Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I have two.

The first, I was making apple pie for the first time. I had the recipe up on my computer, and I was rushing back and forth looking at the ingredients list like an idiot. Anyway, I accidentally created a cinnamon challenge pie when I added 1/3 cup of cinnamon rather than 1/3 teaspoon. The reason. Another ingredient used 1/3 of a cup and the fraction and measurement size were separated from each other by a black line and I didn't pay enough attention.

The second was today. I decided to surprise my fiance with some cupcakes when she gets home. Anyway, I made a nice peanut butter cupcake for the bottom and made frosting for the first time, deciding on a grape frosting. So I whipped up some frosting as per the recipe, and took some fresh red grapes, diced them real small, and boiled them down in a pot with some lovely sweet wine, before adding the very hot grape mixture directly into the frosting which immediately melted. It is still frosting, and the cupcakes still taste delicious, but they are a runny sticky mess, despite the mixture spending time in the fridge for several hours before I put it on the cupcakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Peenmaster posted:

I feel like you should have noticed that the cinnamon level was off when you started opening your fourth bottle of cinnamon...

I have a big rear end bottle of cinnamon.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Do you mind letting me know what you did wrong with the custard? I am sure that I will end up making custard pie at some point, and I would like to learn from your mistake. It is probably something simple that I should know, but I am relatively new to cooking, even though it has now become my favorite hobby, much to the satisfaction of my fiance.

In messup news, I had some leftover German chocolate that I got from my friend about a year ago, so I decided to make fudge out of it, even though I didn't have condensed milk. That went fine, but when I decided to add a candied peanut butter topping on top I made a dumbass decision to use regular sugar rather than powdered sugar. It was pretty tasty, but a bit crunchy. I should have known better. In any case, I fixed the problem by melting it down and turning in into a delicious frosting for some brownies I made.