Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Platypus Farm posted:

I can't help but feel like stuff like this takes what was a light hearted, silly ninja game, and makes it into a game that very pointlessly tries really hard to shock people.

Oh, just like Saint's Row I guess.

edit: haha, that article even comes with "see if we give a gently caress, nerds" edge to it. Jesus.

Goddamn man, lighten up. I feel like you haven't played the original Shadow Warrior or Saint's Row and just want to be a huge downer. The days of people being shocked by violence in video games is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Platypus Farm posted:

Right. I think giant purple dildos in ninja games is stupid as poo poo, and family guy style random humor is tired as gently caress. Therefore I "want to be a huge downer".

I also think the Saint's Row series is a collection of poorly strung together meme jokes and barely passable action with a too-loose-to-work targeting system.

Anyway, for the record, I do not think this is supposed to be some kind of literary masterpiece, and I'm perfectly fine with a game starring a guy called Lo Wang being silly. There's a pretty vast gap in my mind between "mindless violence and doofy one liners" and "Ha ha! Here's a DILDO!"

It's funny you should mention Family Guy because you are literally Buzz Killington. I just find it strange that you feel this way about the game because it's massively appropriate to its original source material, aka the original Shadow Warrior. It's just dick joke after dick joke. I'm not telling you what you should like but it's bizarre that you would criticize this particular dick joke and not one of the other dozens of dick jokes.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

King Vidiot posted:

The silly racist caricature part was the main thing that put people off about the original game, so why is the fact that Lo Wang's just a nerd with a sword fetish in the remake a bad thing? Do we really want to go back to...

Low, low, low youah boat,
gentry down the st-leam!
Ooooh I think my dingy hanging out!

The unfunny racism of the original put a bad taste in most people's mouths. As if someone put pee-pee in their Coke.

I am disappointed that there isn't a "WHOOO WANT-A SOME WANG??" line at some point near the beginning.

• Locked thread