Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Okay now I'm sold on the game

embed that in the OP, it's important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

goldjas posted:

Why am I playing this.

well, those cookies won't click themselves

until you get the cursors to do that i guess

in which case, those cookies will click themselves pretty frequently

So uh I guess I don't know either

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spiffo posted:

What does milk do? How does it work?

It looks like you get more milk for getting more achievements, and then the cats make it so the milk gives you additional (and exponentially increasing?) CPS.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

big mean giraffe posted:

I don't see any cats or milk are you guys playing an old version?

If you haven't done so in the past 12 hours, you need to refresh.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So why was I making billions of cookies per second earlier today, but now I'm only making 200 mil? Did time machines get nerfed hardcore or something?

I was trucking along at one new time machine every minute or two and then suddenly I'm going 6 hours without being able to afford the next one after refreshing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm at over 300 million cookies per second and trying to get to 100 time machines. I'm at 86. I went to bed, woke up, and still can't afford the 20 trillion cookies I need for my next time machine. And that's just for number 87.

Progress has slowed down so much that I'm basically needing to just leave the game running on its own for days at a time to make any appreciable changes to my CPS.

Beware, my friends, for the cookie abyss will sap your will to live. There is no game here, no fun. Only cookies. I must have more cookies. I must.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Maha posted:

There is no way raspberry juice goes better with cookies than milk.

I feel like it's just supposed to shift from white to red over time, and eventually become blood or something, but there's not enough achievements for that yet so it's topping out at a mid-transition 'raspberry juice' thing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Leadthumb posted:

Spoiler alert! There will be new ways to get more cookies!

But... but what will become of the Grandmas once they're obsoleted by new technology? :ohdear:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

GreatGreen posted:

I wonder what the upper limit is to the amount of cookies you can have in the bank.

There doesn't seem to be one, it starts using scientific notation if you do absurd things to it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Danyull posted:

I got home to click some cookies and the website is down SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Quick, start baking cookies, bake as many as you can until the game resumes. Bake like you've never baked before.

Let your life become cookies.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Grinning Goblin posted:

I don't think any of the hidden achievements give milk%.

They do. I got the cheating ones and reset-based ones and they all gave me additional milk.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Finnankainen posted:

So this probably got answered somewhere, but where do golden cookies show up?

Anywhere. Any time.

They are all around us. Simultaneously everywhere and nowhere. Golden cookies bring us together, and yet, they drive us apart. But whenever you need them, at your most desperate, at your most dire, the golden cookie will come.

It is benevolent... for now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Grondoth posted:

Guys my cookies are rewriting the fundamental laws of the universe. How do I stop this?

This is their destiny. You cannot stop the cookies.

You are the cookies.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Camel Camus posted:

Let's vote on the next cookies?

I'm vote for creaming cookies.

Cookies made out of cookies.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It doesn't seem to ever buy any upgrades, just more buildings.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cheez posted:

I guess I'm the first member of the 1 billion cps club.

Yay... me...?

I had that, but then I reset to get all the reset achievements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I NEED MORE COOKIES

Actually the game looks really ridiculous once everything's costs are represented by scientific notation. I wish that was a natural part of the game. You know, for people who don't cheat.

• Locked thread