Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
If she's immortal, then what was the whole deal with Goliad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
poo poo like this makes me wonder about Pendleton Ward's mental state. Is this man a relative of Fast Eddie?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Now all we need is a Fionna and Cake crossover with South Park so Super Kawaii Prince Kenny-chan can get killed by the Ice Queen for rejecting her advances.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Oh God, please not more of that stupid "romance" that only fanfiction writers noticed, and a lamer character than LSP and Ice King's love child.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
It's a loving cartoon about candy people and a talking dog who is pretty much a Deus ex machina.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Maja is still a lovely character with nothing interesting that makes any of the wizards we've seen in the show tick. It's even worse when it's a female and you have an rear end load of opportunity there. Ice Queen was just a gender swap of Ice King and she doesn't feel like a boring copy. Still not as bad as the Sky Witch episode. The only thing that saved this bitch were Darren's confused reactions and Elly being awesome as usual.

Killing off Root Beer Guy? Oh Glob!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Maybe by defying the destiny of all his incarnations he now exists outside of causality.

:aaaaa:
Oh God, I can see it now.

"AISU KIIIIIIIIIINGU!"

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
KKW: I was sure I was going to light a fire under him.

Yeah, your dad actually goes on adventures living his life while you sit around being rich and doing nothing of value, buy land from underneath him like an underhanded rear end in a top hat, and disappear in the most passive-aggressive way possible when somebody starts talking to you, but no, he has no passion in his life at all.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
This episode was awesome. It's been said that this show has been up its own rear end lately compared to when it started out, but I really couldn't stand the Jake dream episode, so a return to form was what was needed. This one seriously reminded me of something from Regular Show.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 29, 2014

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Talk about a mixed bag. The first two episodes were really good, but these last two have been stinkers. The Orgalorg thing was cool, but way too much faux-artsy stuff and worldbuilding in one episode, only to reiterate to everyone that if you couldn't figure it out after bitchslapping Marceline's dad and loving with the Cosmic Owl, that yes, there's a lot more to Gunther than what he appears. Couldn't we have gotten that as a revelation in this week's finale, which looks like it's going to include Gunther's true nature as part of the plot, the same way Prismo was revealed to be just some guy's dream in the Escape from the Citadel episode without dominating a good ten minutes while wasting potential for better developing the plot arc?

Especially an episode focused on Martin, still a nobody who is just your average AT style rear end in a top hat, on an alien planet we'll probably never see again, or at the very least probably won't be important in the same way that other locations/people are important. Freakin Xergiok had more presence than him in this episode.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Good finale, especially with Finn's flower arm being important again but it did feel kinda...empty. I just can't help but think that last year, Martin was a dude imprisoned in this space jail for being the worst of the worst, he breaks out with even worse scumbags, and they did so little with the character in the end. I'm not expecting Lich or Kim Jong Un-Lemongrab levels of douchiness, but there was some wasted opportunity. I was also expecting Orgalorg in the coat to be Betty and somehow she would go pursuing Orgalorg in the spaceship after he spawned into the sky on his own since being an eldritch abomination like that, dude probably wouldn't even need a spaceship. And we probably won't see her for another year. Shame that even Martin's escapades on some boring random rear end alien planet had more relevance to this plot arc than she did.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Sometimes I wonder who this show's target audience still is. Stakes actually had a coherent plot, goals, and real honest fun adventure even if it did follow the tired and trite theme of going back to the status quo. Then we're going back to pretentious artsy shite like that weird half-hour BMO versus AMO thing (Football was a pretty good episode though) and this. Little kids probably start zoning out halfway and manchildren are just impatient, especially with the competition of a show with actual plot like Steven Universe. Even the episodes leading up to Orgalorg got too rambly for it's own good at points, and the terror of Orgalorg was just an obnoxious douche, nothing compared to real villains like the Lich and the vampires.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So was the green guy the same dude Finn and Jake saw in the coma from fighting the barn?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
The gently caress Cartoon Network? For the beginning of a new season of one of your flagship shows, you sure are hellbent on doing zero advertising so as little people as possible remember it even exists, all the while pimping the poo poo out of garbage like My Knight and Me. I just casually checked Wikipedia to make sure I knew when Season 8 started and have had to play catch up.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 25, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That's weirder than anything related to Lemongrab and his nonsense, and that's saying something.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

readingatwork posted:

If you're referring to the alien episode that just aired then I agree. Also I loved it. The awkwardness of the last scene was amazing.
It's gonna be a strange new world for Mr. Pig.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
When was the last time CN advertised for this show? They'll show commercials for garbage like Ben 10 and whatever else forgettable shovelware that lasts for two weeks tops, but won't even give this thing a chance anymore? The ratings are going down because people have forgotten this show even exists.

On-topic, I wonder if they're ever going to update the standard AT intro. Because Finn has had a machine arm for awhile, and now there's demon Jake.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Regular Show cameo, whooooooaaaaaaaaa!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
One of the selections on Finn's mecha-arm was "Cursed Scroll." That's uh, that's not ominous at all.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Huh, so we finally have a mad scientist villain in the mold of David Xanatos. Ain't that some poo poo.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
If Tree Trunks gave her first wedding ring to the seal guy, then was the ring she had from Mr. Pig? Or am I overthinking an obvious joke where the rhino guy didn't see what was blatantly obvious in front of him?

Nice to see ghosts still beat vampires.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I couldn't even remember if Mr. Pig and Tree Trunks ever got formally married. I just remember them making out in the Candy Kingdom all the time and then moving in together.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Finn: Big red balls.

Ice King: If we want them to touch our goods.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

business hammocks posted:

Given how the show treats its lore, it’s probably not going to be beholden to hints visible in a few scattered episodes. The ruins seen when the show has any content set in the far future fits in with the theory of the sublime the artists used to talk about when the show was new: seeing a bounded portion of something that clearly has more to it than you can see produces sublimity.

The end will probably just throw in some significant changes but keep the story open, as the show has always done.

They're continuing the story in comic form after the finale.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I thought Gumbald would be the last guy to get outsmarted like that.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I just noticed the Golb spawn's corruption of the Gumball Guardian full out turned it into a skeletal abomination. Speaking of that, I guess Sweet Pea's going to save the day. If he can't do it, nobody can.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So was there some off-screen explanation for how Elly got assimilated by Golb?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I've definitely had my issues with this show over the years, but drat if that wasn't a good finale. Did Death at least make a cameo?

I was wondering who voiced Shermy. I thought it was Sadie from Steven Universe, but nope it was Jeff from Clarence.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I was half-expecting Finn to get his lost arm back for good after doing some kind of soul fusion with Fern, but I think I liked the way the show did it better.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

TerminalRaptor posted:

I especially didn't like the "we worked everything out" theme, only for them to immediately zap the King of Ooo because "he doesn't have epiphanies".

I think the idea was that he was such a shady rear end in a top hat that he would have went back on his word as soon as it was convenient. That it was such a part of his nature that no amount of introspection could fix him.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

No.1 Special posted:

It looked like Gumbald was going to douse PB while hugging her, implying that he didn't really learn a lesson in spite of what he experienced.

Yeah I just rewatched the scene and that seems to be exactly it. The beaker broke as soon as Lolly tripped him, and it rolled near his face after he fell. Then Bubblegum shrieked in outrage at his betrayal. It's not like Lolly directly poured the juice all over Gumbald.

Elephanthead posted:

I think you see Sweet Pea walking by BMOs place at the end he is baller.

I just noticed that was supposed to be Sweet Pea. Talk about a growth spurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So in the cutaway after Jake used the sleep bomb, but before it went to their dream, what was that giant skeleton figure supposed to be?

• Locked thread