Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
You are awesome good Goon! Much more detail then what I had gotten today! Should we add an FAQ or lists of discussions that inevitably end in a Derail? Either way awesome job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Steve Yun posted:

Even then, there isn't the malice in Ice King like there is in the Lich, he attempted to erase the world so that he could argue PB into going on a date with him.

Once he realized how far it was going though he still didn't give a crap because of his longing for Pebubs. There may not be malice but he was reckless and uncaring.

And my answer to it feeling out of continuity, think about the isle de seņorita. The episode opened up to him trying to silently kidnap Bubblegum. He still tries to kidnap Princesses even in this late of a season, but it's just not that common thanks to interventions from Marcy and Finn

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Xik posted:

On another note, the title gif in the cool new op doesn't really look that great. If I knew what episode it was from I could probably make a better quality one for you. It's one from like the middle of an episode right?

Pretty sure that the .gif in the OP was ripped from a promotion that Cartoon Network used to run between shows.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The Lich is just so jarring compared to the rest of the bubbly and colorful characters. That's what makes his design so amazing is that he's just so unnatural and out of place.

I hope he returns... :allears:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Hell if Slumber party panic was still followed completely we'd have half the Candy Kingdom in sugary ash piles

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

TwoPair posted:

If you're talking about Lumpy Space, your quote should read:

"But whatever it's, like, sooooo 2013, guys."
You sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ibuWtaf0N8

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like Prubbs might be trying to "Fix" Flame princess in this episode as well. FP was banded down in the Cinnamon bun shot so in a bit of desperation might have asked PB for help...

Can't wait for this episode... been going through withdrawals man... :suspense:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

Like and favorite the Youtube videos.

Don't tell me what to dooOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!

Would love to see this on Cartoon Network next to Adventure time. I feel that they'd go well together, almost as well as AT and Regular show. It'd be better then that Uncle Grandpa stuff that is about to come down the pipe. The previews they have for that look horrible...

That or Cartoon Networks advertising campaigns once again failing horribly and the show might actually be good... :iiam:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Are those camo hidden cameras?! Is she spying on FP alone or the entirety of her kingdom?!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, is one of Finn's past lives the proto-candy goo? That was an interesting bit they threw out there.

At any rate holy crap that episode was awesome! I would love to see more of Shoko, but it's not necessary at all.

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 17, 2013

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Madurai posted:

It wasn't in the vault because it was scary, it was there because it was shameful. He wronged someone in a past life. That's why Finn called up PB and offered restitution.

Pretty sure he was terrified. He admited to that in The Creeps. Just he now had context and could empty the vault a bit

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Something else dawned on me. Could the Lich have been drawn to the Candy Kingdoms buried nuclear river that we saw in this last episode? He was entrapped in that tree sap in the Candy Kingdom before the snail released him, but why would he be there specifically? He's pretty methodical and would need a reason to be there. The whole reason he was entrapped thanks to Billie might have been him saving PB's kingdom when he was trying to get some sweet sweet nuclear goo for a power up

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
How the hell did it get an official license for a "sassy" outfit when they can't even talk about semi adult things on the season commentaries? :psyduck:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

CapCityGoofBall posted:

gently caress it, I'm going as LSP for Halloween.

I'm a skinny Mexican dude so this should be great.

Post pics or video if you do. That'd be awesome if you have the attitude behind it. Also change your ringtone to " HEYYYYYY GURRRRLLLLL!" And have someone call it. :allears:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

Andy Ristaino confirmed (Through Jesse Moynihan) that the tiger in The Vault was in fact Jake's past life.
http://spring.me/skronked/q/506891989434789585

:argh: :MY QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED! Not like you guys are busy with a hit TV show or anything!

:fuckoff:
People like this are the worst. It's like they are entitled to everything when the creators owe them nothing.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Hell Yes I'm good now! Thanks for the birthday gift and the photoshop magic!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Mojangles posted:

Is that a she-peppermint butler, or a Marceline-peppermint?

Could also be the little people offspring. Marcy and Pepps hit it off if memory served.

On today's episode though, Dammit Jake, you're a dumbass. :cripes:

Edit: THE HELL DID WE JUST WATCH!? :gonk:

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 15, 2013

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Edit: ^^^^^ I'm ready to kill GLOSS :argh:

Think we have our next thread title.
Adventure Time: Finn... I'm ready to murder the Ice King...

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
:catstare: Did not expect that to happen... This better not have been the season finale...

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

MojoKingBee posted:

That was a really good episode! And no, its not the finale. We still got at least two more.

The way it cut off it reminded me a bit of the cut between Incendium and Hot to the Touch. I would be lying if I didn't say that it didn't give me a cliffhanger scare.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

TwoPair posted:

Jake's transformations were easily the highlight of that episode and I cracked up at that one probably more than the entire rest of the episode.

"I really like turnin' into cop stuff. I literally can't stop turning into cop stuff."

:kimchi:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Would be nice if there was an actual decent commentary track on the DVD's. Sure I like Penn's Ukalele playing but when I watch a commentary I need to hear more than abrupt shifts from songs to people laughing screaming "Orange Juice!" You could always go the Rifftrax route if you are that worried about kids accessing something they shouldn't. But whatever, I'd still buy it. :homebrew:

Also I know this has been mentioned before in this thread but Bee and Puppycat has entered the last 20 hours of the Kickstarter Campaign. It has blasted past the first goal to fund 6 episodes, But in the last day it could very well hit nine episodes by the end of the campaign.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

I gave a lot of money to it, and I'm grateful it's going to be funded, and I support it wholeheartedly. That said, I think if they'd been a little more aggressive they could have easily reached their final stretch goal. There was a huge bump after the AMA which was the first time it felt like they were really communicating.

They did something I didn't expect. Nintendo actually had Bee and Puppycat and Bravest Warriors available on the Nintendo Video app for the 3DS. Pretty much every week you get 4 short videos to watch and it shuffles them up. Last couple weeks featured Bee and Puppycat and had a direct link to the Kickstarter page. That was a nice score and reminded me that I needed to donate.

EDIT: Natasha Released this image as a thank you for her Backers and Tumblr followers. A glimpse at possible new characters

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 14, 2013

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
To be honest the main reason My wife and I are getting it is so we can play together as Ice King and Marceline.

No we don't have a problem... :colbert:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mokinokaro posted:

Marina Sirtis was Demona, of course
Brent Spiner was the fairy Puck
Michael Dorn was Coldstone
Kate Mulgrew was also in a couple episodes as Titania, the fairy queen

Honestly for some reason the one that blew my mind was Keith David as Goliath. I just never made that association.

Kate Mulgrew was in Voyager and she rocked :colbert:

also when was she on Adventure Time?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
So they are called Goo Monsters... Not much on where they came from but it looks like it has something to do with Candy Biomass because of what happened. :gonk:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Steve Yun posted:

Jeez that banner ad.

Don't forget the one in the top right corner as well. Christ... :psyduck:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kung Food posted:

That one is in a black hole. He would have to fall back on the tree-root sword if he can't find a new one.

When did Finn toss Scarlet into a black hole? I don't remember him ever doing that :psyduck:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Dangerous Person posted:

The Banana Guard siren noise will never stop being funny.

No it won't. It still cracks me up as well :allears:

Also RBG was way to awesome a character (design and character wise) to not be a recurring character and I'm glad it looks like he's going to stick around

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Dolash posted:

You're going to have to turn in your badge and your custom title.

To be fair, the old banana guard that we see in "The Vault" actually are green like banana's ripening... They also seemed somewhat competent. Makes me wonder if when they were getting older she changed them into the Popsicles and something was lost in the process.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

Seeing as how we are still analyzing the crap out of everything, Lincoln's entry in the AT wiki includes this...

So 'The King of Mars' may or may not be a deity. He probably isn't an alien though, just supernatural.
He knows Hunson Abadeer, too.

Well he somehow cheated Death into immortality for at least a Millennium by using just a penny so there is that to his list of accomplishments and resemblance of the divine to others.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Oh come on, post the music at least!
Video redacted Here is the link to the music courtesy of Bongo Bill

The music in that show... :allears: If you are a fan of Adventure Time and shows that Rebecca had a hand in, It's just a gem!

EDIT: Yes you are right Bongo Bill. Let me fix this. I completely forgot about that link. Will add it to mine as well.

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 12, 2013

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Australia's Ratings board is pretty strict if memory serves. Film, Games, and Music all have to be approved by the government and rated before they are released.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Sefiros posted:

I think there are four volumes so far? There are definitely at least three because I have them.

4 is out sometime in January or February.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Sekkira posted:

And Finn or Jake bes an idiot and talks about an actual cake having adventures.

Which turns out to actually exist just to crap even further on Ice King's tormented soul.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Card Wars is the epitome of Trading Card Game bad experiences. Anyone who's played somewhat has seen both the Finn player (Whatever man, It's just a game) and Jake player (WINNING IS EVERYTHING, LOOK AT MY AWESOME UNBEATABLE CARDS!). This episode is definitely in my top 5 not only for the story, but the animation was amazing and well varied!

superjew posted:

You mean the sandbaggers that would coerce people into betting cards on games? Yeah, I also went to middle school with those players.

Don't get me started on these assholes... :rant:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If we hear the Rains of Peebles start playing, get the hell out!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
After weeks of withdrawl, It's going to be so awesome to have Adventure Time and Steven Universe back in my weekly rotation. :yotj:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus... PB is a Bridezilla and she isn't even the bride. :gonk:

And have we seen the King of Ooo before this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

text editor posted:

kingofooo dot COOOMMMM

Already went... sadly it doesn't go anywhere... :sigh:

• Locked thread