Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Harlock posted:

Personally, I think ESPN2 should be showing more Magic the Gathering tournaments.

I really wonder what'll happen if a misguided exec tries to tread into E-Sports water.

One of my best friends was a Magic pro back when it was on ESPN2. The one time I asked him about it, he told me a story of how a notable player was going to be on TV the next day for the Top 8 or what have you, so the night before he basically got shanghaied from his hotel room and forced to cut his hair and shave his giant neckbeard in a women's restroom so they could show him on TV.

So what I'm saying is we definitely need more Magic on ESPN2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

commy gun posted:

Buck and Aikman are loud and annoying but at least they don't lull me to sleep. Nantz and Simms are the worst.

This. Thom Brennaman is slow and dull and mispronounces names so often its mind blowing.

My favorite Thom Brennamoment ever was last year when he was calling a Rangers/Reds game. IIRC the game was tied with a man on first and the Reds hitter hosed up his first two bunt attempts so the Reds let him swing with two strikes. Dude then hits a dinger but Brennaman spent the whole rest of the game bitching about that guy not being able to get that bunt down.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Good Dog posted:

unblock-us?

Yes