Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulvarine
Mar 23, 2008
There are lots of sex worker jobs that don't necessitate penetrative sex, but it's obvious that many will provide it and in fact, that's the whole point and it's why someone would engage their services. For example, I was just looking at a website for a professional submissive and her list of approved activities was non-penetrative (flogging, bondage, so on), but then there was a disclaimer at the bottom saying that if sex did happen it was a consensual activity and was not a paid service etc etc. Obviously this was to get around the fact that straight-up prostitution is illegal in her jurisdiction, but her services definitely involve penetrative sex like 99% of the time, right?

How does this work? People who engage her services are expecting sex even though the transaction cannot be explicit. Does this create a problem for sex workers who do NOT want to engage in penetrative sex, but work in a field where the majority of their "coworkers" do provide that? How and when do you clear this up for a potential client, and is there specific language involved to shield yourself from legal prosecution?

I recently read "Paying For It" by Chester Brown. Have you read it, and if so, do you think it is an accurate portrayal?

(Edited because I veered into politics a bit... sorry!)

Vulvarine fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulvarine
Mar 23, 2008

Svarotslav posted:

Not sure if you have heard about this woman:
http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2013/08/woman-sleep-100000-men/

One of the comments fielded in a discussion I read was around the physical damage that could take place to a woman's privates and associate reproductive system with that much use. Someone them commented on the lack of prostitutes constantly going to hospitals with their insides collapsing etc.

Are you aware of any studies around the prolonged use of a sexworker's genitals and if there's evidence of "wearing them out" or associated health risks?

I'm not a doctor, but that seems like pretty standard misogyny to me, fed by the notion that virgins are all nice and clean before they get defiled with filthy cocks and it's all downhill from there OMG. Nobody is concerned about penises getting "that much use". I'm not a sex worker, but I have found that I'm much more "in shape" when I'm having lots of sex, compared to when I'm in a dry spell. Like exercise, use it or lose it.

• Locked thread