Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They couldn’t get the rights for 3 hours of Barry Zito doing Dan Fogelberg covers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean that’s still a lovely place for it to be from a fan perspective but at least CBS’ streaming service is reasonably priced and doesn’t run like complete rear end.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I thought that weird spoken word one about Tyson and Tupac was the worst

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They also announced that starting with next season, Premier League Gold is gone and all non TV games will air on Peacock Premium

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

How the gently caress did we get a downgrade from Turner's coverage

It is and it isn’t. It’s not good that it’s not on cable as much but it’s much easier and nicer to just sub to CBS All Access instead of loving around with dogshit B/R Live

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

Peter Nelson, who is probably best known for killing boxing on HBO is out. Apparently a bunch of Barstool randos are gloating over this for some reason I can't even begin to understand; just bring back boxing to HBO please.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1292958546603044865

He’s the guy responsible for breaking up the Call Her Daddy girls.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LionYeti posted:

I've wanted MLB Redzone for a long time, this is really interesting.

They've had a channel like that called Strike Zone for a few years now. It doesn't run every day. A few days a week last I remember.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Adun posted:

I don’t even get it are either KC or Cincinnati well known for their gay communities?

Cincy is a waspy shithole full of godawful people

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“You’re watching the Indiana Pacers on Tom Raper TV”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s nothing more than trimming costs to keep the price of Disney stock up. The more they trim, the higher the stock price. That’s all it comes down to.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jemele was clearly making a lovely joke. Cari made it hella weird asking it again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The show should be about all of the assistants on those teams with each episode detailing a different hilarious head coaching tenure.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

James Andrew Miller (wrote that ESPN oral history book) said that Rinaldi specifically asked them not to match the offer so I don’t know that ESPN was entirely willing to cut him loose.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

maybe he wants to do something other than talk about family members with cancer while sad piano music plays for once in his career

we’ll get an 8 minute piece in 2024 about how diabetes took Tony Stewart’s foot or something

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rick posted:

I'm not surprised by more sports coming to USA because they have to do something but getting rid of NBCsn all together is wild. Especially with how much apart of their Olympic portfolio it is. I guess they could just still use the station with whatever they replace sports with.

They’re very obviously going to use the Olympics to leverage Peacock signups so I don’t think they really care. Plus they own MSNBC, CNBC, the Olympics Channel, Golf Channel, E!, Oxygen, and Bravo so they’re not short on options.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The main primetime olympic events also have a pretty good amount of downtime during them when they’re live.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

30 for 30 was scattershot even in the first volume. As a whole, I think Volume 2 is the weakest.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

psyer posted:

There are also new pricing tier for Paramount+ in June.

$4.99/month for Base with Ads
$9.99/month for Premium w/ no ads

Base has exclusive live sports
Premium has Base + more CBS live sports.

I wonder whether they will stick like the Brazilian league and the Argentine league in "more CBS live sports" and like NWSL/UEFA competitions on Base.

I would expect the reverse, with the Brazilian and Argentine leagues in the base and the Champions League in the higher tier.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Would not be surprised at all if ESPN tried to nab Renee Young to host an NHL studio show

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://deadline.com/2021/04/american-gladiators-doc-espn-30-for-30-vice-studios-ben-berman-1234732187/

quote:

A documentary about American Gladiators, widely considered one of the first reality competition series, is set as ESPN’s latest 30 for 30.

Deadline understands that the untitled documentary, which explores the story of the show, which ran from 1989 to 1996 and was later rebooted by NBC in 2008, comes from Vice Studios and ESPN Films.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

and it's not like he came out of nowhere to win. He had a huge lead after the third round. To be that unprepared is ridiculous.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1383133576934297600?s=20

:laffo:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i'm surprised PSG aren't involved but then again they automatically get in the CL regardless so maybe they don't actually care either way

Most people believe the three unnamed "founders" left to announce are PSG, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fully on board with the people on twitter pushing for Renee (Young) Paquette to host a Turner NHL studio show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pretty sure the only reason Berman is on at all is because everyone felt bad that he finally retired and his wife died like a week later.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Webber is infinitely more entertaining than Wayne Gretzky and I’m not even trying to discredit any of the points above in saying that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That is insane for a non-US soccer match

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’d probably put her on Notre Dame games too

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

Can someone explain to me what the US TV deals are for Liga MX? It seems kind of confusing.

It's primarily Univision and TUDN but some teams have their own home-game agreements. I think Chivas home games are on Telemundo. Have no idea about other teams on those types of agreements though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d imagine we’ll find out in a few days that an exec has a stake in whatever fund started the for profit charter school.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ohio is a breeding ground for ridiculous charters because our legislators are all type 2 diabetics whose blood is sausage gravy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Doctor Teeth posted:

fuckin' hell the video/audio quality for the u.s. world cup qualifying match on cbs sports is awful

I mean, it was taking place at the Vega stage from Street Fighter

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress Barstool, etc.

But if people are dumb enough to pay $8 for it, that’s on them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

NBCSN covered the NHL multiple times a week. ESPN isn’t doing that.

This is slightly unfair in that the package is separated now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Basticle posted:

the what network?

It’s Sports For Racists

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In the same interview she also blamed how female reporters are dressed for why they get harassed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BWV posted:

Timely and important content
https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1445241818505834503?s=20

On a related note, I know one of the writers used to do a podcast on The Ringer but has anyone written about how the show Billions is basically just old Bill Simmons columns but with finance instead of sports?. I tried watching it and literally every 30 seconds is a Gen Xer pop culture reference that is then tediously explained.

Good guy: "So you think you're going to get out of here like Andy Dufresne?"
Bad guy: "I sure do, but the only difference is instead of slowly chipping though my cell wall with a spoon like in the film Shawshank Redemption, I'm going to be heading out the front door."

I mean, the point of Billions is that everyone's a douchebag.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7015650105218878726

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cancer can take away all my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart and it cannot touch the 50 cent wing Wednesday down at hooters BABY! And those three things are going to carry on forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The E:60 segment about them was so good. Ernie Johnson is a saint.