Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

cjg posted:

Isn't that the case for all sentient beings?
This observation is especially funny when you look at Geirskogul's avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Steve Yun posted:

I didn't notice before, but that other banana guard has a butthole.
I think that is just an illustration of the center of a banana.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Pendleton Ward thinks Anita Sarkeesian is rad and that is making so many dorks upset. It's great!
Where?
This is the comment that started the Anita discussion. Also I thought she just focused on video games?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Damsel in distress.

ugh, women are not just things that abuse a man's heart, what a terrible way to portray women!

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I don't know why gamers are so hung up on games being art. There's literally a game where you throw toilet paper at an opera singing pile of poo poo
I don't know why photographers are so hung up on photography being art. There's literally a photo of a crucifix in urine.
I don't know why sculpters are so hung up on sculptures being art. There's literally a piece of a urinal on its side.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Acquire Currency! posted:

All this reminds me I had the scene of him and Finn from the first short as my wallpaper for the longest time.
If you want some newer ones:
http://markecurtis.com/etc/adventuretime/

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

In the meantime, enjoy a Gingerbread Candy Kingdom

How it's made:
http://imgur.com/a/2Boht

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Actually, his reason for not going to Choose Goose was that he needed a sword, and the armor Choose Goose sold them was [insert hourglass hand gesture here]. That at least was a pretty (un)subtle nod to the phallic nature of swords.
...or that it just wasn't (literally) fitting armor? Wow this post I'm writing is totally phallic, look it keeps getting longer as I type, much like how one's self worth is often measured in the length of their penis, so should I be measured in the length of this post.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

AshB posted:

I think the people complaining about CB suddenly being smart are ignoring that we haven't been around CB much since he's moved into the Flame Kingdom. He's grown a lot, and it was just off-screen is all. I thought of it as paralleling all of the growth Finn talked about, but CB's got the more genuine results. Everything about CB's growth was organic and came from seeing where life takes him. He was just being a good dude. In contrast, Finn tried to force his growth and his relationship.

The moment CB went from half-baked to full-baked, to me, symbolized CB realizing that he grew as a person with Flame Princess in a totally healthy way, and at the same time, he grew to care for her in a healthy way. The contrast between CB and Finn was great.
I think this is why people don't like this episode. It turned a character that was liked as being dumb and incompetent into smart and capable, and turned (kept) a character that was liked as strong into useless.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I haven't been reading the spoilers, is this episode going to do what the last one did and completely change Ice King into Simon thus ruining any appeal the character had and anyone that doesn't like it is a Philistine?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

My point was people getting all defensive when someone dared have a negative opinion. On with the show!

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Maybe I need to rewatch Too Old, but why did playing the harp have that effect on Lemongrab?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Whose to say that was the next time Lemonhope returned? Maybe he did it more than once.
Maybe the Lemon Erldom building was still there but not in use for a while. We have quite a few of those places.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

woolridden posted:

Given how heavy in general the episode was, seeing Starchy come out of fricking nowhere on a train was probably my favorite part, still. A gif of that would be pretty math.
He didn't "come out of fricking nowhere" everything has a well-thought deep psychological meaning that isn't obvious at face value. Nothing is done at random just for laughs/convenience.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

A bunch of Android/iOS Adventure Time games are now only $0.99
Card Wars Android / iOS
Ski Safari Android / iOS
Jumping Finn Turbo Android / iOS
Fionna Fights Android / iOS
Rock Bandits Android / iOS

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

...you can't have naked vampire girls in children's shows.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

When did this one air? My DVR got "Everything's Jake", "Is That You?", and " Jake The Brick", but not "Dentist". :(

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I thought the way the writers handle her is to use a different gendered pronoun every time they refer to him?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

program666 posted:

oh look betty just got lost in another dimension forever YAWN
but at least she made the ice king slightly more rational than before DOUBLE YAWN!
oh look finn's dad is back and it's risking finn's physical integrity again YAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW* *dislodges jaw*
Yes, the only way to tell a story is for a character to die and never come back.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

7seven7 posted:

...Glob created a Martian super society and (presumably) created the citizens and gave each a name pertaining to their specific role. We saw both Star Man and Evacuation Man. Each had similar features and hats to Magic Man...
Grob Gob Glob Grod is Dr. Wily! :megaman:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

My excitement for animation receiving awards like that sort of died when I found out the judges don't have to actually watch everything in a category before voting, and frequently just vote for whatever they remember their kids talking about the most.

Maybe they figured it was better than the alternative of social media exploding with "You gave it to X?!! Y totally should have won!" :qq:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Just a heads up, my DVR was not setting itself to record any of the new episodes next week, so you might have to manually set it.

What time is it? (Adventure Time!)
My cable shows half hour of Amazing World of Gumball 7-7:30 and two Regular Show episodes 7:30-8.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

axleblaze posted:

That was...I'm not sure how to finish this sentence.
an episode of an animated television program.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

A Final Hole to put My Thing in.

Sooo there are a few pieces of possibly interconnected plot intrigue.
-Jake being an other dimensional changeling
I was going to ask what this had to do with anything but then I got to thinking...
If Jake was only born because he came from the changling, then if the changling didn't thing didn't happen (Farm world Jake not transforming), then shouldn't Jake not exist at all? Maybe Finn's dog is Germaine :psyduck:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Like his doubling back to get to the door and open it a second time wasn't so much the correct answer so much as it was an exploitable bug in the system.

It wasn't the same door though. He tried going to same place and the cave wasn't even there.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Also one of the most important lessons a kid's show can ever teach.

Some people are just jerks.
Wasn't that the lesson from the first Magic Man episode?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

DVD?
That reminds me, it's been almost a full year since the DVD and Blu-ray release of Season 5. Are they going to release Season 6 or are they just going to be digital only à la The Simpsons?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Speaking of things coming back up...

Any news on the rest of the season?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Finally caught up with on demand because the DVR was confused.
I know we're all talking about Islands, but Bronwyn reminded me so much of a girl I had a crush on way back in high school. :gbsmith:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Cavelcade posted:

Also the show is pretty violent and happy to talk about murder, death and gore but suddenly a bit of nudity is Serious Business? Fuckin :laffo:
:911:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

So if Jake is half alien and half dog, was his mom all dog and his dad all alien or are his mom and pops brother and sister? It would explain his lack of wits.
Why did you jump to incest? :confused:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Sure, that happens to Jake, but Sweet Pea stays Sweet Pea :rolleyes:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

My DVR cut off the last few seconds
:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Another thing about the end with Betty, is that she stayed in GOLB because that was the only place the Crown was back into it's wishing form.

Except it wasn't the only place. She could have escaped with Finn and Simon and had more time to possibly make a different wish.

• Locked thread