Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Are they getting more than the SEC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1588251151958302722

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Are they getting more than the SEC?

Lol

Lmao

Nnnnnnope!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m freaked out by anyone whose head and neck are the same width

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JayShams/status/1589628495659167745

https://twitter.com/JayShams/status/1589630361230680065

lmao get hosed Dave

E: Massachusetts has an anti-SLAPP law as well so Dave may very well be on the hook for Insider's legal fees and maybe other damages

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

:hmmyes:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rj_writes/status/1590468554075172864?s=46&t=31uCcoF3M0HIXduCEC7QGw

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

remember when cnn had a nightly sports show

https://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/status/1590511507238182914?s=46&t=3oO99ysroWuzbQmW3O3YSg

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I remember CNNSI.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It was great. It was tough to get NBA highlights back in the day.

I also remember when he pissed everyone off by voting Iverson over Shaq that one year costing Shaq unanimous MVP.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/PKSubban1/status/1590711232386170881

PK Subban has officially joined ESPN where you will... pretty much never see him because 95% of the hockey programming is dumped onto ESPN+

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Midweek football is just never a thing that is going to be good.

Okay this sucks. By all accounts I've ever read about him he was a pretty great person to work with.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Crazy Ted posted:

Midweek football is just never a thing that is going to be good.

So the message CUSA schools are sending to their students is "gently caress Thursday"?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sexual Lorax posted:

So the message CUSA schools are sending to their students is "gently caress Thursday"?
Doing this for an entire month could work out okay, but I'm just jaded from all the past awful midweek football with the drop in quality and increase in injuries associated with it.

It's interesting as a multi-week experiment and it will no doubt pull in die-hard football watchers, but I'm still skeptical.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
as a MAC graduate: midweek football is dumb and bad

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

mactheknife posted:

Even if the conference is doing it for a whole month, there's still the issue of playing the traditional schedule during September and then completely flipping it in the middle of the season in order to play 4-5 games in the middle of the week.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

mactheknife posted:

Yeah football during classes is kind of a nightmare for everyone but the TV providers.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Rick posted:

Yeah football during classes is kind of a nightmare for everyone but the TV providers.

The providers might like it but I can assure you the majority of rank and file employees who have to work these games hate it. I hate working a stupid loving pac-12 game on Thursday at 5pm.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Midweek football TV deals are basically the only way the MAC and now CUSA programs get money aside from taking the 2-3 paycheck games to get murdered by a top 25 team. Very few programs have full stadiums for Saturday games and those games get shown either on networks you've never heard of, or left to local crews on ESPN+ using dirt cheap cameras almost as old as some of the players, and questionable production equipment to bring broadcasts that only get watched by some alumni of the schools and and parents of the players who aren't in town. That's not to knock on those local crews, they're busting their humps while using cable access levels of equipment with ESPN stickers on them. It's just how life is in the G5. I'd be willing to bet the Sun Belt's headed to something similar soon enough. Every one of those schools and conferences basically has to figure out if they want a chance of a 75% full stadium that nobody's going to see a broadcast of, or a largely empty stadium that would get a national television audience.

Speaking of ESPN, their next 30 for 30 to debut is called "Jeanette Lee vs." and should be absolutely worth a watch.

quote:

She was like nothing else her sport had seen. A vision of confidence, even swagger, as she stalked the billiards table. Dressed, always, in her signature color, with a two-fingered glove on her bridge hand and a stony, icy glaze that never seemed to change. The 30 for 30 film returns with Lee to her origins, Brooklyn, New York, where as the young child of Korean immigrants, she suffered from scoliosis, a painful spinal condition that required surgery. Lee rebelled as a teenager, and fell in love with billiards one night when she walked into a pool hall in Manhattan. Within a few years, she was playing tournaments and headed towards the professional circuit. Soon, women’s billiards was a mainstay on the fledgling ESPN2 network, and Lee’s unapologetic approach to self-promotion made her a television star.

Even as Lee became one of the top-ranked pool players in the world, her back issues never entirely went away. Then in 2021 came something more frightening: a diagnosis of ovarian cancer. As the film illustrates through extensive access to her life today, it’s a struggle she continues to fight, now as a single mom with the support of her children and extended family. It’s a poignant coda to a story about a woman who’s been battling her whole life and who remains one of the more distinctive stars to ever emerge on the sports landscape.

Premiers December 13th at 8PM Eastern and will go up on ESPN+ as well.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

soggybagel posted:

The providers might like it but I can assure you the majority of rank and file employees who have to work these games hate it. I hate working a stupid loving pac-12 game on Thursday at 5pm.

Man I bet. This seems like the absolute worst.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DJExile posted:

Midweek football TV deals are basically the only way the MAC and now CUSA programs get money aside from taking the 2-3 paycheck games to get murdered by a top 25 team. Very few programs have full stadiums for Saturday games and those games get shown either on networks you've never heard of, or left to local crews on ESPN+ using dirt cheap cameras almost as old as some of the players, and questionable production equipment to bring broadcasts that only get watched by some alumni of the schools and and parents of the players who aren't in town. That's not to knock on those local crews, they're busting their humps while using cable access levels of equipment with ESPN stickers on them. It's just how life is in the G5. I'd be willing to bet the Sun Belt's headed to something similar soon enough. Every one of those schools and conferences basically has to figure out if they want a chance of a 75% full stadium that nobody's going to see a broadcast of, or a largely empty stadium that would get a national television audience.

Speaking of ESPN, their next 30 for 30 to debut is called "Jeanette Lee vs." and should be absolutely worth a watch.

Premiers December 13th at 8PM Eastern and will go up on ESPN+ as well.
What's awesome about Jeanette Lee recently is that she managed to beat Stage IV Ovarian Cancer into remission.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

What's awesome about Jeanette Lee recently is that she managed to beat Stage IV Ovarian Cancer into remission.

holy poo poo!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DJExile posted:

holy poo poo!
She ain't called the Black Widow for nothin :hellyeah:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1591884721977720833?s=46&t=kDY8NRB43QoYS-eq2Vnmkg

Uhh

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

:stare:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I believe they call it Toobin

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Crazy Ted posted:

Hell yes!

Hell no!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jesus, Tim

https://twitter.com/chuckgoldberg/status/1592373155154497536?s=46&t=CFrY6kgzAgsUFY04tYzXhw

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
how often do the real lovely games on ESPN networks not get national announcers? the mizzou v MVSU game has the arena feed with the mizzou radio announcers

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Speaking of ESPN, Chapek is out at Disney. Bob Iger is coming back for at least two more years.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao

Iger dipped out for the Pandemic years, and is now coming back

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lmao chapek always seemed like a huge turd. get all the MBA brain bores out of hollywood

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dexo posted:

lmao

Iger dipped out for the Pandemic years, and is now coming back

Pat Riley leadership style.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Don't compare Spolstra to Chapek please

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Don't compare Spolstra to Chapek please

He didn't come back in for Spo, that's a Van Gundy comparison.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Mike_V posted:

how often do the real lovely games on ESPN networks not get national announcers? the mizzou v MVSU game has the arena feed with the mizzou radio announcers

They sent ESPN out to Montana for the Cat-Griz game this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/foxsportspr/status/1596637087486251009?s=46&t=Gbg3vjjcORVZIWVI8E23jw