Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Allarion posted:

And to think people were upset that Chisame became a hikikomori in the happy ending timeline...

Though Negi eventually dying in the UQ holder timeline was probably a hint about all this to some degree

I had wondered about that in the first chapter but was a little bit thrown off because they seem to be two completely different graveyards:

Negi's grave in UQ Holder:

Negi's grave in Negima:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyte posted:

It just means "grandma and company", there's no specification as to who or what the companions are.

It's singular noun or pronoun describing the person in the lead plus -tachi that turns it into a group. For example "we" is watashitachi/oretachi/[other forms of me]tachi.

It always amuses me when some weeb presumes they're some expert in Japanese and tries to "correct" other people/translators. Though this particular mistake seems like a perfect example of someone learning something from studying but not having the reading/listening experience to understand the context in which it's usually used.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

i flunked out posted:

I had wondered about that in the first chapter but was a little bit thrown off because they seem to be two completely different graveyards:

Negi's grave in Negima:

Why do gravestones get me every time

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

i flunked out posted:

Negi's grave in Negima:

Well since Negi's technically not dead yet since he's possessed and all, I assume he'll get another grave maybe.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not quite sure how to describe the feel of this chapter, but it felt....good. Melancholic yet happy, a sort of bittersweet reminding me of YKK in a little way.

Also, my second-favorite ship confirmed as well as my favorite. Two for two :smug:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So, uh a thought occurs; Is that not Negi as the current Mage of the Beginning's host (at least in terms of soul), then?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ConanThe3rd posted:

So, uh a thought occurs; Is that not Negi as the current Mage of the Beginning's host (at least in terms of soul), then?

What do you mean when you say "current"?

Negi is currently, in the "present" of UQ Holder, the host of Ialda, The Mage of the Beginning. At this point in the flashback, however, he is not yet the host. Nagi is still the host, and is joined by Negi's corrupted comrades from the previous chapter. According to the timeline, Negi will fail in his attempt to vanquish Ialda, becoming possessed. The ending of Negima implies that this will somehow be resolved during the course of UQ Holder, but...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now pulling for Evangeline's three generation Springfield reverse harem end.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Those are some top Eva faces this chapter.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

This is a super deep callback.

Allllll the way from chapter 71 of the original Negima, which came out in 2004, a full fourteen years ago.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Mikl posted:

This is a super deep callback.

Allllll the way from chapter 71 of the original Negima, which came out in 2004, a full fourteen years ago.

I'm pretty sure that list of spells showed up even earlier in Negima, like when he was first prepping to fight Eva the first time back in Volume 3. And now we come full circle.

Loved the Eva faces and costumes this chapter, especially that maid one. Of course Eva knows how to cook, having lived for so long. Still, the feels I got at the end of this one. Made me miss getting weekly chapters for this thing...

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Fantastic Eva faces

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

on a tangent, akamatsu drew another blond vampy for oh!great's manga adaptation of bakemonogatari, which is really well done and has guest illusts at the end of chapters

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oof.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Smart guy Fate knows the only way to get anything done in a manga is to create a bunch of traumatized children with superpowers.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 10, 2018

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Chachazero getting carved up really hit me there.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
UQ Holder has been pretty great for a while, but man does that dip during the race stand out now. It's a somewhat frustrating series because it's clear that when it stays on track it can really bring it home but it's also just as liable to get into a bunch of BS low-rent harem nonsense just enough that you have to stay on your toes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

UQ Holder has been pretty great for a while, but man does that dip during the race stand out now. It's a somewhat frustrating series because it's clear that when it stays on track it can really bring it home but it's also just as liable to get into a bunch of BS low-rent harem nonsense just enough that you have to stay on your toes.

So it's the sequel to Negima

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
There's a new chapter out, featuring the long-awaited return of power-up by kissing, a.k.a. pactio!

Ganbatte, Kuromaru :3:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I swear, at this point I'm like 80% sure Tota is just loving with everybody and is fully aware how much everyone wants him.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Mikl posted:

There's a new chapter out, featuring the long-awaited return of power-up by kissing, a.k.a. pactio!

:vince:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Given that Pactio are just free power ups why haven’t they been doing them the whole time

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

For a while this totally wasn't Negima 2 I absolutely swear you guys it's not and they had to keep up a façade :allears:

I wholeheartedly welcome the return of this glorious bullshit.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And I continue to have a lot of very mixed Gender Feelings about how this thing treats Kuromaru

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

god I love tota, he's so accepting of everyone

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

New chapter, now with more Type-Moon!

Making Karin actually Judas Iscariot sure is a loving choice out of left field. :magical:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hadn't that been implied a long time ago?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Kyte posted:

Hadn't that been implied a long time ago?

I honestly don't remember. I do remember it being implied that she was, in fact, that old and under some kind of divine providence but I'd have to go back and re-read how blatant any implication was.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, they mentioned her being Judas maybe around when she was introduced I think, if not the 2nd arc that involved her heavily

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

U-DO Burger posted:

UQ Holder: my immortal gender-swapped Judas can't be this cute

Ah here we go, 2 years ago in chap 109

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Ah, diamond mouths, how I missed you.

Also, lol at Negi's life being turned into an MMO.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
Ish Karin Ote

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Judas Iscariot is actually a Japanese schoolgirl cursed by Jesus’s love

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Didn't she also have markings with XIII on her back?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

Didn't she also have markings with XIII on her back?

Yeah, she did.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Thank you another thread for reminding me that there would be a new chapter out around now (Chapter 153).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Why do any of you read this series with naked children all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Let me tell you about Kill La Kill.

(I did when I was a dumbass teenager. Key word being, “dumbass”.)

• Locked thread