Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Ugh, why can't Steam update DDO in the background? I wanted to play 15 minutes ago. By the time this poo poo finishes downloading and installing I'll be too tired to play.

Edit: Jesus gently caress, why is this taking so long? I can regularly pull down 2 MB/s on BitTorrent so connection speed shouldn't be an issue. What's the point of it even being on Steam? How big is this update, anyway?

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
I'm loving the new enhancements. With the new Arcane Archer stuff, combined with the Bow of Sinew I just got, I'm doing a lot more damage than before. The first time I used Arrow of Slaying it criticaled and I hit a named for almost 1300 damage. This is at level 16. And all the different combinations of arrows and bows are just fun, even if I forget to switch bows sometimes. We were fighting Dead Pykzyl the other night and I was using my banishing arrows, but I forgot to use them with my holy disruptor bow. Do the banishing and disruption criticals stack?

One thing I wasn't clear on was the enhancements that cost more than one point. I didn't know you could get partial benefits from just putting 1 or 2 points into them. I've got 2 points to use when I get home.

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 27, 2013

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

KittyEmpress posted:

Are pure ranged Arcane Archer Rangers more viable now? The build in that path guide takes a ton of melee stuff.

Yeah, much more so with the new enhancements, I think. At least mine is a lot better.

Also the worst thing about being free to play is they put a really low limit on how much gold you can have. If you get VIP for even just a month that limit is gone forever.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Is any of the MotU stuff solo-able? I just hit 20 on my first toon and I want to unlock epic destinies, but I spend 90% of my playing time solo. Don't want to spend more than I have to on quests I'll never be able to complete.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Two questions.

The first: I picked up the first expansion and went to the Fatespinner in the Marketplace, and I chose the Shiradi Champion ED. I'm getting the Favor of the Fey buff on my vorpals, so I know it's active. But my XP bar still says I don't have one active. Is there something else I have to do?

The second: I made it to Eveningstar, but I hear you need 125 PDK favor to be able to teleport there. Until I get that much, I have to run through the Beyond the Rift quest again every time I want to go there? I bound in the inn so for now I can do /death, but then I can't bind anywhere else.

And a non-question: That town is brutal on my computer. I ordered a new CPU but until it arrives my FPS will stay in the teens. Ugh.

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 26, 2013

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Woden posted:

Not sure what's going on with the Fatespinner, did you click the circular recycle type symbol to the left of the XP bar? It toggles between epic and ED XP.

Yeah, it cycles between heroic XP, epic XP and then both. Still says it's inactive. The 40k XP I got from Beyond the Rift didn't count towards it, either. :(

Woden posted:

You don't have to redo that quest, just go to the quest entrance and and you should be able to teleport to the Eveningstar Cavern. You did turn the quest in to Elminster in Eveningstar right? Maybe that's causing problems.

Yeah, I did. I haven't actually tried to go back yet, I had just read about it on DDO Wiki.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Turns out all I had to do was restart my client. Frame rate is better now too. Weird.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Noricae posted:

Have any of you managed a successful dragon? Did a few today with 90sec+ lag. And what's with dead people still getting kicked out of dragon?

I did VoN 5&6 a few days ago with no problems. Or are you talking about a specific one?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
I'm never awake this time of day, but just now I logged in to run the last quest in the Phiarlan Carnival arc before work and the server's going down for maintenance. Guess I won't be playing until tonight. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Woden posted:

If I destroy those Iconic cosmetic armours and items will I get them again if I TR into that race at a later time? Some of it is pretty cool but most is just bank space wastage.

Also kind of on the fence about AAs. They're incredibly powerful but really squishy on the way to cap, I also miss a lot in harder content. I guess I should farm up some leveling gear and stop relying on old epics until GH/Eveningstar gear mostly takes over and that'd help a ton, but th hardest part is learning the quests again with ranged in mind. I keep messing up my backpedaling and getting caught on terrain, failing to dodge spells(my saves are kinda sucky ATM) and not knowing when and where to use 10k stars, manyshot or fury. That should come with time I guess, but the learning curve is steeper than I thought it'd be. Some quests I'm a monster getting more kills than everyone else in the group combined and others I take a few backpack rides.

Doesn't help that I usually play drunk most of the time these days either.

Tonight in the quest I ran with my guildmates, I had almost twice as many kills as the rest of the group combined. The rest of the group was a Barb, a pure healing Cleric, a Hezrou, and that cat hireling, but still, AAs are pretty badass, if a little squishy.

Edit: Maintenance is lasting longer than they said it would. Should have been back up 40 minutes ago and still can't log in.

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 16, 2013

• Locked thread