Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

Fhate posted:

However, the ads have been quite accurate for all of their live action shows. They looked awful, and they were awful. I feel bad for whoever's pet project their live action block was. It failed spectacularly.

I for one do not feel one iota of sympathy or sadness for whoever decided that the CN Real block of shows were a good idea. That so called pet project cost Cartoon Network Lauren Faust, Craig McCracken, and Gendy Tartakovsky. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

I'd like to believe that even if Jake did not punch Magic Man, BMO would still land that sick face grind and just snatch the sandwich from MM mid-grind. Way to ruin BMO's 360 fakie sandwich face grind trick Jake!

masteraero fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 10, 2013

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Always room for a fart joke.
Hey! PB didn't turn into a vampire.

When Marceline drained PB, she mentioned "that was enough low-grade red to get me home at least" which leads me to believe that she just drained the color pink (which, if we're getting technical, is a very light shade of red) from her. Either that or candy people are immune to vampire bites.

JT Jag posted:

Well obviously. You need to drink some of the vampire's blood after being drained to turn.

Depends on the source material. In classic literature, a vampire must drain all or a substantial amount of your life's blood in order for you to actually turn. All that drinking the vampire's blood does is in classic literature is turn you into a thrall and/or a ghoul that is in servitude to the vampire.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 15, 2013

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

superjew posted:

Then what's the spoon?

Morning after pill?

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

^ It's a good time to finally be pulling in a steady income! Pitched in $20.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 17, 2013

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Geokinesis posted:

Didn't the guy who drew this also draw a super sexualised PB in a bikini?

The artist is Ryo Nishiguchi and yeah, he did.
Linked because it could be considered :nws:

Edit: Changed it to a link instead of embedding, just in case.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 17, 2013

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

XboxPants posted:

I hope Finn & Jake take better care of their new truck than they did of their last ride. That poor elephant didn't even last to the next episode.

I'm calling it now. The episode will end with Finn and Jake driving it off a cliff Dukes of Hazard style. Tree Trunks is Boss Hog.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 17, 2013

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

axleblaze posted:

While most Cartoon Network promos are crap, I will stand behind the regular show ads. They usually pick great out of context moments and they were what made me curious enough about the show to watch it.

Yeah, while the rest of the Cartoon Network promos have been flat out terrible, the Regular Show promos are actually pretty great. As a fan of the show itself, I actually love the fact that they only show the initial setup or some mundane moment within each episode. It's great because it tells you nothing about the episode at all, but leaves you asking how Mordecai and Rigby are going to gently caress things up this week. It's a great hook for those that watch the show or are at least curious about it, but I can definitely see how it could turn people off.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Loving the word play: "This is my Yoga Room. Downward Dog!"

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Jake is JT Dawgzone, confirmed

masteraero fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 19, 2013

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

It happened at PB's science barbecue back in season two. Finn created a black hole with some bubble blowing gadget he created. In order to destroy the hole, he used the bubble device to turn his golden sword in to a 4-D sword that was capable of destroying it. He was successfully able to destroy the black hole, but Scarlet was lost when the black hole collapsed in on itself.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Destructoid is giving away five copies of the Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! Collector's Edition for the Nintendo 3DS. If you're interested in the game but were on the fence about buying it, now's a good opportunity to win a free copy.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Internet Webguy posted:

I love this post. "I don't think there are any other objects that were considered beloved and someone having a strong emotional attachment to. Except possibly the one item that they made an entire episode about that specifically revolved around how important to PB that this specific item is and a villain stealing it in order to cast a spell. Maybe."

I think Maja will try to bring back the Lich. Maybe I just believe that because every show could use more Ron Pearlman.

This is probably what is going on with the Maja subplot. If you take a look at the spell Maja is brewing in her cauldron in Sky Witch, it's the exact same color and consistency as the time spell that Simon created in the latest episode. With the reintroduction of the goo zombies and Maja messing with powerful time magic, it's likely that the writers are hinting at The Lich or an equally powerful yet unknown big bad being summoned/resurrected.

Roland Jones posted:

That whole speculation is pointless because the other important quality the item needed, unless I'm remembering incorrectly, is to have actually existed in the time the machine was trying to open a portal to. So, yeah. Debate how important whatever is to whoever, it wouldn't have worked here.

Considering that Marceline is thousands of years old and was alive before The Mushroom War, this gives the writers a wide berth on when/where a time portal can be opened. If the shirt existed before the war, Maja essentially has free reign on the entire known continuity.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 26, 2014

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Nice to know Zappa's music survived 1000 years of turmoil.
Daft Punk, sadly, did not survive.

Apparently working harder, better, faster, and stronger only keeps you going for so long.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

While we're still on the topic of music and Frank Zappa, Amazon is currently running a sale on Apostrophe('). It's part of their $5 digital album sale and is well worth the purchase if you don't already own it.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

The Red Queen posted:

He's just excited that he's found a cave that Marceline hasn't claimed yet.

Are you sure about that? We haven't checked behind those piles of gold yet.

I personally like to believe that Marceline just sneaks in to all the best homes and real estate in Ooo and leaves an "M" there just to mess with people.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

IUG posted:

They're not talking about where Billy keeps his loot. It's the cave he gets his booty from though.

And now my statement is even more disturbing. :aaaaa:

Don't tell Steve Yun

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Looks like Cartoon Network released a new Adventure Time game on Steam with little to no fanfare. It appears to be an advanced port of the Finn and Jake's Epic Quest Unity game that is on Cartoon Network's site.

Steam posted:

About the Game
Team up as Finn and Jake in a 3D adventure of epic proportions! The Land of Ooo has been transformed into a giant video game, and BMO has been kidnapped. Brawl your way through the Witch's garden, Ice Kingdom, Fire Kingdom, and even the Land of the Dead itself to rescue BMO and uncover the evil mastermind!

Key Features:
28 Levels of Mayhem: Slash and bash your way through the Witch's garden, Ice Kingdom, Fire Kingdom, and the Land of the Dead!
Butt Tons of Enemies: Battle four terrifying bosses and loads of nasty enemies from the show, including Hug Wolf and Tree Witch!
Epic Powers: Collect secret spells to unleash algebraic attacks, like NEPTR, Jake’s Puppies, Knife Storm, and many more!
Tag Team Combat: Bust up some bad guys! Level up to unlock new swords for Finn and stretchy attacks for Jake.
Extra Spicy VO: The game features a brand-spanking-new story with original VO from Finn and Jake!
Turbo Rad Graphics: Sparkling hi-res graphics for your eyeballs to enjoy.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Well, at least we can take solace in the fact that friendships in this show transcend time and space due to reincarnation. Maybe Jake and Prismo will be best buds again in another life. :gbsmith:

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Protodude posted:

Pretty weirdly awesome episode, although I'm wondering why they didn't use this as the opening? It even has Jake as a Caterpillar and Finn as a flower so it was obviously made for this episode.

Not really sure why they didn't use it in the live showing, but the episode they uploaded to the CN app shows the guest animated intro instead of the regular one.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Honestly I would not mind them going with a French director the next time they do a guest episode. My dream director would be Sylvain Chomet simply because I love his art style and love his ability to tell a story about the esoteric and the mundane without dialogue but wouldn't mind Marjane Satrapi (Persepolis) or the duo behind A Cat in Paris getting a shot at doing an episode.

Now if they wanted to move towards alternative mediums of animation, such as stop motion or claymation, I would love it if Laika, Aardman, or Adam Elliot had the chance to make an episode.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Wait, didn't a Cartoon Network social media manager get fired for pointing this out awhile back? Granted the person that did it previously did it in the worst way possible but if they're trying to keep this under wraps for international syndication reasons, won't Olivia get in to similar trouble by coming out with this?:ohdear:

masteraero fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 9, 2014

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Weltlich posted:

Did Uncle Grandpa get picked up for another season?

In a just and sane world the answer would be no. Sadly, we do not live in such a world.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

program666 posted:

So Finn is a god now.

I wouldn't say he is a god as he is still a mortal human being. It is just that in a past life he was an immortal symbol of higher knowledge and a higher plane of existence that decided to reincarnate in to a mortal form.

The catalyst comet is described by Finn as a form of change, a way to shake things up. During his turn as the comet, the change was an immortal entity becoming mortal. This time it is the other way around, a mortal ascended to a higher plane of existence by shedding his mortality.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

I hear where your coming from with that, but the entire tail end of this season has been about prophecy and a cyclical cycle that is predestined. Sure a lot of Finn's dumb luck can be contributed to ultimately fulfilling this one task, but not all of it. Finn has always been a well meaning but awkward kid that succeeds by as much skill as just plain dumb luck and I highly doubt that will change now that he has fulfilled part of this prophecy.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Bass Bottles posted:

There was a joint Steven Universe/Adventure Time panel at Comic-Con today and I haven't heard much from it on the AT side, but there's this new clip from an upcoming episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvHFdCt_8AQ

Totally digging Jake and BMO doing the Gumby slide thing in the background for no particular reason (because it's awesome is why).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj1e3UhQIMA

masteraero fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

I had forgotten what exactly made the Finn sword special. This is what happens when lots of time passes between episodes.

It's from the episode where Prismo uses time shenanigans to revive himself after being killed by the Lich. He enlists Finn and Jake to go back in time and create a paradox so that Prismo's new dream host is a time paradox version of Jake that will sleep for eternity. Along the way Finn runs in to a time paradox version of himself that he accidentally poofs. Instead of disappearing forever the paradox version of Finn turns in to a sword.

• Locked thread