Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Holy cow, that's a touching gesture. What a nice thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

It's hard to decide who to dislike more at that point. I do really detest Bayless (Skip... Rick's cooking is amazing).

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

I applaud them for drafting well, but goddamn that Durant move is kinda pissing me off.

I struggle to see another team compete with them for another 4-5 years unless the Cavs find a way to come roaring back. (LeBron is probably gonna be a Laker y'all.) My anger would probably be more apathy if the whole "Cavs" factor was not in the equation.

I'm just dumb and would like to see teams like Indiana, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Sacramento, Milwaukee, Memphis and the like reach the promised land someday. It kinda feels impossible in today's environment. Which sucks because there are some truly great fans in those markets. Christ, people in Oklahoma love Westbrook to death out there.

I mean the Cavs won the genetic lottery by having a top 3/5 player being born a stone's throw away from the old richfield coliseum. It feels like us and the spurs are the exception to the rule really.

I hope OKC rots in the basement for all eternity and Westbrook signs with the Heat or the Cavs.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I had hoped that the combo of the M's and DirecTV owning Root would have meant that we could get it on DirecTV Now. I live in the "home area" for the M's for MLB.tv purposes (which is three freaking states btw) but my only option for getting Root is paying $120/month for some crazy satellite package that I can't get anyway because I live in an apartment. They're loveable losers, but they're not that loveable.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Keep fighting the good fight, Katie.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Buck is fine as long as he isn't calling a Cowboys game with Aikman.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Benne posted:

Can we just leave the old man at home already

Dude's been "retired" for like 2 years now and he's loving everywhere

Hot take: Dave Niehaus was better anyway :colbert:

Oh my gosh yes.

Dave was the best thing about being a fan of that sad, sad organization, except maybe the Moose.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What would you guys say are the best 30 for 30 movies?

I like To The Limit. Story about the NASCAR driver that Days of Thunder was loosely based off of that NASCAR has tried really, really hard to bury thanks to the awful way his illness and death was handled (he died of complications from AIDS). Even if you're not a NASCAR or auto racing fan it's an interesting look at how AIDS was handled by real people in the early days of the epidemic (although I'll admit that what I saw made me sad). He could have been one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR history but died when he was 34.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Timby posted:

I thought Days of Thunder was based upon both Tim Richmond and Jeff Gordon.

Days of Thunder was released in 1990. Gordon made his first Winston Cup start in the last race of the 1992 season and won ROTY in '93.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I will immediately switch to any streaming service that gets Root Sports Northwest, and I even have the cheaper grandfathered DirecTV Now package.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I'm in my team's MLB.TV blackout area despite living two states and 500 miles away and I won't watch the games... Because I'm not going to log into Facebook at work. :wtc:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

Why on earth are there 3 sports radio stations in a market with no major league teams

The Padres are sad.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I can't speak for Overwatch but Dota 2 (another game that has been broadcast on ESPN) typically switches between an omniscient view and player views. The problem is that a lot of the data that is useful for following the match isn't readily visible from a distance. (Kills, towers, ultimates for example)Not a good sports bar kinda game. I would not be surprised if Overwatch was similar.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

lol why is Mina Kimes the best thing ESPN has to offer

FTFY

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

That poor kitty.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

College gymnastics is cool and good and has less of the despair and sadness that elite level gymnastics does (at least on the women's side). It's a shame to see it being put in those terms.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

MLB.tv is great if you live out of market. If you're in market you're screwed. I'm not going to rig up proxies etc to watch the loving Mariners. Talk about cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Akileese posted:

I wonder if Comcast just cuts out the middle man and buys WWE eventually. It would be cheaper than constantly having to pay rights fees in the long run.

If they were going to buy a terrible fringe sport it seems like they'd get a better deal on NASCAR.