Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

The last two days were pretty great because I hadn't seent any of the season 8 episodes of adventure time.

Now I have seen all of them and life is back to waiting for more, but also with the crushing knowledge that the final episode has been recorded.

I really liked Finn's mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Philip Rivers posted:

The end of S6 was a misexecuted mess. You can almost see what Moynihan was going for but it got condensed into like, 3-4 episodes and rushed out. Rumor has it that it was one of the movie plots that got sliced up.

The Orgalorg thing could have maybe worked as a miniseries but eh. Definitely one of the weakest points in the series from a story telling perspective.

I still enjoyed the end of season 6 and thought it was a good way for Martin and Finn to part ways but it definitely was a bit of a mess. I liked all the constituent parts, but the total was less than the sum of its parts.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Escobarbarian posted:

Season 6 is still the best season of AT and a strong contender for best season of any animated show in history but yeah the Orgalorg stuff comes out of freaking nowhere and isn't really well-established enough. Love everything apart from that though.

Did Season 6 have Jake the Brick? Cause goddamn that episode deserved the emmy it got.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Sockser posted:

I've watched all of season 8 and none?? Of season 7 because the Orgalorg stuff really killed 100% of my interest in the show.

That said, I'm digging everything they've done in season 8 and I guess I'm obligated to watch the entire season I skipped.

Season 7 is probably my joint favourite season of the show so far. It felt like they found a really good balance between goofin' and feelin' at the start and kept it going throughout.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Escobarbarian posted:

I love both! But generally (ie not Orgalorg) I find the story stuff more consistently great then the random funny eps. s7 does have some real crappy episodes like President Porpoise, but they barely ever gently caress up big picture-wise imo (I know a lot of people disagree re Finn romance stuff in s5 etc)

Finn Romance stuff is great, though, it's such a normal thing for a 15 year old boy to completely mess up like that. That was some of my favourite poo poo.

Rexides posted:

Same. I never really cared why Finn is the only human or why Jake can stretch. They just are. Episodes that just showed new aspects of the world only to discard them ten minutes later are my favorite.

(That said I did cry watching Simon sign the Cheers theme song)

Good job, you passed the Voigt-Kampff test!

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Escobarbarian posted:

No argument from me, but a lot of people seem to find it pretty insufferable.

15 year olds are insufferable, so...

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I listen to baby-sword-rap on the reg to help me feel good. That parental love.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

TBH this sounds more like we're talking about the Ed, Edd and Eddy pics Rebecca Sugar drew when she was younger which were weird but also just what she's into and didn't hurt anyone so I guess I can't bring myself to feel too strongly about them.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

IUG posted:

I also have a problem with it, you loving weirdos. I'm not asking for her job or anything, but that's something that shouldn't be promoted because it's not intended for the intended audience.

EDIT: It also doesn't matter if there is worse out there. The internet has Goatse and Tubgirl.

I guess it's good that it's not being promoted by the actual show or CN then? :shrug:

Also the show is pretty violent and happy to talk about murder, death and gore but suddenly a bit of nudity is Serious Business? Fuckin :laffo:

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Escobarbarian posted:

I said it was creepy, not that she's a terrible awful human being who has done despicable things. Not sure what made you think I was being so radical, but I guess that explains the backlash.

and the above post trying to psychoanalyse me is weird as poo poo

It was probably misinterpreted because you said you were going to boycott her work because she's a creeper.

Escobarbarian posted:

Just gonna stay away from anything non-AT done by creeper Allegri thanks

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Attestant posted:

One episode I disliked for a similar reason was S6, Princess Day. The one where Marceline and LSP just kind of abuse a person + their stuff for the entire episode, out of boredom I guess?

I didn't find it particularily funny, just mean spirited for no real reason.

Ugh, I keep running there's some episode that's my least favourite and then I'm reminded Princess Day exists and is the worst. It was A Very Special Episode about making Marcelline less cool which is not okay.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

It was really good. I look forward to seeing what's next!

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

The Merkinman posted:

Sure, that happens to Jake, but Sweet Pea stays Sweet Pea :rolleyes:

Actually his second horn regrows as well, so while he's Sweet Pea he's a little less so than before..

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Mimir posted:

-Cosmic space god that took Finn's dad on vacation.

-Still a baby has two horns now, that's prob bad.

-yeah

finn has a grass twin, jake is an alien, finn's mom is the subject of a miniseries, show got good again.

Actually AT was never not good.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Moriatti posted:

Yeah, I like introspective episodes, Jake and Jerome so Abstract was my jam.

How did the berries feel about being made into jam?

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Actually that Tree Trunks episode ruled

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

turboraton posted:

Hot take: Adventure is cool and if you for some reason stopped viewing, the return will be fun.

This is a fine post.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Adventure Time is still great, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Big Taint posted:

The only thing I didn’t like about AT was the scheduling of the last couple seasons, wtf CN.

Awesome finale, can’t wait to rewatch the whole shebang. Looking forward to King BMO spin-off.

This is a fine note.

• Locked thread