Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I can't believe someone is doing this game!

I remember Amy's Blow Kiss being pretty useful on Sonic to get past all the ridiculous defense enemies later on, making him out damage pretty much everything by quite a bit when maxed out. It beats relying on all the Armor Piercing Moves or grinding. Don't think I ever really needed to.

Most of Amy's skills suck anyways, I would suggest trying it out. Since it buffs "Power" it's really good on Sonic who will get multiple attacks per turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Amy and Big.

(I would suggest Rouge and Big just so you'd eventually run into a box and have to go back and get Knuckles/Amy.)

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Glazius posted:

I dunno, I like the idea of Rouge keeping your bank account topped up.

The items, though - one or two points in a statistic really makes a big difference?

I wouldn't say they matter too much, although the damage increasing ones are actually pretty useful, especially for Sonic who can attack three times. Armour ones too for Tails and Creme

My general strategy in this game was to use Blow Kiss (Amy's Power Buff) on Sonic, so he can pretty much beat up anyhing with basic attacks. Maybe the Tails thing to add on an extra turn as well.

I would actually reccomend the damage and armour increasing items for the... rockin fight with Sonic. Nothing in the game is particulairly hard, especially if the mechanics are properly explained.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On the other hand, this is the perfect line to save for last. :allears:

Creme and Big especially tend to have the best lines in these segments.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Sonic: Axe Kick
Tails: Medibot
Big: Taunt
Knuckles: Uppercut
Cream: Refresh
Amy: Blow Kiss
Eggman: Save for Bombardment
Shadow: Atomic Strike
Rouge: Plunder

Amy's Blow Kiss and Sonic's basic attack pretty much beat the rest of the game for me once I got it.

And since Rouge is pretty worthless, Plunder will at least give you items during combat so you can heal in between battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
You can get by with Sonic/Shadow + Amy's Blow Kiss with the way damage works and Sonic having three turns. Sonic + power boosting item also works for that one fight.

But regardless: Amy, Shade, Shadow. Team SASS.

• Locked thread