Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Chris Christie posted:

Is this the thread where I angrily denounce the pile of poo poo that is FOX SPORTS 1??

Because it's bad. REAL bad.

I was sooooooo looking forward to an alternative to ESPN. I mean, you couldn't possibly do worse even if you tried. Right? RIGHT???

Nope. They did it. It's like some sort of experiment to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes. Just where is the bottom of the pit that is terrible sports news programming? FOX SPORTS 1 won't rest until they find.

Their 5pm EST show with Regis and some annoying British lady and a couple of nerds seriously makes Skip Prosser and first take look like the Walter Cronkite CBS News of Sports. It's that bad.

FOX SPORTS 1 is so godawful and such a letdown. NFL Network is fantastic, but it's only NFL. I'm still stuck with the festering pile of dog poo poo that is ESPN for everything else, because the geniuses behind FOX SPORTS 1 have somehow managed to lower the bar.

To be fair, there is one show that I have seen that was OK - the 6pm football show. Everything else is atrocious.
I wish they had gone with some more serious daytime programming but it is kind of funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I don't even know what sports FS1 is actually showing right now, except maybe the NASCAR trucks, and that's just a holdover from Speed.
They have some really big college football games this year, so I assume that's what they're banking on drawing people to the channel. Right now, it's mostly whatever is left of their racing and soccer rights(they still have the Champion's League). I think they get a UFC event every so often, as that is what they opened with.