Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Minor kitchen fires were a staple of my youth, so I'm not going to mention any besides the time I discovered that if you touch a paper towel to an electric oven heating element, it instantly ignites. Paper towels also burn extremely quickly. I'll let you do the math.

One summer a few years ago my sister worked at a restaurant in a water park nearby. They were the kitchen that did all the catering for various park events, old people renting it out at night, whatever. One night they had to make something like 75 beef roasts, and toward the end of serving discovered that they were one roast short. One of the park managers came in freaking out, screamed at everyone, grabbed a raw, frozen roast out of the freezer, and plunged it into the deep fryer to cook it. It went about as well as you'd expect it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Scott Justice posted:

She picks up the pot of soup, and pours it into a colander in the sink, leaving her with just boiled vegetables and a chicken carcass as her delicious broth drains down the sink.

I have done this, the second time I ever made stock.

There's this long period of time while you try to process what you just did and where it went, and then it sinks in, and you just stand there for a while.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

We've been getting 2+ lbs of zucchini a week from our CSA for the last month or so, and it's starting to wear a little thin. I'm glad we signed up for this, because I'm enjoying being forced to come up with uses for all this produce, but man this is a lot of zucchini.

I remember my grandfather having a basket of it on the front desk at his office for people to take - he used to plant 8-10 plants of it a year, and I can't imagine how much zucchini they must have eaten.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I was making a lemon garlic vinaigrette to toss roasted broccoli with last night, and when I turned to put the grater in the sink I slapped the bowl off the counter and covered the kitchen with it. Then while I was cleaning that up, I burned the broccoli.

Good thing I also burned the breaded chicken I was making. :(