Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Is there european goon team? I've mainly played vs and I can imagine the lag getting out of hand on eashl if people are from all over the place. Now I got a deja vu feeling I've asked this guestion atleast twice before the answer has been "there is no lag! come play!" then I try a drop in game and it's laggy as hell. There should be european goon team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
We are a few euro goons playing, but I think everyone are in teams. You should hang out in the IRC channel to OTP anyway.

And the lag is OK once you get used to it, just don't play goalie or center

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Yeah I'm not looking forward to the Euro lag. However, it shouldn't be as bad since my interent when I lived in the states was pretty awful. Playing some other games, the lag has been manageable so I hope it translates.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Anders, if you get a couple more, you guys could make RGR Euro.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

I play at such erratic hours I'll play as much or more with you than I would with a euro team.

... Unless I find a lot of guys who prefer to wake up an hour or two early to play videogames before the daily grind of life starts

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I'm UK based and the lag can be variable at times but you learn to compensate for it so its not all bad.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Zip! posted:

I shall indeed be back this year. I even went as far as to consider getting the season pass thing to get the game early but then I felt dirty and shameful and had to go take a shower. I will however be taking a couple of days off at launch because I have poo poo loads of vacation to use and nothing worthwhile to spend it on so yay I guess!

The Season Ticket also gives you early access to FIFA! And 20% off of DLC is pretty nice when you as dumb as I am and buy all the courses for Tiger Woods and then quit playing 2 days later.

I am very likely making my (completely un)triumphant return to EASHL this season. Anyone need a pass first forward? Defense makes my blood pressure spike to dangerous levels, so I need a spot up front. I am about 8/10 serious, but my talent is more like 5/10 :negative:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

HanabaL03 posted:

Plan B Coathangers still plays regularly and we are all getting '14. You can come join the likes of I Abort Fetuses, Registerd Sexoffender, Promnignt Dmpsterbaby.

Post your info like in the OP, so I can add it up there.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Are you all playing on 360, or PS3?

VVV Thanks! VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 6, 2013

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

360. The PS3 group will have their own thread.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
2G 1A 11 hits in my first game...not much has changed :)

Netsky
Jun 24, 2004
I AM THE STREET

Hockles posted:

Post your info like in the OP, so I can add it up there.

Plan B Coathangers (PBC)
Description: Broke off from the Screaming Eagles in NHL12, played all of NHL13 by ourselves and didn't post, we don't allow animal loving or that slayer guy (unless he chills out)
How to join: message a gm
Seriousness: 5/10 do people really take this serious
Normal Playtime: ~9pm Eastern,
GMs Gamertag: booshi ray ray, willnetsky, hanabal03,verman84
Status: Seriously, no animal loving, we had to kick a guy out last year because of this

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Netsky posted:

Plan B Coathangers (PBC)
Status: Seriously, no animal loving, we had to kick a guy out last year because of this

:catstare:
How does that even come up in discussions?

The game is worth $60 for the hitting and the line brawls with fight celebrations. :woop:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006
Welp, just got my first penalty of '14. 2:30 seconds into my second game I received a gamer for injuring a guy.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Southpaw posted:

Welp, just got my first penalty of '14. 2:30 seconds into my second game I received a gamer for injuring a guy.

Then later, I fought a dude because he laid out Anubis. Shortly afterwards, we scored the GWG.

Hockey's back, bitches.

:killdozer:

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
And because of that we got promoted to tier 9 in our first season. Wooooooooooooo! Good night.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Quotin self

Pleads posted:

I didn't get my BAUER pack? Is it because EB gets some of the boosts but it specifically says GAMESTOP for the sweet orange Bauer stuff?

Cause I want the Bauer stuff :( Anyone have an extra and want to swing a deal?

loving EB. Fuckers.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Anubis posted:

And because of that we got promoted to tier 9 in our first season. Wooooooooooooo! Good night.

Sorry, that was only part of us getting promoted. Hockles and I destroyed a team thanks to AI putting rebounds in.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Hopefully the BX puts the game in stock here soon so I can join ya'll this weekend.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Juice, just to let you know why I removed you from the team. Not for how you played since I got disconnected 10 minutes into the first. But I can't stress how much I do not care about listening to anything to related to HUT, who you played in hut or waiting 10 minutes and 5 minutes after every game for you to do :catdrugs: . It's not you, its me.. I just think we are in very different places in our lives.. I still like you, but as a friend and I really just need to focus on my career right now.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

SAMB0 posted:

Juice, just to let you know why I removed you from the team. Not for how you played since I got disconnected 10 minutes into the first. But I can't stress how much I do not care about listening to anything to related to HUT, who you played in hut or waiting 10 minutes and 5 minutes after every game for you to do :catdrugs: . It's not you, its me.. I just think we are in very different places in our lives.. I still like you, but as a friend and I really just need to focus on my career right now.

Ok.

der juicen fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 12, 2013

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
GOML.

essbeeay
Most Hits in a game (20)
September 11, 2013 10:48 PM

j0ehoe
Most Hits in a game (18)
September 10, 2013 10:59 PM

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sba posted:

GOML.

essbeeay
Most Hits in a game (20)

j0ehoe
Most Hits in a game (18)

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

You still can't sort your club roster at all. Maybe it will be a feature in NHL 15.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Can someone please just sign juicen, christ. No one takes this game seriously anymore and we have 2 weeks until GTA anyways

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Paging #flightsim to collect their lost child

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

sellouts posted:

Can someone please just sign juicen, christ. No one takes this game seriously anymore and we have 2 weeks until GTA anyways

I'll probably trade this in for GTA now, anyways.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Pleads posted:

Paging #flightsim to collect their lost child

i'm not lost i'm under constant atc coverage

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

sellouts posted:

i'm not lost i'm under constant atc coverage

Radar contact.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Cram it, nerds.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
Writing this post from the penalty box with Doctor Butts and j0ehoe. I started the biggest brawl of all <30 seconds into the game.

e: gently caress, I got a gamer.

E2: joe's in here with me with another gamer.

Bradf0rd fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 13, 2013

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006
EASHL '14 - This year matchmaking is fixed. We totally mean it this time.*

*expect we totally lied and matchingmaking is still absolutely hosed.

Thanks EA! Way to get my $60.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

5 games, 58 PIM

I might have to change my mondi operandi of clocking everyone near the killzone.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I am not enjoying this game.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Need details on the animal loving

also:

sba posted:

GOML.

essbeeay
Most Hits in a game (20)

j0ehoe
Most Hits in a game (18)

Most Hits in a game (28)
j0ehoe | September 13, 2013 8:07 AM
Most Hits in a game

Your move :smuggo:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Are there any free agents looking to create a team? Come out of the woodwork please. :(

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This year's money goal:

1) Be a left handed shot, shooting on a regular (glove on left hand) goalie
2) Skate right to left through the high slot, shoot over glove hand
3) repeat

Alternatively, just shoot at the glove. We just faced a team that scored 6 times, in the exact same spot.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

^^^^
I can confirm that. Most of the games I've played with SE had some form of people doing this to tie or get ahead and of course try it all game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
Crossposting:

THE GOON-ON-GOON VIOLENCE HAS BEGUN!

• Locked thread