Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Since the fan crafting seal has been broken, I just finished a Catbug plush today. Eventually he will be carrying a little banner saying "Everything is okay!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Someone's going to do something stupid that ends up with the Lich getting released.

Maja, maybe.

And after a whole bunch of time chilling in the hot tub with the Cosmic Owl and Prismo, he is way mellow. (This is what I like to think has been happening, anyway.)

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Is there more about Abadeer in the Encyclopedia? Or is it just written by him?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I think this was asked recently in the previous thread but is there any place to buy Adventure Time title card prints?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Soonmot posted:

Yes. Adventure Time and Bravest Heroes are just as good as the shows.

Bravest Warriors. But when you google Bravest Heroes, as you do when you're not sure if someone's made a mistake or not, the only thing that comes up is Bravest Warriors, so I guess google knows the intentions.

The Vault has great potential. I really dig the delicate balance of backstory vs fun episodes, Penn Ward et al have really nailed that on the head.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

gmq posted:

From the related videos of that one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axUKv9QVyI

Apparently triangles and circles are evil and promote bullying? :psyduck:

There aren't facepalms big enough for this video and some of the comments on it.

Looking forward to The Vault.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

BEEAARR!! posted:

I never saw him as hyperactive so much as passionate about what he's talking about. I love this channel BECAUSE he's so energetic. :shrug:

I agree. He's enthusiastic about his subject, which leads me to be enthusiastic too, even when he's referencing something I've never heard of.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Which means Rebecca Sugar needs to be a part of it. :colbert:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Have we seen Shoko's skeleton in any of the episodes where they show more of the innards of the house, like BMO noire or the episode where Jake presses the button to call his old criminal squad back together or the one where Jake finds the writer in the wall?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

My kitties unconditionally love belly rubs :colbert:

They have to be raised from kittens to like them.

Great episode. I like the variation between heavier episodes and this. I mostly didn't pay attention to the Jake part.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frederator/bee-and-puppycat-the-series?ref=recently_launched

YAKS: Bee and Puppycat needs $600,000 to become a series.

Halfway through day one and it's 1/8 of the way there

Done and done!

1/6 of the way there now.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Hot Daniel was too perfect to live.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

You don't think all of his stuff burned down along with his bedroom?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

mng posted:

This took me way too long: Hot Daniel - Hot Rod :downs:.

I noticed while watching some reruns last night that Finn also says "Hot Daniel" in Vault of Bones.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Mr. Fowl posted:

Squirrels are going to make that beard disappear like magic.

Then he'll be the Nice Jack-o-Lantern.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

If I could pay in installments, I'd go for the $400 level where I get the Puppycat squishable. But I've pledged what I can.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Pick posted:

The entire episode was good but that candy kitty ohhh my gosh :3:.

Candy kitty might have to join my cute animated cat collection, last summer I made Catbug and Puppycat, and I've been thinking about making Cake but I like candy kitty's design better.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Free Adventure Time Christmas decorations and gift tags and stuff...
http://www.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/blogs/adventure-time-christmas-gift-labels

Since I only started watching in the last year, I'm blanking on who the character in the lower right of this set?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

hoobajoo posted:

Real talk, man, Ursula is such nightmare fuel. I wasn't really over her until I saw Pink Flamingo a few years ago, and now she's hilarious.

But to the point, I think it was good that Disney nightmare fuel like Ursula, Fantasia's brooms, and the Walrus from Alice in Wonderland exist (my personal list). Kids need practice being scared, it's part of growing up and preparing for actually being scared for reals. No telling what each kid will get freaked by, but it's a fundamental part of growing up. As long as they're cartoon scary and not real-world scary, which all of AT's stuff is, then it'll be fine.

The Red Bull from The Last Unicorn freaked me out more than any other animated villain as a kid, I think. I'd post a clip but all the youtube videos are just soundless clips with Evanescence playing over them (way to ruin my childhood, youtube).

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

robot roll call posted:

I just rewatched I Remember You. Wow. I thought Simon and Marcy was depressing but it's not even a contest. The Ice King's inability to remember anything coupled with the song is just so sad.

Definitely. Simon and Marcy is rather uplifting compared to I Remember You. I love, love Rebecca Sugar's version of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYFMa22J7Fs and live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIlXsVs1wm0 @ 2:35

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I will never not love Finn's high pitched scream.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

XboxPants posted:

While watching this episode I found myself worrying that the voice actor might age out of it. :( Let us hope that day never comes.

Just use old recordings of it, maybe?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

MojoKingBee posted:

Yeah, but the thing is Season 4 and 5 are pretty important to see in order too. And who the gently caress knows when those will come out on DVD

The funny thing about AT is that my brother and sister-in-law originally pitched it to me as "you can watch any episode and be okay" and we then proceeded to watch a few. Fionna and Cake was one of the first episodes I saw. Yeah, certain episodes are less confusing when viewed together like Finn the Human/Jake the Dog, but the great thing about this show is the ability to start anywhere.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

There was more there than what I had remembered too. And I too learned what a tesseract was from Carl Sagan!

And I just learned that a tesseract isn't just a thing they made up in A Wrinkle in Time to ... dammit, I'm looking up the plot summary of that book now and I really have no recollection of most of that other than that I identified a lot with Meg...

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Oh my goodness. Going in to the first commercial break, I was thinking "What did I just see?" after Prismo's death.

Prismo :(

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Feenix posted:

I hope I don't sound too nerdy but

You are in the right place my friend.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

Looking back it's not a great episode by any means.

What was Missing is my favorite episode. :colbert:

The aforementioned swipe from happy door lord to beat up door lord, the songs, crazy Jake, BMO being adorable. What's not to like about the episode except that people feel like shippers ruined it for them?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Marceline is the girl who sings "All I Want For Christmas is You" in Love Actually. :psyduck: Now I feel old.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Also, where did the porp come from?

This is where I thought this episode was going to riff off of the Slurm episode and have it be grape flavored toxic ooze (which honestly it still could be), but the direction they went was much better.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Brand recognition!

The commercials thread is currently talking about why Coke has to advertise, and someone brought up this story, which is relevant for this episode.

Barudak posted:

Ever heard of Moxie soda? It was a soda so popular and ad campaign so ubiquitous that its name is an English word for daring and had presidents declaring it their favored drink and was #1 in the US for decades. In the 1930s they decided to heavily reduce advertising assuming everyone would still buy it in order to use those savings to expand their sugar reserves. Sales declined so sharply during that period that they fell behind Coke and Pepsi, by the 1960s it appearing as a background joke in Mad Magazine caused a 10% sales spike and by today you'd be hard pressed to find a bottle of it almost anywhere in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

xxEightxx posted:

Wife and I did an AT thing, thought I'd share since we are those sort of AT nerds.

http://imgur.com/gallery/mVS2P

That mobile is also awesome. Nice work, and congrats. :)

• Locked thread