Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Vertical Lime posted:

That reminds me, the one out of town exception is Milwaukee local stations are allowed to air Packer cable games because of the size of Green Bay.

I thought it was because the Packers played a couple home games a year there up until the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Yeah, she's wrong on this. He wasn't defending Baylor or Briles. He was simply pointing out a fact in today's world that the more successful you are as a coach, the more poo poo you'll be allowed to get away with. And since Briles has been so successful, the report had to be really bad.

Take Tim Beckman at Illinois. There is zero chance he gets fired if Illinois had made a few Rose Bowls under his watch.

Just figured out how to say why it's creepy to pump up Briles' track record in articles about how Baylor athletics systematically covered up sexual assault.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

iospace posted:

There's one thing to be said about Wisconsin sports, and that our announcers are pretty good. Not counting Uecker, we get to hear Brian Anderson regularly for the Brewers and Gus Johnson on occasion for the Bucks (though some of Gus's takes regarding off the field matters aren't the greatest). Uecker was in the TV booth yesterday during the spring training game and was constantly making Bill Schroeder laugh.

I'm going to miss him when he retires :smith:

Plus Wayne Larivee and Larry McCarron for Packer games. I have very specific memories of riding home Sundays during the 2nd half of games listening to them, then watching the game traffic go the opposite way on the highway. Their call of the "we want the ball and we're gonna score" pick-6 is fantastic, along with the Fail Mary.

Maybe they just bring it for Seahawks games.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

iospace posted:

Well, share!

I'll post it, because it's an argument between two reasons why I got Badger hoops season tickets.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

DJExile posted:

You wouldn't come remotely close to filling it. Absolutely nobody gives a poo poo about IU football and OSU fans aren't going to travel that well for a Thursday night game.

Especially a Thursday night game at a stadium most of them have been to a few times already and expect to return to this year.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

why do they keep pairing beadle with the blandest dipshits possible instead of just giving her her own show

Ever read Harrison Bergeron in school?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

That's too bad.

He's still the dirt loving worst at everything he's ever attempted.

When Gameday (from Ann Arbor) started the story, I was hoping the Michigan fans wouldn't boo instinctively at the first mention of his name.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Is this the sports version of 'shipping?'

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

hcreight posted:

Honestly it would rule if, like, Woj got on his twitter and starting ripping on Trump. Not that it'll happen.
His rant about the horrors going on in the migrant concentration camps is immediately followed with "Oh, so you fuckers only cared about my immigration news when it involved Kawhi Leonard."

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

the backup qb

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Timby posted:

When did Patrick Kane get into an issue in Wisconsin?

Got wasted during Mifflin Street at the Kollege Klub in Madison a bunch of years ago.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I first thought "wow, I can't believe he would say that" but if you're publicly saying you're only doing for a lot of money that's pretty powerful negotiating.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I have absolutely woken up at fuckoffearly o'clock, realized I'm not getting back to sleep, and checked this thread to see if KBO was on so thanks!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Mukaikubo posted:

Absolutely. Spencer's a great writer and fun enough on air, but Richard has a *talent* for this stuff and could end up bigger than any of them. Listening to him on PAPN week after week, the man is clearly putting in the work to really understand football and is also a very engaging 'personality'. He'll hopefully go far.

Somewhat related - I joined their Moon Patrol discord and it’s worth the $3 a month. During Saturday’s it’s way better for focusing on the football hollarin’ than Twitter is.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Here are the highlights from a Scottish league game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zoJP2FkpgU

Here is the reason why the camerawork was not focused on the ball.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Put Tom Kenny in the booth.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

MourningView posted:

wait is kevin harlan sam dekkker's father in law

Can confirm.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Imagine calling CBS the Tiffany Network and not giving yourself a gigantic wedgie afterwards.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Come on, nobody from Wisconsin actually considers Door County part of Green Bay.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

It should only focus on his color commentary career for late night pac12 basketball

It’d be doing a major disservice for anything involving Bill Walton to have focus.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

pseudodragon posted:

Unless you're a friend or relative of like a 6th stringer that might actually make the field and get to do something for once, do you get anything more from watching your team win by 60 instead of 30?

You're at a bar that gives away shots after touchdowns.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I bet Tom will come out with a nice, tight, efficient 15 jokes, but when he has to go off Belichick's script and create something on his own he's going to throw it to the crowd.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Oh so NOW sports media wants Kevin to chase a ring

actual lol

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Island Nation posted:

I'm more concerned why he posted it to Twitter five minutes after purchase

If he was on the road and expensing his meal he probably just took a picture of the receipt to file it right away rather than hold on to paper.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

a second Rico has hit the snooze button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Really hope Wisconsin (he's an alum) quietly distances themselves from him. He's been front row in the student section at some basketball games, did taped lineup intros once. Felt off then, looks worse now.