Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gatts posted:

I once made an omelet when I was young mixing up sugar for salt. Yeah.

That wouldn't in any way prevent me from eating it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

My Lovely Horse posted:

Five minutes later she entered the living room: "Yeah, you were right. Should probably call the fire department." I went back and there it was, our little fire, merrily burning away in the gas oven. So much fat had dripped down on the bottom plate that there was a little pool. I closed the oven door, because oxygen, and turned off the gas, because holy poo poo open fire and gas line. Which was evidently what the fire department thought as well because they showed up in full force, by then the fire had died and we were just waiting for them to inspect things and give us the OK to continue.

Cake turned out alright.

Don't ovens normally heat things with an open flame, it just happens to be beneath a heat dispenser or something? I'm just not sure why a fire in an oven is that big a deal. Turn off the oven and let it burn out on its own, no?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

dino. posted:

I know it's a joke, but for the record, we don't actually use curry powder in India.

Isn't curry powder just already mixed Cumin, Mustard Seed, Chili Powder, and Coriander (gently caress Tumeric 4 eva)?

Why are people making fun of it, is it bad to have that? Is it bad because it's preground and therefore not as fresh and tasty and roastable?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tweek posted:

I want you to remember that I gave you a chance to that that back.

I prefer a combination of cumin and paprika (with a pinch of ginger/cinnamon if I'm feeling frisky) over whatever sweaty dirt flavor tumeric provides.

:colbert:

edit: :colbert:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tweek posted:

Have it your way. Consider yourself :siren:Called Out:siren:

I'll try to come up with some things, I guess. :mad:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

MeramJert posted:

Are you talking about the chili article that starts with the sentence "The chili/cinnamon roll combo started in the public schools in northwest Iowa."?

You could probably make a really interesting sloppy joe using cinnamon rolls as the buns.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Jesus Christ that's so disgusting but I would still eat the gently caress out of that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ColHannibal posted:

Sure that is a lot of frosting, but it's just a different way of cooking it.

What I meant as disgusting was the lovely artificial ingredients the company puts in that dough mix.

It's the equivalent to eating Kraft Mac n Cheese with yellow #5 'cheese ingredient' when you could take just twenty extra minutes to make delicious real oven baked mac and cheese from scratch.

There's nothing wrong with that level of frosting. If you' gon' play with a cinnamon roll, you gon' get wet and sticky, baby.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

slidebite posted:

Never really buy any of their dough/bread products (other than weiner wraps for a treat) but we bought some of their cookie tubes since it was on sale (shopping while hungry) and while I didn't get a bad aftertaste, their were to the point of sickeningly sweet.

To contribute to the thread, how about a drink disaster?

When I was a kid my folks were hosting some sort of cocktail party and everyone was having a great time mixing drinks. I asked my mom if I could too and she said OK as long as I left the "adult" bottles alone.

Milk and apple juice do not mix very well. :barf:

Clearly you've never made a cinnamon apple milkshake. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
If it's just Kraft (which is honestly pretty poo poo to begin with) you may as well just use water instead of milk if you lack milk. Toss a little extra butter or Olive Oil in there adn you're good to go.

Let's face it, if you're eating powdered cheese additive mac & cheese, it's not to get a legitimate Mac & Cheese experience. It's so you can punish yourself and eat away your loneliness.