Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EvanTH posted:

Attraction to post-pubescent women isn’t pedophilia, even if they are underage.

Uhh you really want to go that route?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

are we really going to go back to the "it's not pedophilia, it's ephebowhateveria" thing

he wants to gently caress an underage girl.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
she has an old soul

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

EvanTH posted:

Attraction to post-pubescent women isn't pedophilia, even if they are underage. Probably better to get on them for the boorish poo poo they actually did?

:yikes:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Uhh you really want to go that route?

Probably? What they were doin' was predatory and creepy, but it's not loving children.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And I'm going to put the axe on this right now.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
EvanTH is right though? It's creepy and inappropriate but like using the correct language is important and the dude isn't an actual pedophile.

Plus focusing on the age thing seems to be missing a broader point which is that even if Chloe Kim was 18 it would still be gross to view her accomplishments through the lens of 'I want to gently caress her'

Adun fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 15, 2018

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

EvanTH posted:

Attraction to post-pubescent women isn't pedophilia, even if they are underage. Probably better to get on them for the boorish poo poo they actually did?

oh no.

Adun posted:

EvanTH is right though? It's creepy and illegal and inappropriate but like using the correct language is important and the dude isn't an actual pedophile.

oh no.

hey, fools, this is not the hill you want to die on. this is the equivalent of folks who defended roy moore saying "well, actually...." stop.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 15, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EvanTH posted:

Probably? What they were doin' was predatory and creepy, but it's not loving children.

It’s like how you’re not actually retarded, but for the purposes of this discussion on a comedy message board, you are.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

joshtothemaxx posted:

oh no.

oh no.

hey, fools, this is not the hill you want to die on. this is the equivalent of folks who defended roy moore saying "well, actually...." stop.

lol no one is dying on a hill

I mean I would hope everyone would have as negative of a reaction to this douche's comments if Chloe Kim was 18

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The worst part is he apologizes on Twitter to her and tags her on it. Odds are she's never heard about these guys and now sees her feed and it's some guy apologizing for saying he wanted to beat off to her.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace posted:

And I'm going to put the axe on this right now.

:thunk:

Let's agree that it's creepy as gently caress, Barstool is a giant pile of poo poo, and move the gently caress on. Any more splitting of hairs is going to result in enforced timeouts.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Edit: posted same time as last post.

Basically what do I know I'm just a humble retard

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Anyways, to change it up, lots of non-sport outlets are starting to realize that NBC was pretty scummy in putting Mike Tirico and Shaun White together and then not addressing their respective #metoo moments.

https://thinkprogress.org/shaun-white-mike-tirico-metoo-bd05b12ef29a/

https://slate.com/culture/2018/02/nbc-silent-on-shaun-white-sexual-harassment-allegations.html

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

joshtothemaxx posted:

Anyways, to change it up, lots of non-sport outlets are starting to realize that NBC was pretty scummy in putting Mike Tirico and Shaun White together and then not addressing their respective #metoo moments.

https://thinkprogress.org/shaun-white-mike-tirico-metoo-bd05b12ef29a/

https://slate.com/culture/2018/02/nbc-silent-on-shaun-white-sexual-harassment-allegations.html

of course they're not gonna bring it up, they paid a lot of money for rights, they have a set narrative and god forbid they pivot away from it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/BillWalton/status/964238023746465792

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
owns

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Bill Walton is such a loving treasure

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DirecTV is raising prices on NFL Sunday Ticket

quote:

Since 2016, the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket has increased by 14 percent, despite lower ratings for the NFL during that period.

The basic package does not include the Red Zone Channel nor the Fantasy Zone Channel, which come at a higher cost. To get those channels, you have to subscribe Sunday Ticket Max, which totaled a whopping $377.94 last season. For 2018, Sunday Ticket Max will increase by $18.00 to $395.95.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

So, $400 to watch "all" 256 games. And that doesn't even count the cost of DirecTV on top of that.

Meanwhile, $116 to watch "all" 2,430 Major League Baseball games. No additional costs required.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I find it hilarious how ahead of the curve MLB is on streaming. Like, a sport known for being mired in the past is the first one with the streaming service. Also, they do the streaming for the NHL.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

iospace posted:

I find it hilarious how ahead of the curve MLB is on streaming. Like, a sport known for being mired in the past is the first one with the streaming service. Also, they do the streaming for the NHL.

Technically not anymore. MLB Advanced Media spun off all of its non-baseball streaming to a separate company called BAMTech. This company was majority owned by MLBAM with minority stakeholders NHL and Disney. Disney then purchased enough shares to now own 75%, with MLBAM owning 15% and the NHL owning 9%.

For Disney, this brought ESPN streaming in-house, with a standalone ESPN streaming service coming soon. And it will be the basis for the Disney streaming service that's coming next year and will stream all Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel movies and TV shows.

BAMTech is a dumb name.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I wonder how many people see this as obsolete because of Redzone.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cash Monet posted:

I wonder how many people see this as obsolete because of Redzone.

And streams.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Isn't Sunday Ticket just their bargaining chip with subscribers? Like they'll give it to you for free if you sign a 2-year contract?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

and the fact that it's only offered through one provider

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

and the fact that it's only offered through one provider

Which worked in a day and age where it seemed like everyone had some form of cable or satellite. If you’re gonna pay anyways, why not pay DirecTV? But nowadays, it makes absolutely no sense. I don’t want cable or satellite but I have to sign up for it AND pay $400 just to watch your increasingly lovely product? Nah, I’ll just not watch.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 19, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mahoning posted:

BAMTech is a dumb name.

Sounds like a place where you'd learn how to weld in Mobile.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jksports/status/966315403780743168

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I’ll never forget “Michigan State is pulling a Plaxico—they can’t stop shooting themselves in the foot!” followed by an awkward silence

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pfs6LNk7Po

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’ll never forget “Michigan State is pulling a Plaxico—they can’t stop shooting themselves in the foot!” followed by an awkward silence

oh my god that was world class

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DJExile posted:

oh my god that was world class
Right up there with "This one's for all the Tostitos".

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

wasn't Patrick also "What's Britney doing with her life?" before Stafford and UGA beat Bama or was that someone else

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

of course they're not gonna bring it up, they paid a lot of money for rights, they have a set narrative and god forbid they pivot away from it

To to the point where NBC is literally broadcasting training runs in prime time. Because god forbid that anyone would be interested in anything other than the U.S. women's team.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Troy Queef posted:

wasn't Patrick also "What's Britney doing with her life?" before Stafford and UGA beat Bama or was that someone else

Three posts above ya.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Okay, this made me giggle a little bit

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

EvanTH posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Can I get an explanation on the week long probation for posting something correct?

Did you guys just pretend I was saying something I wasn't saying, or is it wrong to defend Boston sportscasters, even from entirely made up poo poo?

Obviously legality and morality aren't 1:1, but this is something where they seem to line up pretty close and I don't understand the excessive reaction

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EvanTH posted:

Can I get an explanation on the week long probation for posting something correct?

Did you guys just pretend I was saying something I wasn't saying, or is it wrong to defend Boston sportscasters, even from entirely made up poo poo?

Obviously legality and morality aren't 1:1, but this is something where they seem to line up pretty close and I don't understand the excessive reaction

:wtc:

Man this isn't the hill to die on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

EvanTH posted:

Oh poo poo, the absolute dang unit over here is going to double down instead of learning!!