Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Tycho over at Penny Arcade has been bitten by the cookie bug:

quote:

I would have gotten here a lot sooner if it weren’t for Cookie Clicker. Man, gently caress that guy. You work so hard to ennoble play and craft and systems as aesthetics and whatever other Goddamn thing, but if you put a cookie on the screen and ask me to click it I will apparently do that for hours and loving hours. I’m creating three and a half million cookies per second and it feels like the apex of human achievement. I stand atop a cookie ziggurat, my arms outstretched; chocolate lightning strikes both palms.

It feels like the end of The Ring. Everyone is being shown the cookie, the blessing of Grandma has been spread to many.

Edit: ^^^ Candy Box had me hooked for a while, but Cookie Clicker takes the counter-watching genre to a whole new level.

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

30b CpS while cookie frenzied, but it's still not enough. It's never enough.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Cheez posted:

loving hell, Red. Farms suck rear end, farms need a fix. They're not going to get a suitable fix.
And, seeing that Cursors were always better than anything else even before grandmapocalypse, you come in saying even dumber things than he is. You couldn't possibly think that adding a few upgrades after the 50 farm upgrade and whatnot could be better?

Click the cookie.

quote:

Calling orteil retarded and farms bad is far from overreacting. Tearing into your rear end after you said some unbelievable poo poo isn't either.

Click the goddamn cookie.

edit: Do this.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Guys I am clicking cookies! :)

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

Wait dungeons are live? How do I dungeon?

http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/beta/

It uses a separate (internet) cookie from the main game, so you can play that one from scratch or import your main save. The dungeon opens up at 50 factories, so importing a late-game save will get you access right away.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Merijn posted:

Ey dis is bullshit, the number stops going up when I switch tabs. :mad:
Also sometimes I can click the button when I haven't made my number as big as I should have for enabling clicking the button.

(God this game feels like it's been run through Wikipedia's 'Simple English' filter)

I'm going to hazard a guess that there is a set maximum number of time you need to wait before increasing your number. Each time you press number (without excess to spend) you're going to wait about the same amount of time to press it again. It increases your NpS almost erratically, but it matches the rate needed.

It's a very clever snark, and I like it :colbert:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

tractor fanatic posted:

Wrath cookies are still worth clicking, especially if you're using an autoclicker. They're just terrible in comparison to regular golden cookies.

Cookie chain just got me 6.6Qa cookies. Wrath cookies are the poo poo now, buy buy buy buy :getin:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Bacon Drew posted:

You're right. It's better for the cookies themselves. Nothing says yummy like some nice chewy period blood cookies!

Red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips are awesome. Safeway has a whole platter of 'em for $5. You're welcome.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

This is when the cookie wars begin.

Leadthumb posted:

Sounds like you just like white chocolate. Red velvet is gross, shameful imitation of chocolate, a putrid relic left over from world war 2 rationing. I'm sorry your taste buds don't work, or that you don't know any better. If there was something I could do to fix you, and everyone else who agrees with you, I would.

Kyrosiris posted:

Those are loving delicious. In fact, I will go eat one now.

Also when Dieting Hippo says "a whole platter", he means fifty loving cookies.

big mean giraffe posted:

White chocolate isn't even real chocolate, it's bullshit. It's 10 times more offensive than red velvet, which is delicious, and contains cocoa.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Those aren't red velvet homie

The people saw each other divided on dough products with confectioneries occasionally laced in. Cries of "They're not pure!" rang out among those in separate camps. Some saw the plain sugar cookie as the golden ideal, a flawless disc of perfection. Others preached the inclusion of fruit and were outcast from society.

It wasn't the foul green cookie that did us in. No, no one would touch it.

It was us. We are the cookie that ends the world.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Afro posted:

Finally

Been sitting on 302 chips for few couple days.

I have 317 now, 1000 is my reset goal. These super awesome cookie chains will lead me to glory.

I say as I get my third ruin in a row :shepface:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Jibo posted:

I don't like eating cookies. :( But I do like baking them. So I guess that makes me the perfect candidate for this game.

The biggest tragedy of all is never tasting any of the quadrillions of cookies you bake.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

LouDog004 posted:

What a vague answer about a game with such transparent math. What amount of time would it take to get back to his old CpS? How much waiting, how many more heavenly chips? Neither you nor mewthree said why a second reset at 750 heavenly chips is best.

You are really angry about cookies. You should just reset your cookies and make more. Clam down.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

M3wThr33 posted:

PRISMS!

Are reindeer still going to happen? I never got close to 200 clicked.

I think they can be toggled when you hit 5000 heavenly chips.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Sindai posted:

According to the wiki once you're down to the last rare egg the chance of it generating is 2.5% the chance of getting your first egg.

So yeah, it can take a while.

EDIT: Oh cool, someone also did the math for average # of wrinklers: with Santa's Bag it's 663, so you're most of the way there. :toot:

I was about 1000 wrinklers in before I got my 20th egg the first time. For salt in the wound, it was Omlette.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Merijn posted:

5 octillion, jeez. I'm not even at 30 septillion after resetting last week. Better farm some more chips for a few weeks then.

AdVenture Capitalist is fun enough to carry me over though.

Took me a while to realize that if you are clicking on the profits all the time, you're doing it wrong.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Alasyre posted:

Using One Mind in a permanent upgrade slot seems to cause research to stop there. I assume it's the same for other research upgrades.

I thought about doing that, but I like not having wrath cookies so early in the game. That bug would keep me from accidentally buying Communal Brainsweep though, and that is a great thing.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Adventure Capitalist didn't snag me for too long.

This sucked me in.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Morgulis give +11% hero soul DPS every level with no cap, that owns too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

I don't see 400 cursors :colbert:

• Locked thread