Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

Twin Cinema posted:

10. Sidney Crosby will play over 75 games, and manage to replicate similar PPG totals as his previous three seasons, so will score at least 115 points.

I'll toxx myself on the under of this:
If Sidney Crosby plays over 72 games (edit: during the regular season) I will change my forum name to whatever flyinglemur or Vigilance chooses.

Separate toxx:
If Toronto makes it further than Montreal in the playoffs I will change my avatar to whatever Twin Cinema or Paulocaust chooses.

Both have to be acceptable by the forum rules, I'm not changing my name to something racist and/or changing my avatar into a penis. I'll keep whatever changes happen until the playoffs of the following season.

Rene Rancourt fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

The Karlsson one is too easy, since he's already a preseason favourite. At least the Spezza one, which also has a high probability of happening, is contingent on him staying healthy, which has been a major issue for him in years past.

I really don't think I will get to change your avatar :(

With Nazem "The Dream" Kadri and all those Stanley Cup rings in the roster, the Leafs could be a serious 2014 cup threat!

Scott Gomez avatar until the day I die

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

UZworm posted:

If neither the Avalanche or Sabres make the playoffs, I will buy an avatar showcasing all of my least favorite hockey teams (with accompanying red text) and will keep it on until the start of the 2014/2015 season, perhaps longer.

If they both make it, I'll probably die of a heart attack so that's a thing.

What are your least favourite teams?

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Eat a fishstick for every point that the Rangers finish above the Isles

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Great toxxes, I love tears

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

VJeff posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahah :v:

I'm really looking forward to you celebrating the skills of Harding, Price, MAF and Varly

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Shoeonhead22 posted:

If Sidney Crosby plays over 72 games (edit: during the regular season) I will change my forum name to whatever flyinglemur or Vigilance chooses.

Separate toxx:
If Toronto makes it further than Montreal in the playoffs I will change my avatar to whatever Twin Cinema or Paulocaust chooses.

Both have to be acceptable by the forum rules, I'm not changing my name to something racist and/or changing my avatar into a penis. I'll keep whatever changes happen until the playoffs of the following season.

Toxx 1: So far I'm failing miserably, all the Pens except Crosby got injured. However,

Toxx 2: Doin good! Toronto is almost out of a spot, which is good because the Habs are going to get swept

Shyfted One posted:

Shoeonhead22 and I have a $20 charity bet for where the Jackets place in the league at the end of the season.

Bottom 3rd (21-30) then Shoeonhead22 wins and I give $20 to whatever charity he wants. 1-20 and I pick a charity for him.

Toxx 3: Doing good on this one too, however it's still pretty tight downstairs

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

e: not even close to the right thread

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Shoeonhead22 posted:

Pretty much lost this one, think of forum names

Shoeonhead22 posted:

Separate toxx:

Toronto might make the playoffs, but they'll probably face the Bruins. Bolts are in a weird rebuild limbo so I feel pretty good about the Habs's chances.

Shyfted One posted:

Shoeonhead22 and I have a $20 charity bet for where the Jackets place in the league at the end of the season.

Bottom 3rd (21-30) then Shoeonhead22 wins and I give $20 to whatever charity he wants. 1-20 and I pick a charity for him.

It was looking good up until the Olympic break! I'm fine with losing this one.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

Can someone explain the new format to me? I thought the Habs would be playing the Leafs, if the season ended today. My understanding is that the two division winners play the wild card teams (so 1v8 and 2v7), and the other two series' are divisional playoffs.

e: I think I misread your post, and you are saying that Toronto will fall back to the WC spot.

Yeah I don't think Toronto will hang onto the current spot, your understanding of the format is correct. Habs vs. Leafs is too intense for me to even think about.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Do we make a second thread for playoff toxxes when it comes around? or do we post them here?

There're a couple of playoff toxxes already in here, so I'd say stick with this thread.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Shoeonhead22 posted:

Lost

Shyfted One posted:

Lost

quote:

Separate toxx:
Hell yeah I'm the greatest hockey psychic

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

We somebody to represent Vanek, dude owns.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Rutkowski posted:

Yes, yes I can. :sigh:

Welcome home, friend

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

If Pittsburgh makes it to the SCF I will get a penguins avatar to match my new penguins forum name

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Personally, I'm waiting a few weeks before donating to my toxx charity, since the whole internet is in a tizzy.

e: actually gently caress it ill pick up a prepaid sometime this week

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Parachute Underwear posted:

No lie, from my phone it looked like a picture of the 9 weed nugs he smoked instead and thought this was the wrong thread for a minute

I've bought weed from a McDonalds in Ottawa, I forget which one it was but theres just a shitload of sketchy people all around it.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

MononcQc posted:

Ginette Reno

It must be this.

Also per toxx Vigilance has to name me

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

UPDATE

Their donation form doesn't support donations from Canada. I used a prepaid which might make it through, but there's still a good chance it'll bounce. Will keep you updated but you might want to think of another charity.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Can you do a Rene Rancourt avatar tox please for the Boston/Montreal series

yeah sure

If Boston beats Montreal in a 2014 playoffs series I will get a Rene Rancourt avatar

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

:siren: Attention Shyfted One :siren:

I can't donate to the CBJFoundation, their donation form doesn't support Canadians (the transaction bounced today). Please pick a different charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Shyfted One posted:

Please don't have a shutout in game 7, Hank.

Sorry, haven't checked the thread in a while. I asked CBJ fans for a charity so I'll have to think of something else. How can you have nationalized healthcare, but worthless money? loving Canada.

How about this http://www.furniturebankcoh.org/donate/

https://twitter.com/kldhockey/status/413027423639203840
Yeesh, Canada's dollar is dogshit

• Locked thread