Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

if it's a time savings so they can cram more content in by cutting out the "blank" space between sentences.

Its this. I know people who do these edits for money and its essentially to chop interviews into smaller segments while keeping as much content/thoughts/talking points as possible while removing all the dead space, and "uhhhhs" and sentences that don't add anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/i/status/1359292989357572107

hooooooooolly poo poo

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Free Dennis Miller

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If its gonna be bad, you might as well go all in

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Friday nights being taken off broadcast is perfect for me cause that's when I plays baseball! Do equal baseball

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oh poo poo, they've compromised Terry Bradshaw

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I remember reading about Kevin Pillar doing similar work after he yelled the slur. I do wish that those sorts of stories were written more often (you can guess why they aren't, and a number of reasons are going to be correct).

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Its sustainable because the Saudis have $infinite

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/i/status/1547695601713762304

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Niwrad posted:

I still don't get why the Saudis didn't target MMA. You could buy up all the top fighters for a fraction of the cost and bring in all the celebrity voices you want too. Probably a fraction of the blowback because Dana White is a piece of poo poo too.

It'd take a long time to actually get those fighters since they're all under hosed up contracts with the UFC

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That's nuts. Its 200 a year in Canada since its part of DAZN

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

harperdc posted:

I think the full overseas Sunday Ticket equivalent is about $200-250 over here, but selected games (including the Thurs-Sunday-Monday Night games and all playoffs) and RedZone are included with DAZN here. I’ve been on that for…six years? It currently has plenty else I like to watch so I’m happy to pay, and have to admit that having access has led to watching more NFL than I’d imagined.

Here in Canada the NFL has every game and red zone on DAZN plus whatever else is on there that i really don't watch like mma, boxing and a lot of the euro soccer leagues.

How it can be 300 in the USA is lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Blackouts don't exist to sell tickets, they exist for cable subs.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I saw Blake Griffin do stand-up in Montreal so as an expert in these things

Lmao

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

What's the deal with football??

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oh man I found the show he was doing in Montreal.

The caption is wrong it is not funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjGEgRvwomQ

(the show was good overall since real standups were there and it was at midnight so I was drunk and probably laughed)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They don't people to pay 10 dollars a game, they want them to pay for the month.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I know for a while its been on ESPN+? Was it ever on actual television or just the internet? At least lately.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

lmao holy poo poo. How does that pop into your brain????

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1725337224143642843/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1725337224143642843&currentTweetUser=stephenasmith

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Netflix has tiers with ads, I imagine they have to work that into the live show somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ratatoulay