Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Jozy is worse than usless, he actually encourages worse performances out of the people around him.

So they should keep him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Reek posted:

jozy scored against another poo poo team and they couldnt do anything about it this time lmao

well they did, they went and scored more and thus won so his goal is meaningless lmao he is poo poo

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

St Evan Echoes posted:

only because of Ali Dia tbf

Ali Dia would have been better if only we had given him more time

RIP George Weah's cousin

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Adulterous Hitler posted:

I'd rather have the Lets Play people stay in Lets Play instead of TRP tbh.

Let's Plays have no place anywhere, they are loving weird.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ravel posted:

Who has been worse than him this season?

Only people who haven't played but I'm struggling to justify that because even on the bench/alienated from the team they are better than him

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Monday Bandele posted:

I don't think stats are very useful in isolation in soccer, but there is something kind of, I don't know, interesting when you look at whoscored's Dispossession and Turnover stats: The HIGHER your Dispossession and Turnovers, the more likely you are to score. Say WHAT? One of those things that make you go "hmmmm." In fact, you could argue that Jozy's relatively LOW disp and turnover rate indicate one of his big problems is being TOO careful on the ball, and therefore not taking the low percentage chances that, when taken enough, get you a goal. But then you would notice he has just about the exact same Disp and TO rate as other S'land strikers and you realize: It the F'ing TEAM!!!! oh, wait. Did I say that out loud? Of course, some players get more overall chances so burning a few with high payoff, low percentage moves is not such a big deal. Here's some average stats courtesy of your friends at whoscored.

Crouch: Total goals: 8 Disp/game 2.4 TO/game 2.7
Benteke: total goals: 10 Disp/game 2.2 To/game 2.6
Suarez: tot goals: 28 Disp/game 2.1 TO/game 2.6
Rodriguez: Total goals: 13 disp/game: 2 TO/game 2.5
Sturridge: Tot goals: 19 Disp/game 1.9 TO/game 2.2
remy: tot goals 13 Disp/game 1.5 TO/game 2.2
Bony: total goals 11 Disp/game 1.7 To/game 2.1
Fletch: total goals 3 disp/game 1.2 TO/game 1.7
Gia: total goals 3 disp/game 1.8 TO/game 1.6
Lukaku tot goals 12 disp/game 1.7 TO/game 1.5
Altidore: Total goals 1 Disp/game 1.3 To/game 1.3
van Wolfs Total Goals 1 Disp/game 0.8 TO/game 1.3
Borini: total goals 3 Disp/game 1.1 TO/game 1
Bent: Total goals: 3 Disp/game 0.5 TO/game 0.7
Scocco: total goals 0 disp/game 0.7 TO/game 0.7

Again, I would not make too much of this, but I would suggest if you are going to float some half-arsed theory based "on your eyes" maybe you should get your eyes checked.

And maybe, just maybe, goals scored has something to do with number of chances...

Mate....that's a huge amount of words to say jozy is poo poo

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
graphs don't do him justice, just crunch the numbers yourself and awughhh *eats a shotgun*

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ninpo posted:

Yeah, a goal weight

You're on a roll, Ninpo. I like it

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
jizb0t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jozy, the shitcunt imposter that he is will fall down 7 times due to no outside influences

• Locked thread