Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Edward Mass posted:

DAZN announced Adnan Virk's co-host for their MLB show, and it's the Semitic Sajac, the Trap Trebeck, the Woke Wollery, Scott "host of HQ Trivia and non-sports entity" Rogowsky.

Cool, Scott rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Henchman of Santa posted:

I just can’t get over it being pronounced “Da zone,” especially because my brain automatically fills the middle with “mothafuckin share”

I always read it as da azn, like early 00s edgy typing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MarkkanenLauri/status/1112725370703413248?s=20

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/AroundtheHorn/status/1112830747923111936

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/status/1112593853247295488

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dedication to the craft right there.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I thought Bomani swore off dunking in games after that one time in Atlanta...

https://twitter.com/PabloTorre/status/1112813498684399616

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that backaftathis is a fuckin' great follow, lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

does Bomani have Marfan's?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

does Bomani have Marfan's?

If he does I don't think he's ever mentioned it. He does have that kinda lanky build that's associated with it though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

If he does I don't think he's ever mentioned it. He does have that kinda lanky build that's associated with it though.

It's the hands that make me think he probably does.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyera/status/1113158051094302722

lmao some guest on one of the barstool shithead's podcasts got beautifully owned by Phil Mickelson

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Mike North is such human trash. Does he still work?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyera/status/1113158051094302722

lmao some guest on one of the barstool shithead's podcasts got beautifully owned by Phil Mickelson

If I got $100 for yelling at someone I would not consider that an own.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

That's how SAS keeps working.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Yeah and he didn't even have to earn it like that heckler at the Ryder Cup a couple of years ago.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

How do we know Phil got that from a prize check and not through insider trades.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

That's how SAS keeps working.

speaking of, AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
https://twitter.com/nypostsports/status/1113494777088086021

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Tbf he probably deserves it for how much he is on the network.

They have that dude working p much everything and everywhere.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Good for him but they should just give the LeBatard people his salary instead. The network really needs to move on from the hot take stuff

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Good for him but they should just give the LeBatard people his salary instead. The network really needs to move on from the hot take stuff

I don't disagree but it won't happen as long as it gets them eyeballs, attention and money.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Preposterous

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's the most reliable thing 24x7 cable (sports) news has going for it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Also basically their entire afternoon schedule is LeBatard regulars at this point aside from PTI

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I applaud him for getting paid and making a living off of doing what he does.

That being said? I really despise the entire concept of what he does and the shows that came of age following it.

I think sans LeBetard or Kornheiser there's not many people I personally enjoy on those sorts of shows. (perhaps Tim Colishaw or Woody Paige...but that's really cutting close).

I'm starting to think cable tv is sort of dead at this point. A lot of the old standards I used to flip on for things like Sports, Documentary, Weather are now just channels that air reality shows and sitcoms no one ever watched.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Cable is not far off from being cheaper than the dozen streaming services everyone pays for, it's gonna make a comeback

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Cable is not far off from being cheaper than the dozen streaming services everyone pays for, it's gonna make a comeback

ayuuuuup

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Stephen A Smith is closer to a real reporter than Woj is.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

This doesn't even make sense. People are gonna switch back to cable so they can pay for a bunch of channels they don't watch, and still not be able to watch any of the original programming on Netflix, Amazon, CBS All Access, Hulu, etc?

People have rightfully been complaining lately about the rising costs of streaming services, but it always seems to be followed with some sort of favorable view of cable comparatively. Which.....no. I think people have just gone without cable long enough that they forget how bad it is.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
You can’t watch all the sports without cable. Fact.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

MourningView posted:

Also basically their entire afternoon schedule is LeBatard regulars at this point aside from PTI

and lebatard probably first got known outside of south florida from being a regular pti fill in

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I know some people anecotally that have moved back to cable but it's a small number of people and the trend to go the other way still seems to be the dominant one.

I'm still on cable because I have a spreadsheet of everything I watch a lot and cable is a bit cheaper than streaming services. Although I don't expect that to stay the same because instead of cable responding to the increase cost of streaming by lowering the price, they continue to creep up the price literally every year.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Mahoning posted:

This doesn't even make sense. People are gonna switch back to cable so they can pay for a bunch of channels they don't watch, and still not be able to watch any of the original programming on Netflix, Amazon, CBS All Access, Hulu, etc?

Guess what cable companies are including for free to entice people to sign up

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

back to stephen a

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1113895271891648515

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Mahoning posted:

Which.....no. I think people have just gone without cable long enough that they forget how bad it is.

Basic rundown of what is currently being played on cable tv tonight at 8 PM EST/7 PM CST

Former Music Channels?
MTV: Catfish, the TV show
BET: A showing of the movie "Baby Boy"
CMT: Last Man Standing
VH1: RuPaul's Drag Race (Before anyone flips? I have zero problem with the existence of this show. I have friends that like it. It's not my thing though.)
MTV Classic: Rock Block
MTV2: The Wayans Bros.
FUSE: The Parkers

Former Documentary Channels
History Channel: Swamp People
TLC: My 600 LB Life
Discovery: Naked and Afraid Pop up Edition
A&E: The First 48
NatGeo: Life Below Zero
Animal Planet: River Monsters

Sports
ESPN: 2019 NIT Basketball Tournament Championship Game
ESPN2: 30 for 30: A Requiem for the Big East
Fox Sports Southwest: Texas Insider Fishing Report
Fox Sports Oklahoma: Tennis: Invesco Series Champions Challenge
TNT: Milwaukee Bucks V. Philadelphia 76ers
SEC Network: College Baseball Arkansas V. Auburn
(Formerly Speed)FS1: Stories of the FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 (good for women's sports btw to get that sort of coverage)
FS2: World Surf League
NBCSN: NHL Hockey Montreal Canadiens V. Washington Capitals
CBSSN: Rerun of Michigan State V. Bradley in the Tournament
MLB Network: MLB Regional Coverage (Cubs V. Braves or Reds V. Pirates)
NBA TV: "The Starters"
NFL Network: "Path to the Draft"
NHL Network: NHL Tonight
PAC 12 Network: Rerun of the WCBB Between Oregon and UCLA
BTN: Women's College LaCrosse Ohio State V. Penn State

Movie Channels and things like TBS, USA, etc are not worth really bothering with. They're running what they're supposed to be running. But they are indeed running programming I could probably access via netflix, amazon video, youtube video or even some guy posting it to dailymotion .

I mean why bother watching "The office" on Nick at Nite or Comedy Central when you can in fact watch that on Netflix, buy the DVD's or buy the entire series on those other platforms mentioned.

Even the cartoon series I've been following has an app. you can just download to watch it.

Really the only channel of value to me would be the Sports-related programming. If you're (for example) an NBA fan? You WOULD want to have a package that allows you to watch your local team (probably a Fox Sports affiliate), plus TNT, ESPN and NBA TV.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 4, 2019

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Guess what cable companies are including for free to entice people to sign up

ALL of them? Because unless they’re offering all of them, the original point makes no sense.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I'm happy Mr. A Smith is getting paid. He is the best at what he does even if I could care less about it.

Also, once at a tiny little waffle shop he and the lady he was eating with got up and offered me their table when I came in to eat on crutches. They just ate standing up at the counter. That alone makes him a better guy than 99% of the people I've encountered on this planet.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

I'm happy Mr. A Smith is getting paid. He is the best at what he does even if I could care less about it.

Also, once at a tiny little waffle shop he and the lady he was eating with got up and offered me their table when I came in to eat on crutches. They just ate standing up at the counter. That alone makes him a better guy than 99% of the people I've encountered on this planet.

To me, that's preposterous. Waffles, things of that nature.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

R.D. Mangles posted:

To me, that's preposterous. Waffles, things of that nature.

I just wanted to sound cool - obviously it was P.F Changs and some sort of crab dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:911: