Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Whole lotta clubs with deep trophy cases ... and Tottenham for some reason

I'm mad but I'm also madder at the super league so I'll let it slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm halfway begging them to gently caress off and go to a league i can ignore but tbis isn't the end of it and it'll spread because fundamentally once team owners get a whiff of the idea that they can set their league up so that they can lose and still make ridiculous money it'll spread

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

The commonality of nearly all those teams is that they’re owned by Americans or crime lords or both.

Was going to ask about Juve but nvm

It sucks and I’ve already read letters by three of the English clubs’ supporters trusts/official fan clubs (the Manchester City one must’ve come out hot because it is very poorly worded). None are for it.

UEFA and FIFA have already started waving big potential penalties around, so lord knows.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'm surprised PSG aren't involved but then again they automatically get in the CL regardless so maybe they don't actually care either way

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
PSG's owners have a lot of Champions League TV rights through beIN Sports, and presumably none of this new league's rights

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i'm surprised PSG aren't involved but then again they automatically get in the CL regardless so maybe they don't actually care either way

Most people believe the three unnamed "founders" left to announce are PSG, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Whole lotta clubs with deep trophy cases ... and Tottenham for some reason

Son Heung-min is HUGE in Korea/Asia. For cash grab purposes, it makes sense.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Most people believe the three unnamed "founders" left to announce are PSG, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

Bayern and Dortmund announced they're not going.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

PSG's owners have a lot of Champions League TV rights through beIN Sports, and presumably none of this new league's rights

This is exactly why PSG aren't involved. As soon as that deal expires it'll be this as they walk in to the Super League HQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K02mgNsCc1c

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Akileese posted:

Bayern and Dortmund announced they're not going.

Moreover, they actually very likely can't join due to the 50+1 rule and it'd be an ugly fight to get any fan shares on board to agree to joining the ESL.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

is there a german equivalent to the paul finebaum show I can call into and insist that bayern ain't played nobody because they didn't play against the superior athletes of the super league

Pawl, Real Madrid is really great. Gonna win the national title. But I think if our boys in the army got together and decided to play football they’d beat ‘em!

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lmao the European Super League didn't even last as long as the Alliance of American Football

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1384563875018952709

lmao just lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The only clubs that haven’t withdrawn are the Spanish ones and Juventus lol

Also Amazon put out a statement that they weren’t going to broadcast any of the games earlier today and that there was no deal in place. Just an absolute disaster from start to (soon to be) end. You love to see it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Also Amazon put out a statement that they weren’t going to broadcast any of the games earlier today and that there was no deal in place. Just an absolute disaster from start to (soon to be) end. You love to see it.
To be fair, really loving funny for the ESL group to think they were going to get a deal with a broadcaster that already has a Champions League deal.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i choose to believe the narrative that this is Atalanta's fault for making the CL once causing the Juventus guy to get so mad irl that he tried to kill football

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I can’t wait to see the blowback from some of the socios, especially Barcelona’s. Yikes. But if that leaves Madrid and Juve holding the bag, then we can keep laughing.

Still beyond frustrated Arsenal were part of this.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

I mean just imagine having a worse plan than "You know how you just finished watching the Super Bowl? Well now you can watch Christian Hackenberg".

and yeah Atalanta making the CL and beating Juve in the league this year absolutely played a part in this lol.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i choose to believe the narrative that this is Atalanta's fault for making the CL once causing the Juventus guy to get so mad irl that he tried to kill football

:hmmyes:

harperdc posted:

I can’t wait to see the blowback from some of the socios, especially Barcelona’s. Yikes. But if that leaves Madrid and Juve holding the bag, then we can keep laughing.

Still beyond frustrated Arsenal were part of this.

Before tonight Barcelona tried to dump the responsibility for deciding in to the socios and I would’ve loved to see the absolute landslide of votes against.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Your_Pal_Billy/status/1385004735770550272

lmao

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Quoting this so I can find it again.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RulingSports/status/1385634517419905032

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Marvel... Marvel... this is a new outfit in the entertainment industry I gather? Might just have to tune in to learn what all the fuss is about.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I would like a name change to Unparalleled Content Offerings

https://twitter.com/RulingSports/status/1385636018037035012?s=09

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Now I want to see TNT do a DC-themed NBA game. Actually, no, because this whole concept is stupid.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The SituAsian posted:

That sounds like something a Cenobite would tell you.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Now I want to see TNT do a DC-themed NBA game. Actually, no, because this whole concept is stupid.
I'd rather TNT do a studio broadcast from a gentleman's club in Atlanta.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

I'd rather TNT do a studio broadcast from a gentleman's club in Atlanta.

The Athletic sending Chris Kirschner to Magic City to confirm Lou Williams' story is one of the best pieces they've done in a while

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The SituAsian posted:

Is she just the female Darren Rovell? I'm getting real Rovell-vibes off of this.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Pvt. Public posted:

Is she just the female Darren Rovell? I'm getting real Rovell-vibes off of this.
https://twitter.com/RulingSports/status/1385338786247106561
She's like a younger, hungrier Rovell, you can tell she's really in it for the love of the brands

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

What if that's Darren Rovell's alt?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Sharon Rovell

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Actually I forgot that Darren created a Twitter account for his child before she was born so he'd probably just use that as an alt.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MourningView posted:

Sharon Rovell

:hmmyes:

I think it wound up okay but this Marvel game makes me think of the Nickelodeon alternate broadcast from the NFL playoffs this season.

also a reminder that Marvel Stadium is a thing that exists in Australia of all places.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm expecting this to happen again:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hockles posted:

I'm expecting this to happen again:

If they make a fastball take out War Machine a la Randy Johnson’s pigeon I’ll gladly re-up my Disney+ membership

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Just because it's the kind of thing I might wonder about but how does Darrell look through one of those bimboification filters?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Just because it's the kind of thing I might wonder about but how does Darrell look through one of those bimboification filters?

exactly the same

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://defector.com/wow-i-cant-wait-to-watch-a-broadcast-crossover-event-between-the-nba-and-this-beloved-action-film-franchise/

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hockey Night in Canada just reported that Fox Sports has become the front-runner for the NHL's secondary package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Hockey Night in Canada just reported that Fox Sports has become the front-runner for the NHL's secondary package.
I actually liked the glowy puck and when it fire trailed a wrister over 100 mph.