Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Toxx:

For every standing point the Oilers finish above the Flames, I will donate 5bux to a local Edmonton charity (which charity to be determined, but one of (Stollery Children's Hospital/Food Bank/Humane Society/YESS)

If the Flames are ahead of the Oilers in the standings at the end of the year, I will do the same 5$/Standing point donation to a Calgary Based-Charity. I'd ask for suggestions for a good charity here, bue somehow I don't think this will be a problem.

Also I am down for a toxx avatar bet from someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Confirming a bet with Mike_V:

If Nail Yakupov scores more regular season points than Vladimir Tarasenko, Mike_V wears a pro-Yak City avatar until the start of the next season

or vice versa, if Tarasenko scores more points in the regular season than Yakupov I will bear an avatar proclaiming Tarasenko's greatness until the next season kicks off

E: based on each players PPG stat

fits fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 19, 2013

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
ok

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Shoeonhead22 posted:

I'll toxx myself on the under of this:
If Sidney Crosby plays over 72 games (edit: during the regular season) I will change my forum name to whatever flyinglemur or Vigilance chooses.

hmm well since you're being a sport and all I guess I'll do a similar one:

If the Habs win a playoff series this year I'll change my name to whatever Shoeonhead or Pkfuckingsubban chooses and keep that name for the entire next season and playoffs. I can change it after that if I want.

Also if the Flyers beat the Penguins in the season series I'll write a two page essay that goes into why Claude Giroux is the best player in the world. I expect a Flyers fan to man up and do a similar bet except with the Pens and Crosby though :colbert:.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
i have a hard enough time remembering who the gently caress you people are without this name-change toxx bullshit

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Zamboni Jesus posted:

i have a hard enough time remembering who the gently caress you people are without this name-change toxx bullshit

if i do end up getting a name change the pitbull gifs will remind you soon enough

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

fits posted:

Toxx:

For every standing point the Oilers finish above the Flames, I will donate 5bux to a local Edmonton charity (which charity to be determined, but one of (Stollery Children's Hospital/Food Bank/Humane Society/YESS)

If the Flames are ahead of the Oilers in the standings at the end of the year, I will do the same 5$/Standing point donation to a Calgary Based-Charity. I'd ask for suggestions for a good charity here, bue somehow I don't think this will be a problem.

Also I am down for a toxx avatar bet from someone.

In the event it does happen, you could always go with the Red Cross for flood relief, The Drop In Centre, or The Mustard Seed.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Donate to your local high school hockey program so that the kids Feaster drafts will have nice equipment and facilities.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I was suggested to have my donations for my first toxx go to the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America here so that's what I'll do.

sbaldrick posted:

If Roy threatens to fight someone and does you must buy a Red Wings tshirt and wear it, if it happens at the Lidstrom retirement game then it has to be a jersey.

I actually like this. I'll amend it a bit;

If Roy engages anyone at a fight during either Colorado/Detroit game I will wear one of my Red Wings jersey out in Denver during a busy weekend. I already have a home and away so there's a good chance I'll get bitch slapped a few times.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mentholmoose posted:

If the Flyers miss the playoffs I'll get an avatar praising Sidney Crosby and keep it until the start of the 2013-14 season.

My bad, this should say 2014-15 season. I forgot it was 2013 right now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Wayne Gretzky posted:

If the Oilers finish in the playoffs or within five points of a playoff spot I will never post on something awful forums ever again.

I do not like this bet.

If the Bruins do not win their division I will use a Habs-related avatar of HAS's choosing until the beginning of the 2014-15 season. Or any avatar, as long as it's hockey oriented really.

If Tyler Seguin leads the Dallas Stars to a Stanley Cup victory I will get his face tattooed on my rear end.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

canuckanese posted:

If Tyler Seguin leads the Dallas Stars to a Stanley Cup victory I will get his face tattooed on my rear end.

With the text STEERS & QUEERS? Oh please.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DOOMocrat posted:

With the text STEERS & QUEERS? Oh please.

Maybe there will be a little speech bubble and he can be saying "No homo" or whatever it was that people got really pissed about.

Okposolypse
Jan 1, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Clutterbuck scores 25+ and stays on the line fulltime if he rides shotty with JT from the start. I wanna be eligible for a playoff toxx so ill get a nino avatar for the playoffs.

This requires him to start and stay on that line though so its not a great toxx.

Okposolypse fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 19, 2013

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Wayne Gretzky posted:

If the Oilers finish in the playoffs or within five points of a playoff spot I will never post on something awful forums ever again.

Why would you make me choose to cheer against the Oilers.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Vigilance posted:

Also if the Flyers beat the Penguins in the season series I'll write a two page essay that goes into why Claude Giroux is the best player in the world. I expect a Flyers fan to man up and do a similar bet except with the Pens and Crosby though :colbert:.

I had to write a similar Jagr essay gently caress da Flyers :negative: I don't remember who my bet was with now though.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
If the Bruins don't finish first in their division OR if they do and lose in the divisional playoffs, I will post in any NHL-related thread in only haikus (standard 5-7-5 format) from when the regular season ends til day one of the 2014-2015 season.

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE
If Tuukka doesn't have at least 5 shutouts* in the regular reason I will get an avatar that whomever posts the next toxx's choosing** and I'll keep it for
the entire playoffs.

*Unless he is injured and ends up playing 66 % of the season or less.

** The avatar has to be workplace safe.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
really going out on a limb there eh

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE

T-Bone posted:

really going out on a limb there eh

Okay, 7 shutouts.
Now I'm going out on a limb.

E: Besides, with my luck I'll probably end up with a Matt Cooke avatar or something :(

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

^^ yeah, matt cooke pony-tar

TOXX: If the caps finish in the top 3 of their division OR above the Penguins, I'll get a Caps avatar of one of their fan's choosing (probably mcvey) and hold it for as long as they are in the playoffs.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
If anyone can think of anything that might make my toxx better, I will consider adding it to the toxx.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I dunno if this is the place for it but I'm going to do what I did a couple seasons ago and get an avatar of whatever Nashville Predator scores their first regular-season game-winning goal.

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE

Thufir posted:

I dunno if this is the place for it but I'm going to do what I did a couple seasons ago and get an avatar of whatever Nashville Predator scores their first regular-season game-winning goal.

Didn't you end up with some what-the-gently caress's-his-name guy the last time?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Yeah, I got Matt Halsichuk thanks to Rick Nash scoring a late goal.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This toxx is in honour of Ladislav Smid's one year wedding anniversary and the fact that he hopefully will no longer steal cheerios from the unsuspecting roomates of the women of Edmonton that Ladi once made love to.

Should Ladislav Smid fail to set a new career high in points with 16, I will mail a box of cheerios to a fan of each team that was lousy enough to let Ladi score. So should he score 8 points, 8 goons will receive a box of cheerios in the mail.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

FFStudios posted:

If anyone can think of anything that might make my toxx better, I will consider adding it to the toxx.

I'm gonna be honest, posting entirely in haiku sounds awful. Not so much for you, but for us as readers.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

myron cope posted:

I'm gonna be honest, posting entirely in haiku sounds awful. Not so much for you, but for us as readers.

I'm just trying to think of something really humiliating.

e: On the flip side, being vilified by the NHL community here would be a punishment in itself

barnold fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 21, 2013

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

AboveAndBeyond posted:

^^ yeah, matt cooke pony-tar

Incorrect.

MassaShowtime posted:

This toxx is in honour of Ladislav Smid's one year wedding anniversary and the fact that he hopefully will no longer steal cheerios from the unsuspecting roomates of the women of Edmonton that Ladi once made love to.

Should Ladislav Smid fail to set a new career high in points with 16, I will mail a box of cheerios to a fan of each team that was lousy enough to let Ladi score. So should he score 8 points, 8 goons will receive a box of cheerios in the mail.

This is brilliant.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Toxx:

I will buy a shirtzee of whomever finishes with more points this season - Tyler Bozak or Mikhail Grabovski.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3
So I want in on this, but I have no idea what to toxx myself with. Any suggestions? I'm a Sharks fan, but I have a secret place in my heart for the Wings and basically every Russian ever.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

HELLO LADIES posted:

So I want in on this, but I have no idea what to toxx myself with. Any suggestions? I'm a Sharks fan, but I have a secret place in my heart for the Wings and basically every Russian ever.
Something based on Raffi Torres suspensions and/or penalty minutes? If it's over x amount Dustin Brown animated avatar with his gap toothed yokel face, if it's under x an avatar of whoever scores the last goal for the Sharks in regular season or Robocop wearing a Red Wings jersey?

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

Thufir posted:

enjoy your paul gaustad avatar

i'm sorry

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

This is brilliant.

I aim to please as Ladislav once did not. As Ladislav taketh (cereal) I giveth away (cereal).

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Should Phil Kessel fail to thrill the world with his athleticism and score 30 hockey goals, I will get a different avatar than Phil Kessel's beautiful face mug.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Trevor Bird posted:

enjoy your paul gaustad avatar

i'm sorry

Nah, it will be someone who will only be in the lineup sporadically this year and then never scratch the NHL again. So Taylor Beck, probably.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
I'm going to :toxx: that the Panthers make the playoffs. If I lose I'll buy an avatar for the fan of the #8 seed in the eastern conference with the most posts in the final regular season n/v and cheer that team on for the entirety of the playoffs.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

The Collector posted:

I'm going to :toxx: that the Panthers make the playoffs. If I lose I'll buy an avatar for the fan of the #8 seed in the eastern conference with the most posts in the final regular season n/v and cheer that team on for the entirety of the playoffs.

preemptive thank you for the avatar and i hope you enjoy the 2013-14 new york islanders

Number 36
Jul 5, 2007

Keep it up, kid! Gimmie a smoochie smooch!
The Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup and Braden Holtby will be an Olympic goalie.

I will donate X to charity (not sure which one, right now I am thinking Canadian Tire Jumpstart), where:

X = $5 + $5 for every round of the Playoffs the Caps don't play + $10 if Holtby is not on Team Canada (so min 5$, max $35).

I look forward to donating my $5

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Man some lucky charity is making 35 bucks real easy there.

• Locked thread