Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Meis posted:

Except people who don't like BMO.

Seriously, Protagorean, what's it like to have no soul?

Yeah, I can see people not liking LSP...but BMO? For reals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Why would she come back anymore than the tree witch or the witch from the garden?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Breetai posted:

adding another nudge and a wink to fan theory.
:tinfoil:

What...that they're (former)BEST FRIENDS?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

I wasn't talking about conquest. Just maybe some innate desire to create more candy or candy people. Subtly.

Isn't that the case for all sentient beings?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

There really has not been enough Tree Trunks this season and that needs to be rectified.

I laughed hard at Jake's response to Finn in the Time Sandwich episode "Tree Trunks?! No, man, don't call Tree Trunks! What's she gonna do, bake an apple pie?!"

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

What's up with people in this thread saying catte? Is that some kind of internet thing?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Who knows how the "original" James came about? Maybe he was like the 10th clone. Maybe she just created him a week ago. Would that change the morality of sacrificing him? Do candy people have souls if they were just created in PB's lab?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

CapCityGoofBall posted:

Yo, what episodes do you recommend to someone that watched Season 1 and didn't really like it.

She saw "Jake Suit" and loved that one.

Does she like Lumpy Space Princess? If so, Gotcha is hilarious.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

MojoKingBee posted:

It has come to my attention that the Latin-American dub of Adventure Time is absolutely atrocious. This isn't exactly a new revelation, but it recently crossed a whole new line with the "Simon & Marcy". Apparently, due to lovely translation, Marceline winds up implying that her and Simon used to date. It seems when she was supposed to say "I love him", the dub used connotation that is linked to romance and dating.

I can't verify this myself, as I don't speak the language, but I've heard this from numerous people living in Latin-America from sites like Tumblr and such. Can anyone here verify this?

Because seriously, how do you gently caress up that bad?

But he's a member of NAMVLA, isn't he?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

ChairMaster posted:

Protecting your kids from being scared at all in their life is a pretty fuckin lovely thing to do.

Do you have kids? Just wondering.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Deer are jerks. Always.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I can't tell if people are sarcastic posting or what.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Mr. Fowl posted:

Vampires have the grossest belly buttons.

That part was not fun to watch while I was eating dinner.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I enjoyed the journey. Sorry some of you didn't like the destination.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Am I going to get yelled at if I believe most of her songs sound pretty much the same?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Ramos posted:

So, uh, Paladinus, why are you in the AT thread then?

After the last couple pages, I wonder what this thread is.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

torgo posted:

The more I read those threads the less I want to watch TV. Today I watched three Ingmar Bergman films and guess what? They are infinitely superior to any TV in terms of writing, direction, plot, anything, really. Do you people go to plays(that aren't musicals), read poems(that are not love sonnets with training wheels)? I'm sure you do. You realise that TV is not that good, right? Deep down you must understand that TV is meant for mindless consumption, and while it's okay to enjoy it for a variety of reasons, it is a bit poo poo due to countless limitations that regular theater/films/literature normally don't have? Please, don't disappoint me.

E: to clarify, it wasn't some epiphany caused by me watching a film after years of exclusively watching TV

But...Twin Peaks?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

The only way I knew about it was from this thread. Thanks, Goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's in it's last session and it's still really good so :shrug:

I'm not sure you can call this show seasonal anymore. I don't even know what the hell is going on with episode frequency.

• Locked thread