Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Semisponge posted:

Good news everybody! There will now be official trade and LFG chat channels that will be active by default! That nobody will use because they put them in four months too late! Thanks Cryptic!

Yay! More chat channel spam. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well for reaching the level cap, I did it solo, but there is group content now in the end game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMAgCh posted:

I'm not much of a MMO player, honestly, so I could barely care less about end game content. If just reaching the level cap is some fun and viable solo, that's good enough for me.

Hell, I probably wouldn't be looking into this at all if it weren't for the absolute loving dearth of fourth edition D&D video games otherwise. :smith:

The thing is though is that this game is really just D&D in name only, along with a few familiar things that D&D is the most well known for. :( It's fun! But I have a hard time calling it a true D&D game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

So are dungeon bosses still just a long slog with no mechanics other than "MORE ADDS"?

Yep, more or less. Wouldn't expect Cryptic to ever fix this, they almost never do balance changes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don Tacorleone posted:

Didn't they announce a Warlock like a year ago

That still hasn't shown up???

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope we get druid! I would rather have that class next.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cryptic should just make all of the classes really powerful and not try to worry about balance. It's never been something Cryptic has ever been good at anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dilb posted:

That's nothing, PvP lets you use perfect vorpals and rank 10 enchants, which cost something like 20 million AD (i.e. $400) altogether.

Before the leaver penalty was added I would just quit a PvP match if I saw an enemy GWF with a perfect vorpal, and didn't have someone similar on my team. After it was added, I'd just alt-tab out and browse for 8 minutes.

I've been getting PvP matches where I haven't been awarded anything at all even when I stayed the entire time and actually played the match. Is this some sort of super common bug with PvP or what is going on?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does anyone else think a level cap of 60 is completely unjustified for this game? There isn't 60 levels worth of interesting content here, the cap really should be 50.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PFlats posted:

Got some bad news for you about post-60 levels, I said come in!

Ooh I know, i'm leveling an alt. :negative: It was easier the first time I did this when PvP could be substituted, but now that's gimped and you can't really level up off it anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

Are you actually running out of content while leveling? That didn't happen to me on four different characters, I don't really see how that happens. Especially 45+, I maxed out my levels before I finished all the quests.

No no, not running out of content, I just think there's too much and it's not very interesting. I'm level 47 and it's just kinda... okay? I feel like I should be hitting the level cap in 3 levels but instead I have 13 more to go and it just feels totally pointless.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

A big boon of this game is that there is little in the way of bikini plate and that you can make female chars who actually look badass.

My cleric looks really awesome right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh sweet new race! They look real cool too and...

Hammerstein posted:

Edit: Oh drat, it's also 70 bucks.

Hahaha gently caress you Cryptic.

• Locked thread