Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I've got my poll from last year ready for new data! I meant to tweak the formula in the offseason but I didn't and probably won't.

This is me exactly. I meant to spend some time in the Summer improving my spreadsheet, but actually doing outdoor things took precedence. I'll probably do one poll with last year's formula and work on a brand new spreadsheet and tweak as the year goes by. I won't post anything until at least week 4 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

The NCAA ended my poll by changing the way stats are presented on their page.

My poll was originally meant to give the true rankings of the team because no one else was doing it, but now that other people are doing it correctly, I don't need to worry about it, which is a nice change from the days when I spent 3 hours a week on the poll. I can read other people's work to know how teams are ranked instead of feeling like I need to do it myself.

Glad I'm not the only one this happened to. I might still run my poll at the end of the year if I can figure out how to impore the stats. I also haven't had the free time I did last year, and my team sucks bad so I've been less interested overall in CFB this year.

• Locked thread