Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

seacat posted:

Yes, if you're a hot (presumably you are since you're a stripper) guys will check you out. Holy poo poo, guys might even hit on you.

I've heard this whole single-woman-walking-the-streets-every-man-wants-to-rape-me-poo poo from prima donnas before. Yeah, there are horrible sociopathic rapists out there. Of course that means every male is one. There's a great defense: if you don't wanna get approached cut off all your hair, gain 100 lbs, never again wear makeup, don't shave and strut around in Walmart stretch pants and stained Tshirts. Of course that might lower your "sex industry" money so you might have to choose.

Also,
I read a few of your posts and if you got your nose any further up her rear end you'd be smelling her tonsils. Yeesh, at least get a camshow off her and stop cluttering up these boards so she can give us some more interesting stories.

What age of manchild are you? Are you the fresh-out-his-parent's-basement 21 or younger manchild, or are you the bitter-because-I-don't-get-what-I'm-entitled-to over 30 manchild? Are you in the middle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman,
For her price is far above rubies.
He just needs some discipline in his life but he has to come to that conclusion on his own. And when he does, myself or someone like me will be there to guide him.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

luscious posted:

He just needs some discipline in his life but he has to come to that conclusion on his own. And when he does, myself or someone like me will be there to guide him.

I think an actual therapist might be cheaper :whip:

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

TheSpiritFox posted:

I think an actual therapist might be cheaper :whip:

Therapy is for people who want to take control. Domination is for people who want it taken from them.

Railtus
Apr 8, 2011

daz nu bi unseren tagen
selch vreude niemer werden mac
der man ze den ziten pflac
First of all, even though I have no idea who the jerk making the misogynistic comments was, I feel an impulse to apologise for his behaviour. Or at least express my sympathy and say I am sorry you had to deal with that.

Getting that out the way with, this is an utterly bizarre question.

An “Ig Nobel Prize” study apparently concluded that exotic dancers make the most money when at their peak fertility, less money when menstruating, and even less if on the pill.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200709/the-strippers-secret

How does this compare with your experiences?

Thanks in advance.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

luscious posted:

Therapy is for people who want to take control. Domination is for people who want it taken from them.

I knew there was a good reason therapy didn't work for my ex!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Though it begs the question "Why don't they offer domination on the NHS?"

Edit: An actual question: In the chatlogs you post the txt spk is on another level of awful. You type normally here but you dumb down when talking to them. Is that a tactic? Would people be put off by someone speaking actual sentences at them and assume you were standoffish or is just a matter of being in Rome or not giving a drat and saving yourself effort?

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 13, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

NtotheTC posted:

Though it begs the question "Why don't they offer domination on the NHS?"

I'd love to see that claim report.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Railtus posted:

An “Ig Nobel Prize” study apparently concluded that exotic dancers make the most money when at their peak fertility, less money when menstruating, and even less if on the pill.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200709/the-strippers-secret

How does this compare with your experiences?

Thanks in advance.

I can't really comment on this other than to say that when you're on your period and dancing you're obviously going to make less as you're probably going to be fussing with sanitary products more often through your shift / being self conscious of AM I BLEEDING ON THIS PERSON'S LEG / cramping / tired. I never noticed a huge difference in money based on my cycle but do know that if there was a time that I was regularly making less than 50/h I wouldn't continue. Articles like that kinda make me hm and haw a bunch more than "oh look science!" because maybe the women are ovulating mid month which is when dudes are most likely to spend. Or maybe they're getting laid more when they're ovulating which makes them feel sexier. Maybe the women just have more energy while ovulating.

NtotheTC posted:

Edit: An actual question: In the chatlogs you post the txt spk is on another level of awful. You type normally here but you dumb down when talking to them. Is that a tactic? Would people be put off by someone speaking actual sentences at them and assume you were standoffish or is just a matter of being in Rome or not giving a drat and saving yourself effort?

I just try to mirror the men that I'm dealing with. I can type 90+ words per minute but would rather not spend more time necessary if I'm dealing with them so kinda both. I prefer to not use bigger words / speak at above a grade 12 reading level, as I think that when I do the trolls just think that I'm trying to be sooooo smart when I'm obviously sooooo stupid. I dunno. I don't really care. I once had this guy say in the club say to me "Oh we are just discussing Nietzsche and Sartre... would you care to join this discussion?" when I asked if I could join them. He turned to his friend and smirked after that, to which my reply was "if you can't even pronounce their names properly your opinions on their work are probably equally uninformed, so not really...." as I walked away. Sorry dude. You can't make me feel stupid when you can't even pronounce foreign names.
On cam a whiiiiiile ago this guy told me that I was really stupid because I couldn't for the life of me remember that it was "noble gas" but swore that I knew a THING about the periodic table. He said, I guess feeling really cocky and confident in his opinion, that he would tip me 100$ if I could list more than 5 elements THAT VERY SECOND.
but you see.
when I was in grade 7 our science teacher made it very clear that we were to learn the first 10 elements in order and as it turns out they kinda have a nice rhythm going: hydrogen, helium, lithium, beryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen (and then the other two that don't so I guess I only know 8 in order off the top of my head). Seriously. Say it. So even though I was on the opposite side of the room and buddy was watching me the whole time he left in this huff of "loving bitch you just looked that up". I knew I wouldn't get the 100$ even if I listed every single element and each of its properties but really. aside from wasting a man's time, my other favourite thing is to make him look like an idiot for thinking that I'm one.

---

oh also I found what I was looking for:

quote:

If you want pay us to sit and have an intellectual conversation, get a fresh perspective or alternative point of view on a variety of topics… believe it or not we can do that… if you just want to wind down, forget your worries and inhibitions, we’ll level with you and play carefree and bubbly …. whatever you’re most comfortable with… we’re really just a reflection of the vibe we’re picking up off you…

Don’t assume we don’t have the capacity to adapt to our surroundings. It’s really just insulting. Honestly we’re being tolerant of you, so please reciprocate because if some guy said, “hey you, with the great set of legs come here” in any other environment…. I wouldn’t come over. I’d shoot you a dirty look and keep walking.

There’s a time and place. We know that. Don’t come to a club with any predetermined expectations on how we’re supposed to be. If we did that to any of you, you’d have no fun and we’d make no money. Get with it, fellas.

from here

luscious fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 13, 2014

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

also I totally said 10 and listed 8 in my post so I guess I am an IDIOT.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

luscious posted:

also I totally said 10 and listed 8 in my post so I guess I am an IDIOT.

Well then, I won't be inviting YOU to join any of my Nitzchee discussions.

luscious posted:

if there was a time that I was regularly making less than 50/h I wouldn't continue.

I remember reading about a study (I think about New York taxi drivers) that highlighted peoples lack of logical thinking when it came to variable-rate pay. They would sub-consciously set themselves a daily target, and on a great day when there are plenty of fares and good tipping, they would hit that target sooner and knock off early, and on a bad day they would grind it out for hours until they hit the target and stopped. Is there a similar mentality in your industry or do most do what you do and try to maximise their $/hr?

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Again, I can only comment on myself and the way that I think.

I always try to reach certain amounts - normally in hundred dollar increments - and generally don't stop until I reach my goal. With camming this is easier as often in the club you just run out of time. Let's say I did 1k in the club. I wouldn't stop but would instead aim for 1.2 and then more and more. Last night I went offline around the time that I normally did and was pleased with the amount that I made. I told my friend and she told me to get back online and do the last 30$ that would take me to the next hundred dollar increment. I made that. And then was only 11$ away from the most I've made on cam and did that. And then was only 40$ away from the next 100$ increment but thought "am I going to keep going all night just trying to raise raise raise?" and went offline because I was hungry anyway. Ideally, going online earlier is better because then you can have more time to keep pushing. I try not to drive myself crazy though.

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008
Any thought's on this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/prostitution-bill-critics-treated-as-hostile-witnesses-at-committee-1.2704434

quote:

After sitting through more than 16 hours of often heart-wrenching witness testimony, Conservative MPs voted to make just one substantive change Tuesday to Justice Minister Peter MacKay's bid to rewrite Canada's prostitution laws, by narrowing the proposed blanket ban on "public communications" related to sex work to apply only to areas near playgrounds, schoolyards and daycare centres.

quote:

Ambler was particularly perturbed by the Liberals and NDP submitting the names of two witnesses that, she argued, had no business sharing their views on the proposed legislation: University of Victoria researcher Chris Atchison and the Adult Entertainment Association of Canada.

"This is the same Adult Entertainment Association of Canada that, when our government shut down their access to vulnerable overseas women, launched a campaign to recruit 18-year-old high school girls to work in their clubs," Ambler said in her statement.

As for Atchison, described in Ambler's release as a "sociologist": "[He] believes that 'victimization is a two-way street,' and that men who exploit vulnerable prostitutes (who he calls members of the 'sex-buying community') need to be 'understood' and treated in a 'non-judgmental' way," Ambler wrote.

At no point during the appearances of either Atchison or Adult Entertainment Industry Association president Tim Lambrinos did Ambler — or any other Conservative MP — challenge their participation in the process, or confront either witness directly about the claims made in her release.

quote:

Natasha Potvin, a former sex worker who now volunteers with the Victoria-based sex worker support group PEERS, testified on Thursday. In her opening statement, she stressed that the 15 years she spent in the sex trade — from age 21 to 37 — were entirely voluntary.
It was my choice — a choice I made on behalf of my daughter, and I was proud of it," she said, adding that it was also her choice to share her story with the committee.

Calling her a victim, she said, "is to ignore and denigrate my reality, and does not take my choice into account."

Potvin insisted she has been a victim of discrimination based on that choice. She was visited by child protective services officials, who threatened to take her son away because she was a sex worker. She said that experience left her "very reluctant" to disclose her profession.

"I felt very alone, and without any defences. If anything had happened to me, I wouldn't have reported it."

quote:

Ambler, however, seemed more interested in discrediting Potvin than asking her to expand on her concerns.

"[You] mentioned that you liked some of your clients, and liked some of them less, but that, overall you're proud of your choice, and that it's worked for you in your life," she noted.

"The way you tell it, frankly, it sounds like, you know, a TV sitcom about happy hookers, and I just can't reconcile this with the other things I've heard."

Seems like once again our fine Conservative party is sparing us expert and experienced opinion in favour of hearsay and bullshit.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

So you guys know what the Canadarm is, right? Do any of you know if something that works and moves similarly but is a tripod or some kind of I don't know like moving device. Would this happen and be like less than 100$ or need to stop being lazy.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

luscious posted:

So you guys know what the Canadarm is, right? Do any of you know if something that works and moves similarly but is a tripod or some kind of I don't know like moving device. Would this happen and be like less than 100$ or need to stop being lazy.
You mean something like this, that moves on its own? Larger ones will almost certainly cost much more then 100$.
Or something like this? Those you can get for less then 100$ is you shop around a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

First one :swoon: If I had a friend who was willing to try it out first I'd be a lot more inclined to spend 300$ on it.

• Locked thread