Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!
Someone keep a running tally of how much jail time me and FutureFriend are getting for being accomplices in Wario's crime spree.

I hope you guys are ready to hear my audio quality constantly change because every mic I own keeps breaking within a week of me owning it.

Holidae fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Added to the list of crimes committed: terrible puns. I'm sorry for what I done.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

FutureFriend posted:

I kinda tend to skip over enemies because I tend to not really play too risky, but I'll try to keep this in mind and accommodate what you guys want in the next video I'll record (Sherbet Land will still have me playing somewhat carefully.)

I'll try to do the same for the coins, too.

Fortune favors the bold, FutureFriend. Punish them for standing between you and your wealth.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

We've been trying to get together and record the next episode for about a week now but various circumstances (all of them on my end) keep getting in the way. Sorry about that. I promise to do better. :ohdear:

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

PantslessScot posted:

I'm happy to see an update and all, but one thing I always questioned is why it's 'Sherbet' and not 'Sherbert'. Perhaps the latter is one of the many weird Britishisms that seem to cause schisms.

dijon du jour posted:

A cursory Googling reveals that the "sherbert" is actually just an extremely common misspelling of "sherbet".
I... In all my years on the internet I can't believe I've never heard of this. Nothing is certain anymore.

It's Shoobie Land and you have both beefed it to the fullest extent of the law.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

It has recently come to our attention that even our considerable LP chops aren't enough to keep this train rolling along at a good pace. We need extra people to get out and push.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I turn the 3D on and see nothing. All I get is really horribly low-res looking black and white, even at 1080p. The non-3D version, at least, isnt so horribly janky looking.

EDIT: Wait, no, nvm. I thought actually clicking where it said "on" turned it on, but it turns out clicking the 3D option anywhere toggles it. It looks horribly janky WITHOUT the 3D turned on. Still, I dont have any 3D glasses, but I could probably get some.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

whitehelm posted:

So will anyone be going with the "cross eyes" option? I can do it but the image ends up really small, so I'm going with glasses.

Holy poo poo. I just tried this and it worked perfectly for me. I also finally got the 1080p to take, so the jankiness was purely youtube refusing to actually display it properly. I am changing my vote to 3D.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

For the purposes of this update, the roles of Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson will be played by FutureFriend and Holidae respectively.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Glad y'all enjoyed it! I know we definitely had fun making it. I can't wait to start on the next game. Hell, I don't even know what it's like.

I predict that with our new commentators the videos will have at least 30% less awkward pauses.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Captain Syrup actually is Dark Samus. When her plans to Phazon the whole galaxy failed, she instead turned to piracy; stealing statues and downloading episodes of Breaking Bad.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

FutureFriend posted:

Here's what all the buckets look like, jeez.

One of those buckets is Wario's explorer hat from Wario Land. There's our connection. My mind is now at ease.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

Is the beaver at the end of each level supposed to be Wario's accountant?

Accountants cost money and Wario is loath to give his money to anyone. If anything he works for Wario on the promise that Wario won't steal all his poo poo.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Glazius posted:

That was a pretty fun video to watch. It seemed unusually crisp and clear, definitely better than the Gameboy game.

Yeah, I was legit impressed by just how good the game looks. Shame it had to be on such a terrible system.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Even though I say otherwise in the videos Level 12-ish is about where I turned on the game, mentally. It just drags its feet so goddamn much in the last few levels.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Toffile posted:

Lets ask the man himself.

Wario basically had enough of that poo poo in WL1 and said "gently caress Death. I'm immortal."

I'm starting to believe that these games are self-insert fanfiction written by Wario himself. He spends his weekends writing them to dull the pain of losing all those soccer and tennis matches to his rear end in a top hat neighbor Mario. Every game he gets stronger, faster, and acquires ever larger piles of cash.

Holidae fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 15, 2013

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Toffile posted:

Self-Insert fanfiction is Wario Land 6.

Good lord I loving love this series

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Those loving ice dudes.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Killrrhubarb posted:

Whoa, I was actually not expecting this game to have multiple paths. That's some Deus Ex kinda poo poo going on.

I never asked for this. I thought the LP was over. It didn't even occur to me as we were watching the credits that we already had a second video ready to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Pretty sure you mean me. That's just kind of how I sound when I'm relaxing.

I did actually yawn once or twice during the video, though. i apologize for that. Didn't get to the mute mic button fast enough.

Holidae fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 23, 2014

• Locked thread