Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Bongo Bill posted:

We're living in a cartoon golden age right now. Everybody should enjoy it.

We really kind of are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Not openly, there is still a layer that a fusion isn't a romantic relationship. I mean it's very clear it is but if the censors come asking it's still hand wavy enough to say "I never thought of that, what are you talking about" about it being dating.

"Love Letters" explicitly says that Garnet is in, and is, a romantic relationship that excludes the possibility of any further romance for Garnet.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

That was pretty good.

I'm still trying to figure out how The Moon's powers worked, though. It seemed like she had a whole lot more going on than the "self-healing" Marceline described her as having, and that fight wasn't really like fighting a cutting board at all.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Also, the Vampire King's tantrum was amazing.

I also think he referenced most of the Major Arcana that he wasn't already a reference to during his speech.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

thechosenone posted:

like how she managed to unlock a door by saying 'pigs' enough times?

Yeah, exactly.

My best guess is that since Marceline was able to end the fight quickly by staking her a bit and sucking her up before the healing finished, she didn't get to see any of her other powers the first time.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I suspect they made the silver monkey fiddly to grapple with in some way that isn't obvious to people who aren't holding it, too.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It sure is mysterious how this kind of thing only happens with gay couples, and happens all the time with gay couples.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dog Kisser posted:

Yeah, actually, it was super weird and kind unpleasant. What a nasty ending, too.

Well, everybody seemed reasonably happy with the results.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Taear posted:

For a show like this, who watches live TV anyway? Surely they're hurting themselves not making sure it's specifically an On Demand thing.

Cartoon Network's streaming is honestly really bad, too, as far as reliability goes. At any time one of their shows will be delayed on one service for six days for no apparently reason. The last episode of Samurai Jack didn't show up on Google Play until six days after it aired on TV.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I just wish I could buy the seasons. For some reason 7 is out on DVD but not on Bluray.

Basically everything about how Cartoon Network handles home video makes me angry.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Are they still bizarrely refusing to release the latest season on Bluray and just doing DVD?

I have no idea why that's a thing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Ultraklystron posted:

It's all about driving people to their mobile app, on demand and download services.

This would make more sense if those services had logical release decisions either.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

IUG posted:

So what happened to the last few episodes? And I also just checked and season 7 was only released on DVD in region 1. Anyone get the bluray that's region 2?

Yeah, they're only releasing Steven Universe in DVD, too.

Nobody knows why.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Taear posted:

Perhaps the demand for Blu-Ray makes it pointless?

No, I mean, they're releasing it in DVD but not Bluray.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I got the Blurays so I could start catching up and watching the whole thing in order, but this strategy was turned against me.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Taear posted:

It's only confusing if you assume Blu-Ray has a lot of people wanting it. I work for an entertainment company and I really don't know anyone who even has a blu-ray player. Why bother with one nowadays?

Largely because I'm only too well aware that eventually the streaming services I'm using will shut down or change everything and I'll lose access to every digital think I mistakenly pretended to own.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

My predictions for this finale:

- They confirm PB + Marcy to be back together
- That’s it

According to the spoilery review I read they do go explicit about PB and Marceline being, or having been, a couple.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Well, it's been a thousand years. They aren't going to be doing the same things a thousand years later!

I feel like if there's a message to the ending, it's that a thousand years from now you can't and shouldn't expect Ooo to still be in the same place, because stuff is going on.

(There's a temptation to do a bigger Candy Kingdom or something, but isn't that literally just more of the same?)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

JazzFlight posted:

I love how over time Finn went from "ooh, that mean ol' Ice King jerk!" to "hey Simon, what's up?" and Ice King wasn't really a villain anymore, just a benign old coot. The fact that Finn always called him Simon after a certain point was very respectful of him.

I'm pretty sure that even in his first appearance, Finn recognizes that Ice King is unwell and needs help; he just isn't qualified to give it because he's twelve, so he beats him up instead.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I just hope they put out a complete series Bluray. I'm very annoyed that they quit making those.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Militree posted:

Does anyone have a link to a "clean" version of Time Adventure that doesn't have PB yelling "BMO KEEP SINGING" and Lemongrab screaming and all that? Maybe a Rebecca Sugar version if that exists.

Here's the Sugar version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, she transmuted the embodiment of Discord and the setting's equivalent of Satan into something less baneful. That's a huge accomplishment and kind of a shame to undo.

• Locked thread