Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Please tell me that this game isn't so predictable that Dexter's going to be the villain.

I've heard of this game before but never seen it, and I guess it's looking okay. Doesn't seem all that spectacularly fun to play, though, especially the touchscreen stuff. Still, apart from that and the music it does seem mostly competent. But I do have a weakness for Sonic games, so if it were a different IP then I doubt I'd be saying that.

Also, prune juice that raises your attack power? Sounds like a warrior's drink. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

ONE LAST THING: Remember when I said there were only 40 Chao in the game? Technically, I lied. There are actually 45. BioWare had 5 more Chao (their class is "Viral") on the cart that they were planning to give away at special events. On 9/28/08, 99 people got a Chao at the Nintendo World store in NYC. There were no other special events and the other 4 special ones had to be uncovered by hackers tearing the game's code apart.

Come on, not gonna tell us what they do?

Captain Oblivious posted:

Alright, so am I the only one who immediately thought "Penny Arcade is that you?" in response to the Lumberjack? Dude looks heavily reminiscent of Gabe's style.

I saw that too, yeah.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

Uhhh, wasn't planning on it. Figured nobody would care, especially since we wouldn't be seeing them.

Ah, so they're all just pretty banal. I was expecting something interesting, I guess.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Okay, I was really expecting the normal anthropomorphized Sonic characters and not whatever this is.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is it really that hard to believe that he just likes theme parks? Don't tell me that none of you wouldn't love having an evil amusement park designed after yourself.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the game doesn't even bother coming up with the flimsiest of explanations for why you can only have 4 party members at a time.

So what's up with those Lego shoes that Knuckles has, anyway? I could never figure that out.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Amy and Rouge, so we can have a 50/50 gender split.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So Tails turned into a hulk to defeat the villain du jour. This makes perfect sense considering that, out of all the characters in the Sonic universe, Tails is the one specifically known for the fact that he fights stuff at lot. It just naturally follows that since he's already so good at fighting stuff, the only way for him to improve would be to fuse with more copies of himself, like in dragonball Z. Because, as we all know, his one defining trait is that he punches stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bloodly posted:

Well, he always WANTED to be able to punch stuff at least once.

I remember this, though it's badly remembered and not based off the same material. Didn't want to be a hanger-on and such, wanted to be capable enough to stand on his own.

Yes, and clearly the way to stand on your own and to defeat the villain is by getting swole and hitting it. I'm sure that Knuckles helped out too by building a robot to fight the elephant, and then Sonic probably drove his motorcycle into it or something.

• Locked thread