Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Minto Took posted:

Skip and Rick
Huh learned something new today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nice, this guy sucked
https://twitter.com/usatodaysports/status/1382424670885056521

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MourningView posted:

is there a german equivalent to the paul finebaum show I can call into and insist that bayern ain't played nobody because they didn't play against the superior athletes of the super league
man I do not want to find out what the German equivalent of Harvey Updyke is

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Marvel... Marvel... this is a new outfit in the entertainment industry I gather? Might just have to tune in to learn what all the fuss is about.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I don't know what it was about the timing or marketing or what but I'm super casual about soccer and found myself watching from the group stage and made a point to catch nearly every game of the knockout rounds and really enjoyed it.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

You KNOW I am sensitive to the Holocaust
けれども!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

After the first articles I was wondering, just what exactly is the scam on the coach's end and how could he intend to actually get away with any money or connections to a real job or anything -- I feel like even if there's theoretically some money involved you probably can't successfully get any real amount out of say the ESPN game into your pocket with an operation this shoddy, they're just not going to cut you the check before figuring it out and if they did they would come after you to get it back -- so

quote:

What were the financial particulars for being involved with Bishop Sycamore?

“They told us it was $1,000, because Judah was going to live at home and that was it. So I paid the $1,000 and that was the only thing we were ever charged officially. They were supposed to pay for the camp, they said we have sponsors that are paying for everything. We’ll pay for the hotels, the entry fees, we’ll take care of all that because we are doing that for all the kids. As long as you are doing it for all the kids… I didn’t want to get into that where he got something that someone else didn’t get because that could affect his eligibility. I was like ‘As long as everybody else is getting it, and the school is paying for it, I guess that’s fine.’ But no, I ended up paying for all our hotel rooms, we paid for all of our entrance into the camps.”
yeah he was just going straight into the parent/kids' pockets.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

And there's a drive into deep left field
https://twitter.com/BvrlyTweetmaker/status/1438981985792311303

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Obviously they wouldn't be playing on a Friday but curious if the media contracts for, say, the SEC actually forbid that from ever happening or if the language is the same and it's simply understood that they would never want to do it or even schedule their programming in a way that would raise the question.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I lost the Bally nee Fox Sports channels that carry the Braves (and the Pelicans, who I have theoretically been trying to get into for a few years but mostly those like 30 games where Zion attempted to play basketball) right before baseball season and got by with a shared MLB.tv account and Unlocator to get around the blackout, was super simple on the PS4/5.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Kibner posted:

You got the Birmingham Squadron GLeague team now and those games are all streamed for free! Hayes, Murphy, and Alverdao will all be playing for them again tonight.
That's a good suggestion, I should make a point to catch more of that. Forgot Jared Harper was still with them too, love that guy.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Norbert would sound a little too archaic.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Timby posted:

There's also a long-standing unspoken agreement that the NFL doesn't schedule games on Fridays so as to not take away eyeballs from high school football.
I know I've heard that and I suppose it could have originated as basically the true story at a time when the NFL wasn't the cultural juggernaut it is now but that taboo can't possibly be holding them back in 2022, right? Like Roger Goodell is not barring the doors shouting about the sanctity of small-town tradition while NBC and Fox try to fling sacks of cash inside, it's just not worth putting games on Fridays for other reasons and they're happy to let everyone think it's a noble sacrifice?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This qualifying offer compensation system is very poorly designed

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

That’s insanity

There’s no chance they make that money back
Like who that isn't already watching as much NFL as they want could possibly be drawn in by Tom Brady?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lol
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1528869661470859264

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Do you like dudes being a piece of poo poo cause here is one
https://twitter.com/OhNoCoop/status/1532088947400114177

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

ESPN+ is increasing its price to $9.99/month.
Since they've been including it since last year I'm expecting to see this mentioned soon in a notice why Hulu TV is raising its price again.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is that good I can't tell anymore

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is the idea to cut the RSNs out for the purpose of streaming without blackouts?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah I'm sure there's a lot of obstacles in the way (seems hard to launch without every last team under control) but, isn't that the logical endpoint of the leagues themselves bringing those rights back in-house?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

e: wt but anyway when's Chip Caray's replacement getting announced?

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 10, 2023

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Rob Manfred has also said something to the effect of MLB being prepared to do what's necessary to at least produce some kind of broadcast for MLB.tv if needed.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

How is MLB the top-rated all-star game with its lack of star power and fading mainstream interest, was there an Ohtani bump?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I know that's the purpose but still don't understand how it's supposed to accomplish the sportswashing, literally every mention of it is about exactly that.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also who the gently caress wants to watch that. I know that entire wing of media is just a loss leader recouped in right-wing policy but god that sounds like it sucks.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I thought there was definitely something up with using "smoke" in the text and the graphic too

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

E: this is more journalism than broadcasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

One day I hope to be remembered as someone who made significant contributions across many important roles within Content.