CN's (mid production season 7 to the Islands miniseries) rather than production season 8 (Two Swords to Three Buckets)

Well, more caught up, anyway.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Pretty good 4 episodes. Hope the series ends on a high note.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i hope these find their way online soon!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Escobarbarian posted:

i hope these find their way online soon!

They're not on the CN app yet?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm not in the US :(

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Huh, so we finally have a mad scientist villain in the mold of David Xanatos. Ain't that some poo poo.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Rudoku posted:

They're not on the CN app yet?

actually they are

Labeled Season 10

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Did anyone else see the Missing Crunchy poster on Treetrunk's House during BMO's
Episode?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Son of Rap Bear is so good hahahaha

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm not in the US :(

They haven't been taken off the site of the largest YouTube competitor, Dailymotion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

galenanorth posted:

They haven't been taken off the site of the largest YouTube competitor, Dailymotion

Oh sick, know what I'm doing tonight.

• Locked thread