Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How do people know how many episodes are left? Are we still going by that “so many half-hours are left” thing that I don’t even know was accurate to begin with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Escobarbarian posted:

How do people know how many episodes are left? Are we still going by that “so many half-hours are left” thing that I don’t even know was accurate to begin with?

Adam Muto, the showrunner, was the one who gave the "142 half hours left (including shorts)" statement (though it's slightly outdated with the Minecraft special that's independent of season 9)

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

8 episodes and the minecraft special after this

Unless this list on wikipedia is totally wrong, it looks four of the eight already aired in September, so that leaves only the four due to run this month, plus the series finale going out sometime next year and the Minecraft episode.

And that's that, unless they ever make that theatrical movie that was announced back in 2015(they won't).

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Maelstache posted:

Unless this list on wikipedia is totally wrong, it looks four of the eight already aired in September, so that leaves only the four due to run this month, plus the series finale going out sometime next year and the Minecraft episode.

And that's that, unless they ever make that theatrical movie that was announced back in 2015(they won't).

notice the TBA for the episode number next to the finale: there's 8 left (including the finale) after this month's episodes

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

notice the TBA for the episode number next to the finale: there's 8 left (including the finale) after this month's episodes

Oh, I didn't realise there were more still to be announced. My bad, I blame sleep deprivation.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
WORD ON THE STREET is that the app has released the episodes!

Also here.
/video/x6bapi9

Double Deux
Oct 30, 2010
Finn's ticker-tape message and his dad's reaction is probably the cutest thing ever.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Zeruel posted:

WORD ON THE STREET is that the app has released the episodes!

Also here.
/video/x6bapi9

Thanks from Peru :D

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Wow I have to say, the ending of Seventeen made me laugh harder than I have in quite a while :D

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
Oh, a reversioning of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight? Nice.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

TheFattestPat posted:

Wow I have to say, the ending of Seventeen made me laugh harder than I have in quite a while :D

The whole set is pretty great and funnier than the show's been for a while.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
If Tree Trunks gave her first wedding ring to the seal guy, then was the ring she had from Mr. Pig? Or am I overthinking an obvious joke where the rhino guy didn't see what was blatantly obvious in front of him?

Nice to see ghosts still beat vampires.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Shitenshi posted:

If Tree Trunks gave her first wedding ring to the seal guy, then was the ring she had from Mr. Pig?

Yes. That is the usual procedure.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I couldn't even remember if Mr. Pig and Tree Trunks ever got formally married. I just remember them making out in the Candy Kingdom all the time and then moving in together.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Sounds like you forgot about Apple Wedding, aka the ep that introduced King of Ooo

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

So the final episode of the show is reported to be called "Come Along With Me" and will run at 44 minutes.

I'm hoping for some GOLB. They seem to be teasing him as a final antagonist or trial that the characters will face.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's the best way to watch the new episodes? I have the Adventure Time app, but I'd rather not watch them on my phone. There doesn't seem to be a way to watch them on my Xbone. I guess the internet is my best bet?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Finally caught up and I am legitimately angry that the show devoted 11 of its final minutes to the worst character on the show.

(It's Tree Trunks, she is the absolute worst)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Finally caught up and I am legitimately angry that the show devoted 11 of its final minutes to the worst character on the show.

(It's Tree Trunks, she is the absolute worst)

Her voice is Pen Ward’s grandmother or something, and I find her delightful when she does commentaries and things.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Family friend actually. A common opinion of the ep appears to be "It was good, but why now, in the final season"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Actually that Tree Trunks episode ruled

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t really dig it. The other three in this recent set were cool though.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Tree Trunks episode was great, and if the show relentlessly focused on Big Deal Plot Things as it approached its end then it wouldn't be doing justice to its eclectic nature.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Tree Trunks owns

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

haha, they straight up had Jake do an Alex Jones rant in the episode with the time ghosts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na4GYyJwYjQ

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Actually that Tree Trunks episode ruled

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I like to imagine all sorts of stupid things that people who don’t like Tree Trunks believe. I bet those people sit on their hats and wear hamburgers on their feet!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bust Rodd posted:

I like to imagine all sorts of stupid things that people who don’t like Tree Trunks believe. I bet those people sit on their hats and wear hamburgers on their feet!

Wearing hamburgers on your feet is pure bliss

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So what happened to the last few episodes? And I also just checked and season 7 was only released on DVD in region 1. Anyone get the bluray that's region 2?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man I think they’ve hosed with the season breaks AGAIN so we’re in season 10 now

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Maybe we can get to a twelfth season before we even see another episode.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/171178730194/blenanas-title-card-designed-by-patrick-mchale

At least one new episode air date confirmed! March 18th.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

IUG posted:

So what happened to the last few episodes? And I also just checked and season 7 was only released on DVD in region 1. Anyone get the bluray that's region 2?

Yeah, they're only releasing Steven Universe in DVD, too.

Nobody knows why.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

The ep and a few others are gonna be released on the app/VoD on March 9th (source)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Nobody knows why.
At this point in time, Cartoon Network gives slightly more of a poo poo about Steven Universe than Adventure Time.

Plus, there's no rhyme or reason to anything Cartoon Network does.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

get that OUT of my face posted:

At this point in time, Cartoon Network gives slightly more of a poo poo about Steven Universe than Adventure Time.

Plus, there's no rhyme or reason to anything Cartoon Network does.

Infinitum posted:

Look at this horseshit

They don't care.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Those titles promise some serious concluding, which knowing this show means that we won't get anything like a proper conclusion out of any of them. I've completely lost track of how many episodes will be left after this, or even what counts as an episode any more. If we're counting, is it by half-hour or 12-minute episode?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

4 regular eps and the minecraft special (which is independent of the final season production wise). Though there's stuff to indicate that the final four eps are actually gonna be just an hour long special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rand Brittain posted:

Nobody knows why.

Perhaps the demand for Blu-Ray makes it pointless?

• Locked thread