Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Anything called curry powder belongs in this thread.

No it belongs on a bratwurst with ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Astrofig posted:

Latkes. Id heard you could make them from mashed potatoes, not grated ones.

Make fresh mashed potatoes without milk. Maybe a little cream and lots of butter. Pan fry them in hot oil just to crisp up the outside. Top with a fried egg, green onions, sour cream and hot sauce. Not a latke but very good.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Add some flour and cornstarch if you want a stiffer texture. Highly recommended. Serve a few with some roasted chicken and vegetables for a hella dinner.

Good idea. I will try some cornstarch next time I make them. They make a great lunch if you have access to a stove since you can make them up ahead of time and then fry the potato and egg when you're ready to eat.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Was eyeballing vodka to add into a vodka sauce, it splashed a bit onto the burner and the entire shabang ignited including the bit that had spilled on my hands. My first instinct was to put a big lid on the pan to smother the fire while my hands were still flaming. I made it out the other end without any harm done except the fine hairs on my hands, somehow.

Sorry that doesn't even come close to the worst goon story about eyeballing drugs.

Glad you're alright. Burns are nasty.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

Ages ago but I'm suddenly reminded of the time I was making garlic mashed potatoes and accidently used four bulbs of garlic instead of four cloves.

My friends little brother wanted to make hummus so we gave him a recipe and the ingredients. We came back to him having made the same mistake and put every bulb of garlic in the house in it. It was so strong it was like being tear gassed. We saved part of it to add to future hummus and had to scrap the rest.