Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
I actually really liked this game when I played it a few years ago, but I've always heard people say it was terrible. I'm looking forward to seeing whether I was just a dumb kid when I played it or if it really is at least pretty alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Buttass posted:

Personally if it were up to me they'd reboot the whole franchise, and they could only keep, say, four or five characters besides the core trio, if they can successfully argue that they can do something actually funny with them (Rouge gets a by on the vetting process, because if they did her properly she'd be the best character in the franchise, but naturally that comes with the stipulation that they actually do her properly). Seriously everything they have ever come up with has been something that, deep down, really needed to be funny. I have no idea what possessed them to go all Tails Gets Trolled.

Isn't that more or less what they've done post-Sonic 2006?

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sort of. The active and recurring Sonic friends so far are:

* Sonic
* Tails
* Knuckles
* Shadow
* Rouge
* Amy
* Cream
* Vector
* Espio
* Charmy
* Blaze
* Silver

With occasional appearances by Big and Omega.

To be fair, most of those characters have only been in Generations after 2006, where the whole point was to celebrate everything Sonic's been through. Between Secret Rings, Unleashed, Black Knight, Colors, and Lost World, I think it's just been Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Blaze and Amy. And of those I think you've only had to play as Sonic, with Knucles/Blaze/Shadow being optional characters in one game. I guess there were maybe some handheld games since then that I never played so I dunno who was in those though. I guess that's still a decent amount, but it seems like they've been cutting down.

Wind God Sety fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 25, 2013

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

Big's story in SA1 justifies itself entirely based on the fact that him climbing ladders so quickly is hilarious.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

Rouge and Knuckles.

• Locked thread