Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Nice. I can add the standard shadowfell I bought to get my grubby mitts on the 11k tp. Also probably grab the standard MotU, too.

Also, RIP I forgot to take extend. Oh well. Guess I just have to recast resist every 5 minutes instead of 10. Also blur until I get a lesser displacement item. Or just be more on the ball about keeping displacement up from the enlightened spirit tree. Anyway, this ordeal is finally over, no matter how the monk performs from now on, this is it. I'm just hoping I didn't overdo the defense reduction to pick up offense.

edit: the myaccount page is buggy as all hell, showing only the Activate Product Key section

double edit: 13k tp left after buying a +6 supreme tome. I shouldn't need to buy any tp for like, a year again.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
They've been trying to fix handwraps for years now though, haven't they. Nice that they put a message out to show that it's still an ongoing process rather than something they've given up on. Also the combo system is cool theoretically but it's way too many buttons to do anything other than a couple combos, though. The only combos I do are lightx3, earth x3 and E-L-E. I couldn't imagine having all 4 elements + light/dark and actually weaving them for combos.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Randomized Loot posted:

We are excited to give you our first Lamannia look at changes to randomized loot. We’ve done a ton of work on this already, and expect further work to be done for Update 29 and beyond. Here’s a basic idea of what’s happening:

Scaling Effects

Effects will now scale behind-the-scenes. This means that instead of seeing Dazing II or Dazing IV on an item, you’ll just see Dazing. However, the amount of the bonus will change as the item scales up, and the descriptions will accurately reflect the benefit. This allows us to build new items (and higher-level items) more quickly, and helps us better maintain our list of effects.

Prefixes and Suffixes

Currently on the Live servers, random loot has a Prefix, a Suffix, and an Enhancement bonus, and the overall power of the item is divided between the three effects.

Going forward, Prefixes, Suffixes, and Enhancement bonuses will be independent of one another, meaning you can get multiple very good effects on a given item. Additionally, there is a chance for an additional effect to go along with the Prefix and Suffix, which is also independent. Giving the possibility of 3 effects on the item all of which determine their own level independently.

Insightful Effects

Most effects now come in three bonuses:
· Main (typically Enhancement or Equipment bonuses)
· Insight (half the value of the main bonus type)
· Quality (only on named items; half the value of Insight bonuses)

Some items can now drop with both the Main and Insightful version of an effect on the same item, so you could end up with Strength +14 and Insightful Strength +7 on the same item.

Slots

Currently, there are four categories where we slot various effects: Weapons, Armor, Physical Accessory Effects, and Mental Accessory Effects. We plan to switch over to a list of effects that can show up on each slot, and different slots can overlap with one another. We expect that the exact placement of “which slot can have what” will require more polish, and will likely be tweaked over time.

Minimum Level

Currently on the Live servers, the Minimum Level of an item is determined “on the fly” by its Enhancement value and other effects. Starting in Update 29, the Minimum Level of the items you see in chests will be based on the level of the dungeon itself – so a level 10 dungeon on normal would drop Minimum Level 10 random loot, and level 12 loot on Elite. Behind the scenes how these minimum levels work is different (improved) so please let us know if you see anything odd on Lamannia.

Extra Lucky Loot

You can now get extra power on an item! In addition to the normal range of effect power an item can have, there will be the rare chance of the item getting even more power beyond its normal range for that minimum level.

Where does all this sit as of right now on Lamannia:

Our random loot update is still in progress. So far we’ve mostly created all of the scaling effects, and made both scaling and the effects themselves work. Now we’re at the point of adding the effects to various slots. In this preview, weapons, shields, and armor should be showing up with the new effects. Accessories are being worked on, and are in a mixed state for this preview.

There will be bugs. Polish will be needed. You’ll probably run into some issues. Please let us know about them. We also want to have feedback and discussion on what effects should show up where. Please remember that this system is still being worked on; in other words - Don’t Panic! We expect many iterations and tweaks to happen. There are also likely effects that are completely missing, and will need to be added back into random loot. Please help us find them!

Current Known Issues:

Striding/Speed effects don’t have a cap like they should.
Some Insight bonuses can show up at levels below where they should, causing a +0 bonus.
There are likely some effect/description errors.
Effect restrictions aren't implemented yet. This means unfortunate situations like assassination on ranged weapons can happen.

Might see some legit strong RNG loot.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I am completely okay with rng loot being better than a lot of the less good named items. Especially when some of them have completely hosed droprates. Or if you're using a weapon/armour type that doesn't have a tonne of named options.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Hold up. Ignore everything except this

quote:

Rune Arm - Machination of Madness

Bee Shot - This Rune Arm's shot deals piercing damage, and stacks a piercing DOT.
Knife Imbue VI (Will probably become "Piercing Imbue")
Taint of Chaos
Impulse +159
Natural Armor +15
Insightful Repair Amplification (Scaling numbers TBD)
Insightful Evocation Focus +2
Rune Arm Charge Rate 30%
Yellow Augment Slot
Green Augment Slot

Shoot goddamn bees at people.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I guess i don't have to worry about making two legendary greensteel weapons since handwraps aren't going to be in. Which I'm oddly okay with considering I've already got quite a few handwraps I swap between, including a tier 2 tforged. It will be nice finally switching out to something else instead of pinion on my archer. I was looking at the bow from ToEE but the likelihood of getting that to drop seems low.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
T... Triple bonus points?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Also the expansion packs are on massive sale which is some decent value cause you get tp with 'em and some adventure packs.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Dunno if they have the team size to make a new race + iconic AND a decent adventure pack. I'm guessing there's a lot of overlap on team duties and their art department would have been squeezed unless they used a lot of boring recycled assets. Especially since lately they've been big on fresh art in the adventure packs.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah but a lot of those were quite a while ago. Are they still the same team size? I have no idea. Especially as far as the Eberron Unlimited release and the xpacs go, those are major promotions and they'd want to stuff as much content as possible in those to get old and new players in. I'm hoping there's an adventure pack too but I wouldn't be too bummed if there isn't. Slightly surprised if they don't have one considering it's Update 30, though.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Are any of those really worth picking up?

edit: Hrm quiver seems a likely choice yeah.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 20, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I'm guessing all the items are their normal variant unless specified otherwise. Which is why at least half of the items there are pretty pointless.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Trying to figure out what I'll be grabbing. Quiver for sure on one. Probably litany or eardweller for a couple other guys. I hope there will be other consumable options though cause none of that is useful for some of my chars.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Don't be like me and spend your token. They're adding a couple more things shortly.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Unless the robe looks really cool, I'm okay with having spent one of my tokens.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
They also added 10 Commendations of Heroism. Side note, it appears the robe is BtA so if you have the char slots free, make an alt and grab it if you want it.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Lies. Handwraps will never be fixed.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Warlock is stupid good and will ruin other casters if you ever try to play them after without having a bunch of gear/potions ready.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

DemonMage posted:

Yeah totally agreed Truga.

Also Update 32 is now live. Has Against the Slave Lords level 8/31 quests based on the old module of the same name, Cannith Crafting revamp, and some other minor changes. Also adds a lot more appearances back to random armor in the game, which is great.

Isn't there supposed to be a 4th part to the Against the Slavelords set? Did they just decide gently caress it we're not putting it in?

fake edit: I looked at the content of the 4th part and yeah, I guess I can see why they didn't put it in. Would have maybe been kinda cool to try implementing it though.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
According to the Producer Letter they want to get the hand wraps update out this year alongside an update to monk and favoured soul enhancement updates.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Dragonborn is unsurprisingly winning by a landslide.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
To be honest I think kobolds were just in there as the comedy option and they were planning on doing Dragonborn. And on the off-chance kobolds won, a lot of the model and animation work is there for them and they have enough time to throw together something.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The vote is 215 dragonborn to 84 kobold. I think the kobold thing might be more of a joke want. I'm just hoping the breath thing is worth using unlike the shadar-kai chainwhip.

edit: Also the vote specifies

"Cordovan posted:

Assuming Tiefling and Aasamir arrive in a later update, would you prefer a kobold-themed anniversary with a playable kobold race, or a dragon-themed anniversary with a playable dragonborn race?

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 21, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
October 11th. Lammania patch notes for update 33. Handwraps re-work. The time is nigh. I am fully hard.

Edit: warlocks shining through is only 8x instead of 12x bonus.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 8, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I've got a level 12 fighter that I had originally intended to switch over into barb, but now I don't know what to do. the siren song of crazy crit threat range in kensei is tempting. Either way I have to reroll it because it's an old character that was built like crap (has a lesser heart and a 20 heart so I haven't really cared much).

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Double post but the thread isn't exactly fast moving. Did anyone crunch the numbers on what the best red Aug is for weapons? Is it those meteor ones that do fire and bludgeon on proc? Or do the aoe burst ones work a bit better? Some combo of them or just all of one kind?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Awesome thanks. Probably switch to two meteors in my reforged handwraps since the extra aoe is really nice to have. Also three aoe price including the fire baked into the wraps means I proc a fair bit. I think I had the fire and cold eyes in it before. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a likelihood of lgs wraps anytime soon.

Edit: the cosmetic armour from nights revels is pretty cool. Don't have the helmet yet. Ran a bit last night and the two new dungeons are decent. Pretty much what you'd expect based off of the previous ones. They are a bit longer though. Maybe snitch and the lich length or longer?

double edit: The key drop rate is fuckin dismal if you're solo, though.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 22, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Has Turbine ever explained why the /stuck command has such a bloody long cooldown? Obviously it's an anti spam thing to some extent but come on. Put a ten minute cooldown or something tops. Or maybe they're worried about it being used to cheese stuff somehow since it seems to use checkpoints of sorts as opposed to just shifting you a foot or two to a valid movement location.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I tend to jump a lot leading to me getting stuck like a dumbass quite frequently so it's always annoying when I've got to be extra careful for the next hour.

In other news, this whole reaper mode thing seems interesting. Especially since power creep has been crazy for the past while now.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
At least they reduced player damage instead of just pumping up the mob CR. Cause anything DC based would have been impossible to succeed. I do like the idea of sort of forcing it to be group content despite the fact that it kind of pigeonholes players especially since the player base isn't exactly massive and at this point if you don't run with groups, odds are you won't really in the future.

Goddamnit DemonMage. You made me actually think about it and now I think it might be a waste of dev time.

Side note, I wish they'd merge the servers...

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It's not a ten minute cooldown. 10 would be reasonable. It's an hour cooldown.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Considering it's Turbine Points, wonder how that whole currency is getting shifted over.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The populations can get a bit iffy. Honestly if the architectural background is at all feasible, they should merge the servers. There are way too many for the player counts. I play on khyber with my buddies and it can be pretty lean especially the AH ever since they made the shard AH.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Finally ran tower of frost. Pretty decent, quick little quest. Seemed more flavor than any real challenge. Although I guess the fact that it's pretty short means you can easily run it repeatedly to get that necklace.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Pinion is a great bow and considering the upgrades would be LGS or TF which are relatively minor DPS increases compared to the effort required.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Sorc have serious mana problems iirc. Unless you've got decent gear or know what you're doing, I remember my low level sorc having serious issues doing good damage without making GBS threads my mana all at once. Given this was a long time ago and could be different by now, but I don't think sorcs have had a massive overhaul since then.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
They just added racial reincarnation so you may see a higher than average number of low levels around now. Don't know if that extends to low level groups as they may already have a group or are solo blitzing for max speed. Ideally you'd build your own group of people. You don't particularly need more than two people and you can get by solo, but it's more fun the more people you have.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
That's some rough pricing on the bundles. This went from top tier bundle instant purchase to "should I bother"? 100 bucks for the top or much more stuff in the bundles would have been fine but this is a lot.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Wolpertinger posted:

I didn't even realize the expansion launched, poor DDO gets no press nowadays.

Yeah my hype levels miscarried when the packs and prices were announced. I have heard it's decent if not a bit buggy but my information may be outdated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Play with a group. Also find a fun build that gets off the ground early. Normally most builds are still pretty boring at 8.

• Locked thread