Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Criminal Minded posted:

Please link, that comic was great

https://twitter.com/LaTroyHawkins32/status/648527825499242497

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

DJExile posted:

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/jay-mariotti-threatens-scott-van-pelt-lawsuit-ridiculous-twitter-fight.html

Jay Mariotti got in a Twitter fight with SVP and even threatened a defamation suit.

lol

Hahahah. The reviews of Mariotti's podcast are great:

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Peanut President posted:

As someone who only catches highlights thank god. I can't imagine listening to that guy call a full game.

It's bad. He's only doing 20 games next year, too.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

I really like Jason Benetti when he calls White Sox games and this is pretty cool

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/913380548910788610

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Garbage Time was incredibly good and funny. I hope she gets some type of similar platform at ESPN, but I doubt it.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

They just had their first week under new ownership. It's still a classic rock station most of the time but with automated playlists instead of DJs. On Saturdays they play Christian music.

I don't think so. I turned it on at lunch and on my way home from work yesterday, and this morning on the way to work and it was always christian music.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

majour333 posted:

I usually only watch sports passively, but I'm managing 3 bars and I have to stay on top of the listings and schedules. I'm finding it difficult to quickly google things like "directv channel Celtics game" while drunks are yelling at me. The directv website has it listed as being on channel 218, but it's actually on 630.
So my questions are 1: Is there a resource that has reliable, location-specific TV listings that tell you what network is broadcasting a specific game? If I knew tonight's Celtics game was on CSNE or NBCSports I could just look the channel number up on directv. But that information is impossible to look up online - it's not on the NBA site, the directv site, or in the first few pages of Google results.
And 2: why is it like this? How is this so goddamn obtuse? And what obvious thing am I missing? I get that I need information about the NBA, NFL, nhl, mlb, pay per view fights, races and college sports, across multiple competing broadcasters, but wouldn't they all benefit with clear information at some central neutral site? A wikipedia for TV listings?
Please help.

I don't know of any one single site, but usually the team specific sites are good about listing the tv/radio broadcasts. I checked the Celtics website though and it sucks?

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/boston-celtics-team-schedule at least has the networks listed if not channel numbers.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

DAZN announced Adnan Virk's co-host for their MLB show, and it's the Semitic Sajac, the Trap Trebeck, the Woke Wollery, Scott "host of HQ Trivia and non-sports entity" Rogowsky.

Cool, Scott rules.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Comrade

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 25, 2019

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Bill Walton is calling a White Sox game with Jason Benetti and this sure is a press release:

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

As a legit broadcaster yeah Hawk was awful. But he did come up with some sayings that will be around baseball forever.

His seething silence when the White Sox lost by walk-off and rage against the umpires was some good poo poo too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Bros in the comments @'ing barstool and saying "Hire this man!" pretty much sums it up