Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Steve Yun posted:

What kind of grocery can have so little rotation that a block of velveeta can sit there for two+ years

I wonder if that's an error on warehouse's end, crap that's suppose to be thrown out got sent to the store instead.

Edit:

My story:

I decided at one point that I was gonna try "poaching" an egg on some hot rice. So I cook up some rice, and I think I probably put too much water in it, for when the rice cooker went off, it did look somewhat soggy, but basically - the instant it's done I dumped it in the bowl, crack the egg in it, broke the yolk and mixed it up good.

It didn't cook. Turned out the rice wasn't hot enough or it was too wet, ended up stirring, and stirring - only took three bites before my gag reflex went 'yeah - one more bite and I'm gonna puke all over'.

dumped the bowl out, put in the dishwasher, and ended up having the rest of the rice with honey bbq sauce and cheese (Which actually was good, if a bit unorthodox).

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

that I know, but it didn't turn out well in my case - the rice was too wet is what I think what caused the problem.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

While not quite a disaster, it's amusing. One thanksgiving, my folks decided to make some pies - a pecan pie, and a rhubarb (well the pecan was a disaster, they followed the recipe, but it was a gross syrupy mess) the day before. They threw a clean dishtowel over the pies before going to bed.

Later that night, I heard a noise from the kitchen and got up to investigate, and caught our cat on the kitchen stove standing right on top of the pies

I ended up yelling at her, and waking up my aunt who went to see what was going on. We investigated the pies, and discovered that despite her exploring and running off when I caught her, she just left two perfect paw-shaped holes in each pie.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

dino. posted:

So how'd the pie taste?

didn't try the rhubarb, don't like rhubarb, but the pecan didn't set properly, so it was like eating mush with soaking wet pecans.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah - Hot Paprika can be stupidly hot. My Aunt kept trying a Goulash recipe, first time going by recipe made it way too hot for anyone, second time with half paprika ended up being too hot for me (I have a lower Spicy tolerance), the third time was 1/4th the hot paprika and the rest sweet paprika and it was actually tolerable.