Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Crossposting from PYF.

Beartaco posted:

This bird has been singing the same song in the park across from my apartment for as long as I've lived here, going on two years now. He recently changed the song up a little, adding a different verse so I decided to head over to his tree to get a video. You can kind of tell he's switching between his old song and his new song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvWNDI2Pg_g

Sadly I've yet to be able to actually see him, despite hearing him on a daily basis and I'm not a bird expert so I'm not even sure what kind of bird he is! I love him to bits though, so talented.

e: You can hear his new verse clearly at about 20 seconds in and he gets back into his old rhythm at about 52 seconds.

I caught a very glimpse of him the other day as he was flying off. Didn't look much larger than a sparrow. This is in Christchurch, New Zealand. If anyone could help me identify what kind of bird this fantastic little fella is I would be so grateful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Based on those audio recordings, I think that might be it! You may have just solved a two year long mystery for me, thank you so much. I'll have to keep going out to try confirm it but now I finally know what I'm looking for!