Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The "Doctor is just my first name" joke in Do No Harm was hilarious. That was a callback with several seasons of build-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

That was the best Tree Trunks episode. It had me laughing out loud at 3am.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm not in the US :(

They haven't been taken off the site of the largest YouTube competitor, Dailymotion

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I did not notice the guillotine on top of BMO's house until now, or the snow-covered grill. The episode had a lot of funny dialog, especially from BMO in the opening story. I think a lot of the tension during the Golb fight came from the risk of Princess Bubblegum being irreversibly turned into a Golb zombie like the Gumball Guardian, since the other characters like Jake are so durable.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I think the last few episodes with her in it she's doing stuff you are supposed to think of as objectively evil so she gets punished for it. But like, her plot arc is so abbreviated with stuff happening in like 20 seconds of screen time and the fact she's a really likeable character that you are inherently rooting to succeed that her getting punished in the end felt out of no where.

Like she straight up murders maja to summon satan and that is some material a story could write to end with someone sacrificing themselves to seal the demon to make amends for. But like, it happens in 4 seconds and is played as a goof and betty is like the most sympathetic character ever so it feels really mean to punish her. Especially since the show redeemed ice king so well beyond curing him already.

Yeah, most people who lose loved ones wouldn't be willing to kill everyone on the planet to get them back, but Betty would through reckless endangerment. She deserved time in a 31st century mental health facility where she couldn't be a danger to herself or others before that point

• Locked thread