Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The show also lost a ton of steam after Martin showed up. We all wanted more Finn story to develop but the Lich is too omnipresent to ever feel like we can beat him and Finn’s dad being a deadbeat agent of chaos was a pretty big wake up call to me that whatever ending I wanted wouldn’t be a happy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah I kind of fell off around the time Finn and Flame Princess broke up (I don't really know seasons, that's just the last major story beat I saw)

I'm kind of curious to binge for the finale, but... god I've missed a loving lot and I'm not even really sure if I'll enjoy doing it that much. :smith:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
While I still enjoyed it, mopey post break up Finn was a low point of the show. He does get over it after hitting bottom though and it all goes up from there, albeit in a way that some might find too limiting. The show likes to evolve it's characters more than it likes to make big changes to the world and I think some people find that aggravating when things on the surface keep going back to the status quo. Because it's a show not under just one person's vision, I think the writers can't really make any big world changes so they settle for smaller, more subtle things (which I think is pretty much confirmed by the song at the end of the Stakes miniseries)

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
But it still changes
Ever so slightly
Daily and nightly
In little ways
When everything stays

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I got the Blurays so I could start catching up and watching the whole thing in order, but this strategy was turned against me.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The show goes downhill but starts swinging up after it's lowest point: Finn sleeping with Lumoy Space Princess.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s the highest concentration of episodes that made me cry.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Maybe a stretch, but has anyone here bought the region B blu-ray of Season 7? I refuse to downgrade to dvd just because CN are cheap fucks :argh:

Yeah, I've been meaning to check into this too. It's not like I might miss a lot of special features or anything. They stopped doing any commentaries on season 5, and season 6 had no special features whatsoever.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Moriatti posted:

The show goes downhill but starts swinging up after it's lowest point: Finn sleeping with Lumoy Space Princess.

...I'm sorry, what?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Post breakup Finn is still better than “LOLLLL SO RANDOM HERES A CRAZY DETAILED RANDOM FACE FOR NO REASON” early seasons Finn

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

...I'm sorry, what?

breezy

"we're going all the way to the DEEP END"

such a weird loving episode

Escobarbarian posted:

Post breakup Finn is still better than “LOLLLL SO RANDOM HERES A CRAZY DETAILED RANDOM FACE FOR NO REASON” early seasons Finn

the punishment for stealing BOOTS is POOTS on NEWTS

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it’s more LSP raping Finn than them consensually sleeping together tbh

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm genuinely not sure if this conversation about Finn and LSP banging is a joke and I want it to be, because that is not a good mental image.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s not a joke. Although of course it’s not actually sex. This is the episode where Finn goes around “smooching” a bunch of princesses.

Jesse Moynihan, dude.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Escobarbarian posted:

How can one man be so wrong

Escobarbarian posted:

it’s more LSP raping Finn than them consensually sleeping together tbh

Can we not rehash this discussion for the nth time?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What discussion is there to have? That’s like exactly that happens. I wasn’t trying to be controversial, I didn’t realise it was possible to view it another way.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its unfair to lsp to declare that she is finns rock bottom

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
lol it would not be the something awful adventure time thread if someone wasn't watching it with RAPE GOGGLES

it was still a weird-rear end scene and it clearly was terribly upsetting to Finn but come on now

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s not a joke. Although of course it’s not actually sex. This is the episode where Finn goes around “smooching” a bunch of princesses.

Jesse Moynihan, dude.

I wish that's all it was, but that scene implied more... D:

It's a dark loving moment but it is supposed to be so w/e, right after that the show starts to get good again so-

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Escobarbarian posted:

Jesse Moynihan, dude.

Ironically that was one of the eps that season that Jesse didn't write his own outline for

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love Breezy fwiw. I love almost every episode in seasons 5-6 aside from Water Park Prank and some of the Seo Kim ones

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
The alien Jake thing has finally be answered and dealt with. I remember when that whole plot thread got introduced and we had some comparisons made to the Alien franchise...

Those were some times.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This series sure loves it's lovely dads. Hell, Jake's real dad ended up being and even shittier more to the point version of Finn's real dad.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Most active the threads been in a year and it’s LSP rape chat... god I miss that dude who would post his 8 page analysis of poo poo with like Jedi themes and made everything about tantric sex

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I want more BMO

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Bust Rodd posted:

The show also lost a ton of steam after Martin showed up. We all wanted more Finn story to develop but the Lich is too omnipresent to ever feel like we can beat him and Finn’s dad being a deadbeat agent of chaos was a pretty big wake up call to me that whatever ending I wanted wouldn’t be a happy one.

I would say with out hesitation that period from Martin showing up until Stakes was the weakest period in the show history.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

side_burned posted:

I would say with out hesitation that period from Martin showing up until Stakes was the weakest period in the show history.

Awwh. I really like a lot of that run. You Forgot Your Floaties loving rules.

On the other hand, I don't remember finding the first season is particularly good overall. There's maybe four episodes that I particularly like. But I've only seen it once.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 24, 2018

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

side_burned posted:

Having just actually finished that block in my binge it was alright.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I feel like I can watch the Martin stuff in a different light knowing the actual backstory there.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Season 6 is certainly the weakest of the Adam Muto seasons (though it still had plenty of good eps and good intentions, and I don't dislike it to the extent many fans do)

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Hot take: Adventure is cool and if you for some reason stopped viewing, the return will be fun.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Escobarbarian posted:

You phrased that in a pretty confusing way tbh

It's only confusing if you assume Blu-Ray has a lot of people wanting it. I work for an entertainment company and I really don't know anyone who even has a blu-ray player. Why bother with one nowadays?

I did sort of enjoy the last 4 episodes but they felt rushed as gently caress. Is that the end for Jake's little origin story? And him getting back so fast too, it was just...really clear that they're ending it all, I guess. And now I've watched Steven Universe it's really bizzare hearing Greg's voice from Jermain.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Taear posted:

It's only confusing if you assume Blu-Ray has a lot of people wanting it. I work for an entertainment company and I really don't know anyone who even has a blu-ray player. Why bother with one nowadays?

Largely because I'm only too well aware that eventually the streaming services I'm using will shut down or change everything and I'll lose access to every digital think I mistakenly pretended to own.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Rand Brittain posted:

Largely because I'm only too well aware that eventually the streaming services I'm using will shut down or change everything and I'll lose access to every digital think I mistakenly pretended to own.

I would say that most purchases of media is more around the lines of "I want to see it" instead of "I want to own it". Yea people re-watch stuff but it vanishing off of your platform of choice isn't enough to make a £20 purchase okay.

I speak from UK experience there though, it might be different in the US. It's based on what I can see from customer patterns in the company I work for.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know many people who have specific blu-ray players but I know a lot of people who buy blu-rays and play them in their consoles.

Although all I really meant originally was that the phrase “the demand” or whatever it was is usually assumed to mean high demand, not low.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Although all I really meant originally was that the phrase “the demand” or whatever it was is usually assumed to mean high demand, not low.

Maybe to you? I get the context of it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well of course you did, you’re the one who made the post :confused:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Well of course you did, you’re the one who made the post :confused:

"I wonder why they don't release it on Blu-Ray"
"Maybe the demand for blu-ray means it's not worth it"

I don't get why you'd assume that means blu-ray is in super high demand.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

turboraton posted:

Hot take: Adventure is cool and if you for some reason stopped viewing, the return will be fun.

This is a fine post.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WemrkvlC2fI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord